Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attachments not working in Gmail

Options
  • 07-08-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

From today attachment button is not anymore working!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What browser?
    Did you try another browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 berrymore88

I'm using Mozilla Firefox browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

I'm using Mozilla Firefox browser. Why should I try another browther if 10 years it was working without any problem? It's definitely gmail's problem not of my browser. Do you experience the same and how you resolve it?

Gmail has changed a lot in 10 years, as have all of the browsers. It still works for me in the 3 browsers I've just checked.
    Can you see the icon for attachments?
    Can you click on it?
    What happens when you do click on it?
    Do the other icons work?

> Can you see the icon for attachments?
    Yes

> Can you click on it?
    Yes

> What happens when you do click on it?
    Nothing

> Do the other icons work?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

It's definitely gmail's problem not of my browser.

It's working fine for me so it's not a Google problem. Have you got pop up blocker enabled or maybe it's a pc issue.
    Have you tried it on another computer?
    Have you rebooted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
    If it works in safe mode it's probably a plugin issue.

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I'm using Mozilla Firefox browser. Why should I try another browther if 10 years it was working without any problem? It's definitely gmail's problem not of my browser. Do you experience the same and how you resolve it?
    Yes of course popup blocker was always enabled. I set it off and on and now with a bit of wonder it is working. Probably a bug with inside a recent Firefox version.

So it's your browser then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

OP I suggest you take heed of the advice here and not second guess other posters suggestions or shoot them down immediately.

I'm not too sure how you're coming to conclusions like it's a bug in the recent FF version or that suddently google sucks because you're mildly inconvenienced (I find the drag and drop handy!).

Asking you to try another browser(s) (Chrome / Internet Explorer) rules out it being a Gmail-only issue. Any add ons that you have installed could be to blame too. Gmail isn't a 'program', it's a website. There's a lot of work going on in the background, so whereas the front end of Gmail might look the same there are still changes being made 'behind the scenes'.

I'd suggest what biko said and try safe mode.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Clear out the cache/cookies from Firefox and restart Firefox. I suspect that your browser may be remembering a setting and just needs to be refreshed.

+1 for trying another browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Yes of course popup blocker was always enabled. I set it off and on and now with a bit of wonder it is working. Probably a bug with inside a recent Firefox version.

So it's your browser. just allow pop ups on the Gmail page and you're sorted . Take the advice of posters here and a little bit of thanks helps also!

Advertisement