Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

I'd nearly shave my head to a 1 or a 2 but i havent the most aesthetic looking head!! Ha

Same as myself! A four is just safe for me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭misshopeful1

Wahoo! This new thread is much less stressful ;-) Just a quick question... I didn't get a reply to my confirmation email. Did you?! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Wahoo! This new thread is much less stressful ;-) Just a quick question... I didn't get a reply to my confirmation email. Did you?! Thanks.

Didn't get one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

I didn't get one either. I think I will phone on Monday just to be safe. When I was doing the PCT I had sent an email requesting overnight accommodation. I got no reply and when I turned up the night before PCT they said my name wasnt on the list. They argued I never sent the email even though it was in my sentbox. They refused to let me stay and I had to get BandB nearby. That happened to quite a few people so better to be safe than sorry

I didn't get my information pack in the post today. Anyone else not get theirs? Does it mention anything specifically about what we have to wear?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Upthedubs2014

I am furious to say the least that I didnt get called up. Why call us up the other week at short notice if we werent gona be selected?

I am gona miss all the fun and games at the college. I heard that a lot of the female trainees would sneek into the male living quarters and that there was a lot of sex going on down there. Well i wont be part of it this time!

I personally doubt that this will happen much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Serious shopping list....... wonder what the cost will be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

WilcoOut wrote: »

Surely that can be claimed back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Twas Not wrote: »
    Surely that can be claimed back?

Afraid not. It all comes out of your own pocket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

I am furious to say the least that I didnt get called up. Why call us up the other week at short notice if we werent gona be selected?

I am gona miss all the fun and games at the college. I heard that a lot of the female trainees would sneek into the male living quarters and that there was a lot of sex going on down there. Well i wont be part of it this time!

I personally doubt that this will happen much.

You will be there shortly.
    You'll be part of a different group, thats all. Down in tipp in the spring and summer :) not the cold and wet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Afraid not. It all comes out of your own pocket!!

What do you need to get?

I didn't receive my pack today. What was on the shopping list if you don't mind telling me?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Twas Not wrote: »
    What do you need to get?

Maybe someone with the new list can tell you. Off the top of my head I remember getting.

College tracksuit, college shorts, college t-shirts.
    Karate suit.
    Parade shoes.
    Speedos!!
    Swimming cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

I didn't receive my pack today. What was on the shopping list if you don't mind telling me?

Thanks

I dont have it in front of me but theres a decent amount of PT gear to be bought from the college shop

It also says you must have a laptop/tablet. Pricey

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Ignore my last post. I refreshed page and it reposted my messsage again. I am not being persistent haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 patrick 1932

hi guys hope you enjoy the night life down there ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 patrick 1932

hi lads enjoy the the night life down there ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

hi guys hope you enjoy the night life down there ha

Thanks Patrick, hope you enjoy living in that cave of yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

Does anyone understand the pension stuff? Is it 40 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Hey folks. My information pack was sent to my home address, and I won't be getting back for another two weeks. Is there anything relating to the pack that needs doing immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭wideasagate

Rothmans wrote: »
    Hey folks. My information pack was sent to my home address, and I won't be getting back for another two weeks. Is there anything relating to the pack that needs doing immediately?

The pack has a lot about the pension, a list of what to buy down there, track suit, t-shirts, swimsuit, judo suit, has no costs but I'd say €300-400! bring office type clothes and whatever you want yourself. It has a form for back details to bring down the first day, a questions and answers thing and a personalised copy of the email invite. Nothing to worry about immediately apart from having a few suits and plain shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Just home from a few after work pints and my info pack is here. Happy days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

You can pick up Judo Suits on amazon for around €25/30. Had a look through last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Just heard on today fm there that they are thinking about reversing pay cuts for teachers and gards next year, can see the rent allowance coming back just in time for ye!

thekopend wrote: »
    Just heard on today fm there that they are thinking about reversing pay cuts for teachers and gards next year, can see the rent allowance coming back just in time for ye!

Just heard the same on Sunshine radio myself. They also said that gardaí, teachers and nurses won't see any changes for at least a year. Here are some links:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/public-sector-staff-in-line-for-reversal-of-pay-and-pension-cuts-30494594.html

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/government-to-discuss-reversing-public-sector-pay-cuts-638670.html

EDIT: The bitterness and ignorance in the comments below both articles is unreal. God forbid they do a bit of research on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

With regards to filling in our bank details and such. What is Reg no.? I've gone completely blank.
    Would it be the account number?

So, anyone thinking what life down in the college will be like?

I know we get our own rooms, but don't really know anything beyond that. Anyone know anything more. Are there common areas? What are they like?

What is college life like down there after 5p.m. ? I hear there is a small cinema in Thurles which trainees used to frequent. I suppose having a car would be pretty vital so. That's one thing I'll have to add to the shopping list so :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Rothmans wrote: »
    So, anyone thinking what life down in the college will be like?

I know we get our own rooms, but don't really know anything beyond that. Anyone know anything more. Are there common areas? What are they like?

What is college life like down there after 5p.m. ? I hear there is a small cinema in Thurles which trainees used to frequent. I suppose having a car would be pretty vital so. That's one thing I'll have to add to the shopping list so :p

Yeah there's supposed to be a decent games room, big TV, pool tables etc.

Roscrea up the road has your Supermac's and McDonald's drive thru :)

Advertisement