Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Its nice to see 3 kilkenny men/women have made it

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

Noone has dropped out. One person deferred at the end of the first week which meant 1 out of the 5 'spare' people brought down for induction got his place. If anyone else drops out in the beginning of the training there are another 4 people who attended the induction week waiting to step into their place, so no places will be going to waste! These rumours of 3 dropping out are BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Noone has dropped out. One person deferred at the end of the first week which meant 1 out of the 5 'spare' people brought down for induction got his place. If anyone else drops out in the beginning of the training there are another 4 people who attended the induction week waiting to step into their place, so no places will be going to waste! These rumours of 3 dropping out are BS.
    Ah yes young Noone was never going to make it anyway, too many rules for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

5 from my own county in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

teaisgreat wrote: »

One broke his leg and was meant to start last week. Now he is pissed of hearing that they may not take on anymore than the current 100.

Of those 100 you might only get 85-90 who will actually make in through to final Attestation after those who will resign/dropout, be dismissed/kicked out, pick up a serious injury and who fail their exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    One broke his leg and was meant to start last week. Now he is pissed of hearing that they may not take on anymore than the current 100.

Of those 100 you might only get 85-90 who will actually make in through to final Attestation after those who will resign/dropout, be dismissed/kicked out, pick up a serious injury and who fail their exams.

I'll bet my house, car and everything I own that there will be a new batch in the next 6 months or so

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'll bet my house, car and everything I own that there will be a new batch in the next 6 months or so

Throw in the wife you got a deal

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Hopefully.

Frances Fitzgerald in front of a live media presence above in the college said that Government were not committed to taking on anymore than this batch of 100 (and as she said it, everybody's even the Chief's, were rolling their eyes as she dropped that bombshell).

Oh sure, for ahead of the 2016 General Election I bet they will make a promise of recruiting a futher 1,000-2,000!? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Hopefully.

Frances Fitzgerald in front of a live media presence above in the college said that Government were not committed to taking on anymore than this batch of 100 (and as she said it, everybody's even the Chief's, were rolling their eyes as she dropped that bombshell).

Oh sure, for ahead of the 2016 General Election I bet they will make a promise of recruiting a futher 1,000-2,000!? :rolleyes:

Actually she mentioned the government will announce further batches at the end of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Hopefully.

I think you may perhaps be mistaken. There is an actual press release on the dept. justice website regarding this. It's worth the look for anyone interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

As a matter of interest, what do the reg numbers of the current phase start with? Have they just continued the sequence from the last phase with 35***?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Taken from the Minister's mouth itself:

"You are the first new recruits to be recruited by An Garda Síochána in recent times. You won't be the last. It is my intention that there will be seamless ongoing recruitment as we have committed, and I will be making further announcements before the end of the year,"

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR14000241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what do the reg numbers of the current phase start with? Have they just continued the sequence from the last phase with 35***?

I'm sure they have to otherwise it'd be all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

The cost to train a Trainee Garda

9200 euros seems a very low figure for training .Can this figure be correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

tg123 wrote: »

Have you not seen "Savage Eye"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

tg123 wrote: »

Chances are they'll try and make it cheaper :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kahmen

hay i was wodirng is tar any of youes done at temple mor dislexsic if so can you pless pm me on this and in form me how you fell is the best way to get radey for the apptatude tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

D Trent wrote: »

No, he is happy with the 100 trainee Gardaí, he said 'they are to be applauded', he's not happy that its only 100, he wants more

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    No, he is happy with the 100 trainee Gardaí, he said 'they are to be applauded', he's not happy that its only 100, he wants more

So four have left. Complaints over pay and conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

4 recruits have left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Already?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

The 100 of us are still here. People are just trying to start rumours.

MOD

Anymore shìt stirring and you won't last long around here

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Also it's wonderful down here!! :D

Blaireness wrote: »
    Also it's wonderful down here!! :D

Good to hear, hope everything is going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

If you are allowed to/dont mind, would anyone who is down there give us an idea of what it's like? Daily structure/classes/workload/fitness regime/food etc? Would be much appreciated :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

20times wrote: »
    If you are allowed to/dont mind, would anyone who is down there give us an idea of what it's like? Daily structure/classes/workload/fitness regime/food etc? Would be much appreciated :-)
    Yeah I was going to ask the same.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement