Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

thekopend wrote: »
    Don't be stirring **** now lads

No stirring involved. Friend of mine is on the training staff, said the stations will be out early in order to allow people to adequately prepare accommodation in the cities. He reckons most will find themselves going to the Dmr north central and South Central with a small number going to outlying Dmr stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I'd say about 40 to dmr south central

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

On a lighter note... how was your first day lads and lasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057264162

Take it here, I should have done so earlier, my bad

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

Gerry G wrote: »
    Let the senior man/junior man games begin :)

Who exactly are the senior/junior men and women? I heard it mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Proves it there if you have no clue!

Lowest reg number in the class = senior man
    highest reg number in he class = junior man

and that will never change

Lowest reg number in the class = senior man
    highest reg number in he class = junior man

and that will never change

And what does being a junior or senior entail? What's the point of it like?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    And what does being a junior or senior entail? What's the point of it like?

Senior man in each class will be told to get details, phone numbers, next of kin contacts etc and any other jobs like that.. he can in turn delegate if he so chooses to anyone he wants in his class, he will be the point of contact for the class for the collee staff.

junior man will get a sh1te job like go collect books/leaflets/collect stuff in the office, all minor but sh1tty jobs.. nothing too serious.

Anything goes wrong in the class, senior man is held accountable for it. Crazy stuff but its the way the job is so if your down there and senior man, you knid of have to have the class on your side, and you have a bit more to do from day 1 than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Were there any reports on the RTE news or in any of the papers this week about the 100 or so new recruits starting in Templemore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

mickaleen wrote: »
    Were there any reports on the RTE news or in any of the papers this week about the 100 or so new recruits starting in Templemore?

Yeah, I seen a quick snippet on RTE in my mams house and think it was The Evening Herald I seen it in while there too

Ok thanks. I couldn't find anything. Had a look on RTE player also.

Nearly sure it was the 1pm news on Monday as I was in my mams waiting to get my kids from school at 13:40, they showed just a picture of the main entrance to the college

Oh right thanks. Not really worth taking a look so. It was the 6 o clock and 9 o clock I was looking at.

No it was literally just a snippet, along the lines of

" the first of 100 new recruits are starting today in the Garda college, first group in 5 years"

That was pretty much it

I thought there would be a bit more then that to be honest. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

Surprised they didn't make a big deal out of it. Would have looked good for the government. Even though they delayed it for a few months

100 is nothing in comparison to the retirement number over the last 5 years and unless they keep the flow the 100 will be forgotten very quickly!! I would say that's why it didn't make much of the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

So any news from the college, people tend to abandon this once they start

They may have been asked not to post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Ah sure there is nothing wrong with a post to say what it's like it is a garda college but it's not like they are working in Area 51 , in the archived thread there was a few posts of what it was like but the training has changed now, just from reading it I see a lot of people foget about boards once there in, I'm sure there up the walls but if ye read this give us a breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

They may have been asked not to post?

Yea.. I'd go with that too.
    Out of all the guys that went on Monday that were regular posters...not 1 of them has posted since.

It's a black hole.... they are lost and gone. No contact since monday !

Only messing. I'd say what Kersplat said is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

and if they did post out of 100 people it'd be easy to find who went against the rules.. I'm sure they'll post in the few few weeks though.. It'll be interesting to hear their opinions on the course, college ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Maybe none of them brought laptops with them. I wonder what the policy on mobile phones is while you're there

Ah whatever about not using it during the day but after class in the evening you'd be allowed. As for laptops, it was in the list of things to bring so I doubt that's the reason

Ah whatever about not using it during the day but after class in the evening you'd be allowed. As for laptops, it was in the list of things to bring so I doubt that's the reason

No social media profiles are allowed, that would be one of the things reiterated during day 1 down there. Not boards, not twitter, not facebok, nothing, not even a bebo page lol!!

But after a while some litharoidi will be grown and they will come back to tell you how they are getting on ;)

No social media profiles are allowed, that would be one of the things reiterated during day 1 down there. Not boards, not twitter, not facebok, nothing, not even a bebo page lol!!

But after a while some litharoidi will be grown and they will come back to tell you how they are getting on ;)

That's what I thought, cheers

Hang on, ive a few Garda friends and they all have facebook and twitter pages and a couple of them even have Garda as their job on them.

billie1b wrote: »
    Hang on, ive a few Garda friends and they all have facebook and twitter pages and a couple of them even have Garda as their job on them.

Same but I'd imagine it's different when they're training. They may not know what they're allowed or not allowed to say

• Advertisement

Same but I'd imagine it's different when they're training. They may not know what they're allowed or not allowed to say

ya have to be wary, but even now its obvious there are hundreds with facebook and twitter pages and boards accounts too.

it'll be the weekend i'd imagine by the time they get back online.. At that it'll mainly be the ones without families commenting i'd imagine as the rest will be playing happy family for the 2 days!! :D

Advertisement