Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Dress smart as opposed to formal or too casual. You can't go wrong with a good pair of shoes with slacks/chinos and a decent shirt.

Having said that, uniformity will be out the window. On the first day you'll have people wearing everything ranging from jeans to a three-piece suit. The play-it-safe people will be in suits.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Twas Not wrote: »
    Are you for real ? You are going to cop school and you're worried about robbers??!

Maybe he's not actually worried about his colleagues, but rather unsavoury types who might burglarise the accommodation (although that'd be a pretty ballsy for any would-be burglar :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Do you get a key for your room? I recall someone saying when they stayed down for physical that you couldnt lock your room after you left it. I dont fancy leaving a laptop and other valuables in the room if I can't lock it.

Yep, you can get a key for a €5 deposit. You're dead right to be concerned about locking your door. There have been plenty of guards convicted of theft over the years so just because you're in the Garda college doesn't mean you should be less security conscious.

Also, if you don't lock your door someone will go in and steal your mattress for the 'craic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

Good luck to all starting tomorrow ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

Bloodwing wrote: »

Also, if you don't lock your door someone will go in and steal your mattress for the 'craic'.

.........again.................. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Do you get a key for your room? I recall someone saying when they stayed down for physical that you couldnt lock your room after you left it. I dont fancy leaving a laptop and other valuables in the room if I can't lock it.

Keys are not automatically provided. You pay a deposit for the key and get it back when you leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Im very much looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow !!

Epic journey ahead of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm not on much for the next 24hrs so I'll say it now. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the mods when I say congrats to you all for making it this far. Good luck tomorrow on the first day of what I hope is a very long, fulfilling career :)

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lukie92

did people put in their aunts and uncles in law as part if their list of relations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    i'm not on much for the next 24hrsso I'll say it now. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the mods when I say congrats to you all for making it this far. Good luck tomorrow on the first day of what I hope is a very long, fulfilling career :)

-KERSPLAT!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoHUv9muDU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Best of luck to you all tomorrow.
    Well deserved, each and everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Ahhhhh..... FINALLY!

I can't wait to see you all tomorrow. Hopefully more of you will join us down there soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

lukie92 wrote: »
    did people put in their aunts and uncles in law as part if their list of relations?

If you mean you spouse's / partner's uncles and aunts then yes.
    If you mean the spouses partners of your uncles and aunts then no.

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow. Even though I won't be in until the next class, I'm exited to see stuff moving along finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

It's like Christmas Eve....but with the added stress of packing! See ye all tomorrow!! :-)

teaisgreat wrote: »
    It's like Christmas Eve....but with the added stress of packing! See ye all tomorrow!! :-)

It is. It's been such a stressful weekend for me because I was working right up until the end of the week, so had to do a heap of things. Still have some packing to do in the morning. Not gonna get much sleep tonight seeing as we have to be there for 11 :( (I know we don't have to be there until 2 technically, but I don't want to miss the meet and greet )

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

So. Much. Stuff. :-/
    I really hope that they have the side gate, beside the golf club car park, open!

Safe trip, everyone! :-)

(Can't believe the day is finally here!!!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Rothmans wrote: »
    It is. It's been such a stressful weekend for me because I was working right up until the end of the week, so had to do a heap of things. Still have some packing to do in the morning. Not gonna get much sleep tonight seeing as we have to be there for 11 :( (I know we don't have to be there until 2 technically, but I don't want to miss the meet and greet )

Weekend was manic for me aswell. My NCT is at 9.30 and all. Closest appointment I could get when I applied in June and it ends up being the morning before I go to Templemore. :rolleyes:

No rest for the wicked. See you all later.

So are folks wearing suits down, or going smart-casual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

See you all at 11. I will be the lad in a suit with a big silly smile as I still can't believe that this day has arrived. 👮

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Rothmans wrote: »
    So are folks wearing suits down, or going smart-casual?

I'm going smart, I have my suits with me and if needs be I'll change into one but at the moment I'll stick with this.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm dressing business sty-lee so a suit, shirt and tie for those keeping tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Best of luck to you all. Cant imagine how you feel. Only for my vetting not being back I'd be with ye today. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Best of lick today! Let us know how ye get on if u can 😄

And for does of us starting today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Best of luck to all starting today, proud moment for you all!

Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Let the senior man/junior man games begin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I hear this year that the stations will definitely be out by the end of week 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Don't be stirring **** now lads

Advertisement