Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quills

Options
  • 07-08-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭

Heard today that quills are closing down,not sure of the detail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

They're part of the same company as the one next door right? Can't remember the name but I know one of the staff and they're just hanging on for redundancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

ofcork wrote: »
    Heard today that quills are closing down,not sure of the detail.

Doors were shut today when I passed,so does,nt look good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I remember years ago when the Savoy was shut down for ages and the owners of Quills were objecting to it being reopened at the time.

Never liked the place after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Quills were the Blarney Woolen Mills ????

mikeym wrote: »
    Never liked the place after that.

I had the misfortune of covering the opening for a local paper, never a more pompostious, condescending, and Protestant 1913 attitude I ever experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Regardless of their attitude etc it's till another loss to the City Centre.
    Apparently there's someone else lined up to go in there but who and for how long?
    The figure Quills gave for their rates was €100,000 a year which is ludicrous. That's 2 grand a week so the first 4 grand they take in a week would have to go to pay for that. That's crazy.... and what do the traders get from the council in return??? Certainly bad value for money in a city centre that's dying on its feet.

The figure Quills gave for their rates was €100,000 a year which is ludicrous. .... and what do the traders get from the council in return???

Probably two Civil Servants or whatever they are renaming themselves as, who have affordable childcare, sick leave which they seemingly take as holidays as well as the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Quills were the Blarney Woolen Mills ????

No. Different family totally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

theres 2 or 3 shops there in a row that have , shall we say , an interesting take on customer service.
    Always found the place way overpriced as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

horgan_p wrote: »
    theres 2 or 3 shops there in a row that have , shall we say , an interesting take on customer service.

Thought it catered for the well heeled tourist in need for tweed....Clancy Bros jumpers and things a regular Irish person would never wear.

They sure knew how to price stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

horgan_p wrote: »

Exactly,good riddance to bad news I'd say.stores like quills are outdated and didn't move with the times.New shops which cater to the tastes of the public will open.have faith!

Advertisement