Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Comments

Invincible wrote: »
    Going on past seasons Oscar is a player that's not a fantasy selection, be prepared for dissapointment!

He is my draft team, not my fantasy pl team. Fab, hazard, and essentially everyone else worth taking was already gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    Augero not starting tonight anyway

There would be something badly wrong if he did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cameron starts again in a midfield position .......very interesting but don't know if it will benefit me as I'd have to waste a transfer downgrading Wilson for him
    Ryan Taylor back for Newcastle too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thats a strong City lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Strong Southampton lineout..are stoke trying out a 4-2-4 formation? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Cameron starts again in a midfield position .......very interesting but don't know if it will benefit me as I'd have to waste a transfer downgrading Wilson for him
    Ryan Taylor back for Newcastle too

Yeah I'm very tempted to go for him for Hutton too. I fancy him to get the odd goal from there. Their fixtures are pretty woeful is the only problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

tadic, pelle, fonte, all playing

Who's this Bojan lad

Sounds like an Eastern European magician

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Matt Targett getting a start tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Matt Targett getting a start tonight :)

So Berty can save his shooting boots for Saturday ;)

Silva off - looks to have hurt his knee, nasri on

silva gone of injured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Silva off injured after just 8 mins. Aaron scored for newcaste already.

Pelle goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

That was of them for Silva, could be anything, nothing, or 3 months out. There was no 'trauma' in terms of a tackle that i saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Aarons goal for Newcastle, assisted by former FPL legend Ryan Taylor, great to see him back after being injured for so long.

Long for S'hampton. Davis assist i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Toure ya big pussy. Give over.

manual_man wrote: »

Looks like Mane is injured tonight, not even in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »

Is that his first goal? Has looked a 12 mil misfit so far.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is that his first goal? Has looked a 12 mil misfit so far.

Yea first goal, to be fair to him he's been playing on the wing and mainly from the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bad move by city playing silva him and Aguero are their main men. Will more than likely miss the Derby now which is a slight negative for agueros points potential. Will be doing silva to hazard later which was always the plan.

Bad move by city playing silva him and Aguero are their main men. Will more than likely miss the Derby now which is a slight negative for agueros points potential. Will be doing silva to hazard later which was always the plan.

I have to say I dislike Pellegrini more with each week. There was no need to play Silva tonight.

The more I have looked at Aguero's previous fitness too, the more I think last season's problems were due to poor management decisions rushing him back.

Gardos just nutted Diouf! from the side so he got away with it. but it looked dodge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have to say I dislike Pellegrini more with each week. There was no need to play Silva tonight.

The more I have looked at Aguero's previous fitness too, the more I think last season's problems were due to poor management decisions rushing him back.

Silva was a victim of Nasri injury last few weeks,he had no choice but to play him week in week out till now. If Nasri had minutes he would have started tonight IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Aguero coming on. Ruh roh.....

Bardsley picks up his 5th yellow. Suspended for the weekend, I believe

aguero yellow of he gets a second yellow or gets injured im NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER EVER buying him again
    2 nil

Bardsley picks up his 5th yellow. Suspended for the weekend, I believe

Le sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stoke level

Diouf

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    aguero yellow of he gets a second yellow or gets injured im NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER EVER buying him again
    2 nil

The km79 doth protests to much methinks :)

Lamela has put Spurs infront. I have him in my UFPL team and he has scored 0 league goals and around 29 cup goals :mad:

Ugh, don't need extra time for my Southampton boys

Impressive Newcastle performance so far, look solid at the back

The km79 doth protests to much methinks :)

I resisted last year finally gave in twice. injured almost straight away.resisted this year until falcaos was "rested" so brought aguero in Friday night.....

3-2 Southampton Pelle. Crouch sent off. Pelle 4th yellow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

If Harry Kane was a certain starter I'd have him in a heart beat

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

...Just as long as he's not starting in goals

• Advertisement

pelle to get his nxt yellow just before league cup quarters . that be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

3-2 Southampton Pelle. Crouch sent off. Pelle 4th yellow :mad:

where do you see the 4th yellow ? I clicked on the fantasy page and he's only had 1 on there

Or are there more in cup games that it doesnt show ?

great to see Ryan Taylor back after so long out. sweet left peg on him. if he's a starter and Newcastle continue this form... £4.4M

Rikand wrote: »
    where do you see the 4th yellow ? I clicked on the fantasy page and he's only had 1 on there

One in the league and now one in every round of the League Cup :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rikand wrote: »

The fecker has played 3 League Cup games this season and has picked up yellows in each one of them!

City out of the League Cup, struggling badly in the CL and six points behind Chelsea in the League.

The pressure has to be ramping up on Pellegrini.

• Advertisement

City out of the League Cup, struggling badly in the CL and six points behind Chelsea in the League.

The pressure has to be ramping up on Pellegrini.

from a fantasy point of view
    less games !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I was planning on keeping pelle for two or three more games and then moving him on. If he gets suspended for leicester at home next week ill be really annoyed. Id have shipped him out already this week if it wasnt for that fixture

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MR NINE wrote: »
    I was planning on keeping pelle for two or three more games and then moving him on. If he gets suspended for leicester at home next week ill be really annoyed. Id have shipped him out already this week if it wasnt for that fixture

Pelle is a season keeper for me. If he gets a ban, so be it. He's keeping Costa out of my team on merit. He is more explosive than Costa, is a better captain choice and plays for a team that won't stop scoring just because they are winning by a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Pelle is a season keeper for me. If he gets a ban, so be it. He's keeping Costa out of my team on merit. He is more explosive than Costa, is a better captain choice and plays for a team that won't stop scoring just because they are winning by a few goals.

When i first brought him in it was the intention of keeping him for a few weeks until this run started: city arsenal burnley manu everton palace chelsea arsenal manu

He has far surpassed my expectations so ill probably play it by ear, but i dont think he can maintain his current form throughout that run of fixtures. As soon as the city game comes around ill be assessing my options. I was considering ditching him for aguero for this weekend but that leicester fixture i mentioned earlier convinced me to hold off for at least a week or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

MR NINE wrote: »
    When i first brought him in it was the intention of keeping him for a few weeks until this run started: city arsenal burnley manu everton palace chelsea arsenal manu

He has far surpassed my expectations so ill probably play it by ear, but i dont think he can maintain his current form throughout that run of fixtures. As soon as the city game comes around ill be assessing my options. I was considering ditching him for aguero for this weekend but that leicester fixture i mentioned earlier convinced me to hold off for at least a week or two

But there's hardly any teams including the top teams that look like keeping clean sheets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement