Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's best deal at the moment

Options
  • 07-08-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Have been on SIM only 30 day deal with O2 for €20 although using more than the 150 minutes so monthly bill closer to €25. Looking for new smart phone, nothing too fancy as only tend to use phone for calling and texting.
    Can you advise best deals out there for around 300 minutes call and texts as well as reasonable phone thrown in if part of monthly plan. Any advise most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What kind of phone are you looking for?

Would you consider buying one on payg or sim free and use payg from then on?

Something likes tescos €15 topup will give you 10,000 minutes to any network, and you can use the €15 credit to buy addon's for data or sms

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Young Pretender

Davy phone wise it's not a big deal as I don't use data services that much as I have full access to web devices at home or at work. Key thing is a phone for calls and texts. The tesco deal does look good so will take a closer look at it. thnks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Young Pretender

Davy having looked at the Tesco offer it looks very good indeed.

I could go for one of the payg phones for under €100 and then go for the €15 top up. I'm a little confused how this top up works. Do you have to agree to top up of €15 or more monthly and they'll give you the phone calls etc and allow you to use €15 in additional credit for addons?

Question that's not clear from the site is the regularly around the top up of €15 or more. I take it you have to agree to top up by €15 oe more monthly in order to avail of the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Davy having looked at the Tesco offer it looks very good indeed.

I could go for one of the payg phones for under €100 and then go for the €15 top up. I'm a little confused how this top up works. Do you have to agree to top up of €15 or more monthly and they'll give you the phone calls etc and allow you to use €15 in additional credit for addons?

Question that's not clear from the site is the regularly around the top up of €15 or more. I take it you have to agree to top up by €15 oe more monthly in order to avail of the deal?

You top up €15 at anytime, then you get a month of calls from that date.

The €15 is still part of your balance so you can use it for data, sms etc, or use €X to purchase an addon for sms or data. The €15 doesn't expire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Meteor now have unlimited pre pay top up deals i think very good top up 20 euro and they take it all but give u unlimited calls and texts every network or u can chose their other offers. I have the 30 euro pre pay one takes my 30 euro but get unlimited calls, texts any network and internet i love it .

Here link to page of their offers

http://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/simply-unlimited/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

All the providers seem to have offers around the €30 mark - as well as the previous posts vodafone have unlimited calls and texts and 1gb data on the 30day plan for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I'm using emobile for the last two years. Very happy in the 20euro deal. .

20e gives you 30days with

Unlimited landline calls/emobile/meteor calls
    250 mins other mobile networks
    250 texts
    250 mb data

I find it hard to use it all !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I'm checking around to see what kind of deal would suit me best as my contract with O2 is up next month.

I'm currently paying €60 for unlimited calls, texts and data but according to the rep who phoned me earlier, they no longer provide unlimited data so he was pushing a €55 plan on me that included 4GB of data. (my average usage is apparently ~2GB and my max over the last two years was 2.9GB)

Just looking at the Tesco plans and I see a €25 pay monthly tariff that has 10,000 any network minutes, 10,000 any network texts and 15GB of data (http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-monthly-plans.aspx)

Considering I've been with O2 since my very first phone and I've never really shopped around, the above Tesco plan seems very good considering what I'm already paying but the difference between the €20 plan and the €25 plan seem to be so great as to convince me that I'm missing something very obvious with the €25 plan??

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

www.48months.ie

10 euro a month = 300minutes talk / unlimited texts / 1 gb of data

Advertisement