Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchsmart high cpu temerature

Options
  • 07-08-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

The computer is the HP Touchsmart 520.

The CPU is an intel i3 2120.

When not using the PC the CPU is at 50% load and the temperature is between 87 and 92 degree. This is causing the fan to be on at full speed constantly

The only thing that looks a bit high in the task manager is an scvhost.exe program that is 100,000kb all the time. Even when I close a lot of the other programs the CPU load does not drop. Could it be a virus

I'm just looking for opinions on what to try.

So far virus scans have come back clear
    I'm going to try a scan from a linux live CD later.

Could it be a hardware issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It's trying to do updates. Check windows update and install what needs to be done. Do a scan with malwarebytes if you think it's infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

jca wrote: »
    It's trying to do updates. Check windows update and install what needs to be done. Do a scan with malwarebytes if you think it's infected.

I never though of that I'll try that and see if it helps thanks

Advertisement