Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

octigen wrote: »
    Are u including relations who are not residing in ROI? From my take on the letter there is no need...

Yeah I included them. I could be wrong, but I think the wording of the letter is don't include relatives of your spouse/civil partner who are not residing in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Can't wait for Monday lads. Finishing up in work now and off to the pub for a few last drinks with the work crew. Good times have been had with these guys and many more to be had in the future with you all.
    Enjoy the weekend, see you all Monday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

10506979_10203339451870375_2772481304878809710_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Family members jumped at the chance of a tour. See you all down there Monday morning!

Just about finished packing, need to print off my CV and list of relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

BRB wrote: »
    Family members jumped at the chance of a tour. See you all down there Monday morning!

Just about finished packing, need to print off my CV and list of relatives.

Monday afternoon for some of us! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Monday afternoon for some of us! ;-)

Fair, my bad. See you all Monday* :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michaeld134

Also, did you hear about the applicants who got letters about 2 weeks after our results came out, basically saying: you didn't make the first 100, but you're invited to attend the induction week and should anyone not turn up or not be cut out for it, you MAY get their place.

Tough times, folks. Feeling very lucky and blessed to have made the first intake.

Yeah I was in that situation but thankfully I got a call on Wednesday afternoon that someone had deferred and that they were offering me the place. Panic on now to get everything organised. Worth it though!! See you Monday guys and gals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Yeah I was in that situation but thankfully I got a call on Wednesday afternoon that someone had deferred and that they were offering me the place. Panic on now to get everything organised. Worth it though!! See you Monday guys and gals :)

Happy days... Congrats! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

What is the BIC and IBAN on the bank details page? I have none of my bank details to hand and I couldn't even tell you my account number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

What is the BIC and IBAN on the bank details page? I have none of my bank details to hand and I couldn't even tell you my account number!

BIC - Bank Identifier Code
    A BIC is the SWIFT Address assigned to a bank in order to send automated payments quickly and accurately to the banks concerned. It uniquely identifies the name and country, (and sometimes the branch) of the bank involved. BICs are often called SWIFT Codes and can be either 8 or 11 characters long.

IBAN - International Bank Account Number
    An IBAN is an international bank account identifier used to uniquely identify the account of a customer at a financial institution. This is the only permissible account identifier for SEPA payments. It is important to remember that IBAN is not a new account number but simply a new format for an existing account number which is recognised internationally.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Will these numbers appear on statements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Thanks. Will these numbers appear on statements?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

https://ipsosepaservice.sentenial.com/ipso/

Pop your sort code and account number into that and it will give you your BIC and IBAN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Seriously you need to get a better hold on your finances !

Twas Not wrote: »
    Seriously you need to get a better hold on your finances !

I don't have any finances to hold!!! Haha!

I opted for paperless banking years ago, so I don't receive postal statements and the like. Therefore I am not in regular contact with my account numbers etc. I have my bank card which I use for all my needs - withdrawing money, printing balances etc. The card has had its day though, the lettering and numbering on the card have faded. I will pop into my branch and get it sorted in the morning (if it is open).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

If you have online banking you can get your BIC and IBAN numbers from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wazzio182

anyone know what dress code is for next week, i'm guessing its casual enough considering its just an induction week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Wazzio182 wrote: »
    anyone know what dress code is for next week, i'm guessing its casual enough considering its just an induction week?

Arriving down will be wear what you want, when I went down I originally turned up in a track suit and changed once there into my suit for the rest if the day. You will be expected to change if you don't turn up in the suit.

Every day after that you will be in your suit and tie at all times for the rest of your days down there! Until you get given the uniform that is.

Edit, all times unless your doing your p.e stuff and 9-5 only. Once the day is done you can wear what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dongaz

Wazzio182 wrote: »

I'd say it will be suits and whenever your doing an activity itl be tracksuits. They like uniformity in the college

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

I'll be arriving in a suit, as said above, they like uniformity and it could be a few hours before we are assigned our own rooms to change.

• Advertisement

Im arriving in my Speedos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I'll be arriving in a suit, as said above, they like uniformity and it could be a few hours before we are assigned our own rooms to change.

The way it was, and I can't imagine any different on arrival your brought straight to your room to drop off your bags! Aswel as that you should be shown around for a bit and told where the induction meeting will be.

Do you get a key for your room? I recall someone saying when they stayed down for physical that you couldnt lock your room after you left it. I dont fancy leaving a laptop and other valuables in the room if I can't lock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

i cant imagine how excited you all must be feeling.. in jus 48 hours youll all be starting your training for what i presume is your dream job!... im excited for you guys and girls!... hopefully ill be in your position when band 2 is called up but for now im starting my third year in college. Remember to be nice to people, theres nothing nicer then a good decent garda that you can have a laugh with when ya meet them.... people will remember you

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Have people been putting their partners family details like cousins etc?? I had them in my BR form but this only asks for specifically spouse or civil partner and not co-habitating or anything else. Anyone in same position have any ideas?

Have people been putting their partners family details like cousins etc?? I had them in my BR form but this only asks for specifically spouse or civil partner and not co-habitating or anything else. Anyone in same position have any ideas?

Not sure about co-habiting as there is no mention of it, but if in doubt maybe you should include as much as possible. I am married, so I will be including a list of my wife's and my relations in the Republic of Ireland. This time it has nothing to do with vetting so relations outside Ireland are not required. The letter states members in the Republic of Ireland as they are trying to establish where your relatives live so they can try to station you elsewhere. There is no point giving relatives in Scotland, France or Belfast as you won't be stationed there!

Good luck and enjoy your last night or two before Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Not sure about co-habiting as there is no mention of it, but if in doubt maybe you should include as much as possible. I am married, so I will be including a list of my wife's and my relations in the Republic of Ireland. This time it has nothing to do with vetting so relations outside Ireland are not required. The letter states members in the Republic of Ireland as they are trying to establish where your relatives live so they can try to station you elsewhere. There is no point giving relatives in Scotland, France or Belfast as you won't be stationed there!

Good luck and enjoy your last night or two before Monday!

Cheers ya im trying to compile the last little bit of it on top of all the other small things. Enjoy them you too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭JoannieG

Do you get a key for your room? I recall someone saying when they stayed down for physical that you couldnt lock your room after you left it. I dont fancy leaving a laptop and other valuables in the room if I can't lock it.

If you can't leave your room unlocked in the Garda College what hope is there for the security of the country!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Are you for real ? You are going to cop school and you're worried about robbers??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Dress smart as opposed to formal or too casual. You can't go wrong with a good pair of shoes with slacks/chinos and a decent shirt.

Having said that, uniformity will be out the window. On the first day you'll have people wearing everything ranging from jeans to a three-piece suit. The play-it-safe people will be in suits.

Enjoy!

Advertisement