Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Credit Vetting Team

• 07-08-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Recently my father received a letter from Eircom about the e-fibre upgrade, we rang to arrange it and even fixed a date for installation, suddenly the girl on the other end asked me could she call me back there's a problem. She called back a few minutes later & informed me that my father wold have to send a letter to the Eircom Credit Vetting Team! (She gave me the address) I asked why and she said there's no problem with his bills , they are always paid on time, but she wouldn't elaborate more. Why does he have to send a letter to the Credit Vetting team? as anyone else had this same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarahdixon

I recieved a letter saying that I was eligable for an upgrade, I had loads of previous trouble with eircom and was reluctant to upgrade, however I did upgrade.  An engineer was due to call to my house today, I waited and waited and nobody called.  I rang their customer care and they so unhelpful, they couldnt contact the engineer etc.  I am so angry, my whole day was wasted!  If I was your dad I wouldnt upgrade, they are so unprofessional! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

flickarius wrote: »
    Recently my father received a letter from Eircom about the e-fibre upgrade, we rang to arrange it and even fixed a date for installation, suddenly the girl on the other end asked me could she call me back there's a problem. She called back a few minutes later & informed me that my father wold have to send a letter to the Eircom Credit Vetting Team! (She gave me the address) I asked why and she said there's no problem with his bills , they are always paid on time, but she wouldn't elaborate more. Why does he have to send a letter to the Credit Vetting team? as anyone else had this same problem?
    Hi flicarius,
    I am afraid that we would not have access to this information, but PM me your details and I can pass this on to credit vetting. It does seem odd given that all bills are paid on time. 
    Tony

sarahdixon wrote: »
    I recieved a letter saying that I was eligable for an upgrade, I had loads of previous trouble with eircom and was reluctant to upgrade, however I did upgrade.  An engineer was due to call to my house today, I waited and waited and nobody called.  I rang their customer care and they so unhelpful, they couldnt contact the engineer etc.  I am so angry, my whole day was wasted!  If I was your dad I wouldnt upgrade, they are so unprofessional! 
    Hi Sarah,
    I am sorry to hear this and apologies your day was wasted. If you wish I can chase this for you also. Just PM me with your landline no, or order no, or full postal address and I will have this investigated.
    Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Thanks Tony, PM sent

Thanks Tony, PM sent
    I have your PM now flickarius and will look investigate this morning.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Thanks Tony, PM sent
    I have your PM now flickarius and will look investigate this morning.
    Tony
    Thanks very much Tony. I appreciate your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi flickarius

Just looking into this. I will look into this for you. Can you send me a PM with the exact bundle that was sought- eg did it include evision or emobile etc. Can you also send in the PM to me the Order reference if your Father has one and your address.

thanks
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi flickarius

Just looking into this. I will look into this for you. Can you send me a PM with the exact bundle that was sought- eg did it include evision or emobile etc. Can you also send in the PM to me the Order reference if your Father has one and your address.

thanks
    Colm
    Hi flickarius

I do apologise, I sent this without realising you already received a reply. But please send me the details I have requested and I can look after this for you if it has not been dealt with yet.

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 patsymc14

Yes I actually had the exact same road block with word for word account only I was given no reason from eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

patsymc14 wrote: »
    Yes I actually had the exact same road block with word for word account only I was given no reason from eircom.
    Hi patsymc14

If you would like to PM me your eircom account details and a contact number for you I will be happy o look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ilona36

hi, 3 weeks ago I moved out from one house to another. I rang eircom to change the address. They arranged technician to come in connect land line and efibre - which I had on previous address. The guy came in , organize everything and said - please only ring to eircom and they will activate the fibre.
    So I did. In the beginning they couldn't find my account, after hour on phone finally they set up my account. I requested efibre - already twice - first time they didn't order, second time they told me I have to send letter to Cork because my account is terminate - I don't know a reason. On previous account I had set up direct debit and not even once I was late with payment. Please can somebody help me with? I need broadband for work and collage. Kind Regards Ilona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Ilona36 wrote: »
    hi, 3 weeks ago I moved out from one house to another. I rang eircom to change the address. They arranged technician to come in connect land line and efibre - which I had on previous address. The guy came in , organize everything and said - please only ring to eircom and they will activate the fibre.
    So I did. In the beginning they couldn't find my account, after hour on phone finally they set up my account. I requested efibre - already twice - first time they didn't order, second time they told me I have to send letter to Cork because my account is terminate - I don't know a reason. On previous account I had set up direct debit and not even once I was late with payment. Please can somebody help me with? I need broadband for work and collage. Kind Regards Ilona
    Hi Ilona
    can you PM me with any details around this case? Order number, postal address, current or new landline and we will have a look for you.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ilona36

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Ilona36 wrote: »
    Hi Ilona
    can you PM me with any details around this case? Order number, postal address, current or new landline and we will have a look for you.
    Thanks
    Tony
    hi Tony

Advertisement