Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭higglepiggle

Anyone buy a judo suit yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stephengriffin

Not yet.. finding it hard :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

I got one from a friend of mine, going to try it on this evening and see what the story is with it. Hopefully it will fit ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ohthenuggles

I got mine in Gleesons sports Upper William street limerick last Wednesday, cost €35 :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

They are available in the college shop. Don't panic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Yeah ordered one on amazon, good reviews 48 including delivery and you just select your height for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

How much are they in the college shop? Still haven't sorted anything, off Weds so may do it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

I am 12weeks in and have yet to use mine

no panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimjoebob09

Parents trying to decide if it's worth their while goin up for the coffee morning. Just wondering if people know what's actually happening the first morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Parents trying to decide if it's worth their while goin up for the coffee morning. Just wondering if people know what's actually happening the first morning?

Not sure if this is the same. But when my GF went into recruit training for the defence forces, they invited parents and family down to send them off. Speeches were made, a few drinks were had, few sandwiches, then they marched off the new recruits and families went home.

I'd say something similar will happen, bring the parents, they won't get another chance to see you going off to Garda College. Great for a few Before and After photos too.

• Advertisement

mycro89 wrote: »
    What is the level of pay for new recruits? Is it true that it is only short term contracts that are offered?

No Mycro, haven't heard any talk of it being anything other than permanent. The pension forms certainly make it look like a 30 year minimum term.

About the wages, after attestation I think it starts at 23,500ish per annum on a rising scale, not including allowances or shift allowances.

Xios wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the same. But when my GF went into recruit training for the defence forces, they invited parents and family down to send them off. Speeches were made, a few drinks were had, few sandwiches, then they marched off the new recruits and families went home.

I'd say something similar will happen, bring the parents, they won't get another chance to see you going off to Garda College. Great for a few Before and After photos too.

half true

folks had tea and recruits mingled

the senior staff, - chief, super and inspectors mingled too (no speeches, no tours)

it was very informal and relaxed. I wouldnt call it a massive deal to be honest, but still a nice thing for families to enjoy

EveAlex wrote: »
    I am 12weeks in and have yet to use mine

no panic!

I assume ye haven't had use for the mouth guard either?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

EveAlex wrote: »
    half true

folks had tea and recruits mingled

the senior staff, - chief, super and inspectors mingled too (no speeches, no tours)

it was very informal and relaxed. I wouldnt call it a massive deal to be honest, but still a nice thing for families to enjoy

Yeah, sorry, forgot to mention that it was rather informal, however, the recruits dressed real fancy. Family not so much. But yeah, best advise the new lads now to get em prepped for their first day at school.

There really is no excuse for not having a gum shield, you can get one in any town in the country since the GAA changed their rules and they're fairly cheap too.

None - yet

I assume Polly's shows the football does it? United on Monday night next week :-)

I know lads will wear a suit the first day, just wondering what ye wore to classes etc during the first week? Slacks/shirts or what? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭teaisgreat

20times wrote: »
    I know lads will wear a suit the first day, just wondering what ye wore to classes etc during the first week? Slacks/shirts or what? Cheers!

Tracksuit! First week is all practical so you'll have to buy tracksuit the first day and wear it for the rest of the week.

teaisgreat wrote: »
    Tracksuit! First week is all practical so you'll have to buy tracksuit the first day and wear it for the rest of the week.

So we're all planning on suits Monday yeah? Didn't want to be that one clown in one ha

• Advertisement

So we're all planning on suits Monday yeah? Didn't want to be that one clown in one ha

Sure am, conservative blue shirt ironed and ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

No Mycro, haven't heard any talk of it being anything other than permanent. The pension forms certainly make it look like a 30 year minimum term.

About the wages, after attestation I think it starts at 23,500ish per annum on a rising scale, not including allowances or shift allowances.

€23,171 starting basic. Then rises. All of it is publicly available on the justice.ie website anyways.

Finished up work this morning, roll on Monday!!

On a side note, have any of ye sent back that pension form thing?

I was just gonna bring out down on Monday, haven't had a chance to look at it in detail. I've to make a start on this list as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

They collected them down here from us.

Finishing up work on Friday, roll on Monday! Still have things to sort, but doubt we'll need everything for next week. See ye next week and Polly's after for the football!!

I was just gonna bring out down on Monday, haven't had a chance to look at it in detail. I've to make a start on this list as well!

So just to clarify we have to just bring the pension form with us yeah ? Not post it back

So just to clarify we have to just bring the pension form with us yeah ? Not post it back

Don't think there would be much point posting it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimjoebob09

Ya just bring it up on the day, there was no mention of posting it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

My last day in work tomorrow. So delighted.

I'll see you all on Monday :)

Advertisement