Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

United XI vs Cambridge: De Gea, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria, Wilson, Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    United XI vs Cambridge: De Gea, Jones, Rojo, Blind, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj, Di Maria, Wilson, Falcao

Adm back in midfield.

Mata not in squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    Looking suspiciously like 442! Adm back in midfield.

Mata not in squad.

Rooney not in the squad either.

Thought I was wrong but it is 442. Blind LB. ADM central so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If it looks like staying as a back 4 going forward I'll have to ditch De Gea.

Van Gaal wouldn't be the only one with a twitch in his ass watching the games :pac:

• Advertisement

Phil Jones is still on corners too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Phil Jones is still on corners too....

so bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The way United are playing at the moment, I don't think I want any of their players for the foreseeable future, good fixtures or not.

Don't think Cambridge will be able to keep up this intensity. I'd say there's a serious bonus on the draw though.....

Why Cambridge want replay: MUFC have avg match income of £3.86m. Cambridge would get 45% (£1.7m). From ONE game. Their annual income: £1.6m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The way United are playing at the moment, I don't think I want any of their players for the foreseeable future, good fixtures or not.

I agree and I'm a Utd fan! Still have ADM though but will last two games Max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Don't think Cambridge will be able to keep up this intensity. I'd say there's a serious bonus on the draw though.....

Why Cambridge want replay: MUFC have avg match income of £3.86m. Cambridge would get 45% (£1.7m). From ONE game. Their annual income: £1.6m.

United may not be so charitable, I recall they once gave Cambridge an awful lot of money for Dion Dublin when they lost out on Alan Shearer:p

Not watching, what's the story with Jones on corners, could be worth a few assists. DiMaria was whipping in outrageous corners earlier on in the year and Rooney had done the same last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lacking in Herrera. A great passer of the ball and superb with link-up play. Don't know if he's had a falling out with lvg, but he's not seeing as much game time and United look less threatening without him.

United may not be so charitable, I recall they once gave Cambridge an awful lot of money for Dion Dublin when they lost out on Alan Shearer:p

Not watching, what's the story with Jones on corners, could be worth a few assists. DiMaria was whipping in outrageous corners earlier on in the year and Rooney had done the same last year.

Watched most of it and the only corner I saw di maria took it, slipped on his arse in the process.

Watched most of it and the only corner I saw di maria took it, slipped on his arse in the process.

Jones took one on the left, ADM seems to be taking the right. Presumably for in swingers on both sides

Jones took one on the left, ADM seems to be taking the right. Presumably for in swingers on both sides

There he goes again!

There he goes again!

And free kicks....

dahat wrote: »
    And free kicks....

And he's crap at it.

And he's crap at it.

Agreed.

Rvp and Hererra on.

Wilson and Fellaini off.

Shaw on.

Blind off.

• Advertisement

0-0 ft.

seriously contemplating a -4 after that to get sanchez in for di maria !
    only problem is I have Walcott :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

0-0 ft.

Great for Cambridge!

Not so great for man united player owners

dahat wrote: »
    I agree and I'm a Utd fan! Still have ADM though but will last two games Max.

I have him too but he seems totally off his game at the moment and I don't fancy sitting through a few more 2/3 pointers until/if he finds some form again.

I'm still irresistibly drawn to get him in. He was back playing centrally getting on the ball a lot when they upped the pressure. Created some chances, was not as bad as most of his teammates.

I'm still irresistibly drawn to get him in. He was back playing centrally getting on the ball a lot when they upped the pressure. Created some chances, was not as bad as most of his teammates.

you are a united fan aren't you ? as am I........he was POISON tonight
    pulled out of at least 2 tackles. I am seriously seriously contemplating a -4 to switch him for Sanchez. if I did not have Walcott I'd have it ready to pull the trigger........that and the fact I'm going to OT for the game next sat !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I got him in on wildcard 2 weeks ago. I'm keeping for next week and then I think i'll sell. He has never been a regular goalscorer throughout his career . He isn't a 200 pt midfielder which he needs to be at his 9.5 price.

km79 wrote: »
    you are a united fan aren't you ? as am I........he was POISON tonight
    pulled out of at least 2 tackles. I am seriously seriously contemplating a -4 to switch him for Sanchez. if I did not have Walcott I'd have it ready to pull the trigger........that and the fact I'm going to OT for the game next sat !

Not a United fan. So I watched the match with no emotion, just from FPL point of view. It was a terrible performance from United, moved the ball so slowly and casually that Cambridge soaked up everything by being organised and working their bollocks off. The replay is a serious prize for them. Blind and Valencia and Fellaini were woeful. Januzaj mostly poor. I'll sum it up like this. Adm was Uniteds best attacking threat, shading it over Phil Jones! :)

I don't give a crap how many tackles di maria pulls out of, just how involved he is attacking wise, and he created Uniteds best chance amd positionally played exactly where I'd want him to fpl wise.

My plan has been to get him on the wc for Leicester and if no improvement probably swap out for Silva for City home to Hull.

Not a United fan. So I watched the match with no emotion, just from FPL point of view. It was a terrible performance from United, moved the ball so slowly and casually that Cambridge soaked up everything by being organised and working their bollocks off. The replay is a serious prize for them. Blind and Valencia and Fellaini were woeful. Januzaj mostly poor. I'll sum it up like this. Adm was Uniteds best attacking threat, shading it over Phil Jones! :)

I don't give a crap how many tackles di maria pulls out of, just how involved he is attacking wise, and he created Uniteds best chance amd positionally played exactly where I'd want him to fpl wise.

My plan has been to get him on the wc for Leicester and if no improvement probably swap out for Silva for City home to Hull.

he is getting next week for me too realistically and then I'll see......as you said united are moving the ball soooooo slowly
    falcao is making excellent runs but not being picked out
    maybe next week ADM will thread him a few through on the bigger pitch

• Advertisement

I'm a united fan and they were poison tonight and are poison in general. There is no way i would consider ADM for my wildcard until united stop playing this slow sideways and backwards passing buildup to nothing strategy they have. Cazorla is a far better option than ADM atm.

If you have him then it's a hold for the leicester game but after that he's not worth it.

zarquon wrote: »
    I'm a united fan and they were poison tonight and are poison in general. There is no way i would consider ADM for my wildcard until united stop playing this slow sideways and backwards passing buildup to nothing strategy they have. Cazorla is a far better option than ADM atm.

If you have him then it's a hold for the leicester game but after that he's not worth it.

Who would you pick out of any two mids after Hazard and Sanchez as a matter of interest?

Who would you pick out of any two mids after Hazard and Sanchez as a matter of interest?

Cazorla and Eriksen are on my WC watchlist. Jury is out on Eriksen but most likely i will either go for Cazorla in midfield or else Giroud as 3rd Striker. Currently have Silva but i feel his points will diminish now that he is no longer the false 9. Oscar is also a great option for those that have an extra chelsea space. I am sticking with Costa, Hazard and Terry though

Yaya will be another option when he returns from ACON.

#Swansstarting XI v @OneRovers: Fabianski, Rangel (C), Bartley, Amat, Tiendalli, Carroll, Shelvey, Dyer, Sigurdsson, Barrow, Gomis.

Blackburn v Swansea is live on bbc2 wales for those with Sky

Bartley sent off for swans

• Advertisement

Siggy (Dyer)

Lead only lasts a few mins as Blackburn equalise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Siggy scores. Blackburn equaliser

City: Schwarzer, Simpson, Morgan, Moore, De Laet, Drinkwater, King, Vardy, Kramaric, Schlupp, Ulloa

Caballero, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Boyata, Kolarov, Milner, Fernando, Navas, Silva, Jovetic, Aguero

Cech; Christensen, Zouma, Cahill, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Remy, Oscar, Salah; Drogba

• Advertisement

Forster; Clyne, Fonte, Gardos, Bertrand; Cork, S Davis; Tadic, W-Prowse, Elia; Pelle

Myhill, Wisdom, McAuley, Dawson, Lescott, Yacob, Gardner, Brunt, Sessegnon, Anichebe, Berahino.

Mannone, Jones, van Aanholt, O’Shea ©, Coates, Vergini, Bridcutt, Larsson, Rodwell, Fletcher, Defoe

Hennessey, Kelly, Delaney, Dann, Ward, Zaha, Ledley, McArthur, Campbell, Chamakh, Sanogo.

Vorm, Chiriches, Fazio, Kaboul (c), Rose; Capoue, Dembele; Townsend, Paulinho, Lamela; Soldado

Blackburn 2-1 up on swans

Siggy sent off..straight red!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

One match ban for Siggy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rovers 3-1 up as well.

Fabianski poor for the 3rd goal. Should have done better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nib wrote: »
    One match ban for Siggy. :rolleyes: