Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Paul101010

Hey all. Seen a few pages ago that we'll be off on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. Is this for definite or just rumours? Been living in Cork for 9 years and trying to organise a few days together where I can move all my stuff back to the homestead; none of the weekends before Christmas suit. Plus the cost of bloody trains up and down to Templemore means the more in advance they can be booked, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Paul101010 wrote: »
    Hey all. Seen a few pages ago that we'll be off on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. Is this for definite or just rumours? Been living in Cork for 9 years and trying to organise a few days together where I can move all my stuff back to the homestead; none of the weekends before Christmas suit. Plus the cost of bloody trains up and down to Templemore means the more in advance they can be booked, the better.

This is definite for Christmas holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Paul101010

Blaireness wrote: »
    This is definite for Christmas holidays.

Cool, thanks a million. Can finally start to make some plans now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Did anyone who defered from the first intake get called up for the second intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 WillOR

What time are people planning to be down for on Monday? Are you planning 11am or 2pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

WillOR wrote: »
    What time are people planning to be down for on Monday? Are you planning 11am or 2pm?

I'll probably be there for about 12ish I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Oh so we don't actually have to arrive at 11 if we're not bringing family? Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Says we can arrive between 11-2, probably get there around 12. Where do we actually go when we get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stephengriffin

So any idea what the story is with Xmas down there ??

My swimming shorts are black, but with a coloured stripe running down the side and almost knee length, I assume they'll be ok?

• Advertisement

So any idea what the story is with Xmas down there ??

Story with Christmas as far as I'm aware is that we're off the 24th to the 28th and the 1st to the 4th inclusive.

1 More Sleep !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭20times

Don't usually do nerves, but nervous and excited about tomorrow!! Roll on!

Actually, does anyone know what the gym is like down there?

20times wrote: »
    Actually, does anyone know what the gym is like down there?

I only had a quick look at it but it looked good!

I only had a quick look at it but it looked good!

Cool. Can you recall if they had treadmills/crosstrainers? Assume they have.

I think they did but I'm not 100%. It was huge though so I'd be surprised if it didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

It does. it's a decent gym but the opening hours took quite a hit without the recruits around.

What are the opening hours like now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

All the best to those in next batch.

We look forward to your deployment!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

See yas all tomorrow!!!!

Lojak wrote: »
    See yas all tomorrow!!!!

Yeah, weirdly not nervous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eireannach01

See you guys tomorrow! Is anyone bring their kids down? My wife seems to think it will be a good idea, but i don't know. What you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

See you guys tomorrow! Is anyone bring their kids down? My wife seems to think it will be a good idea, but i don't know. What you reckon?

Bring them surely, what harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stephengriffin

Wooooohoooooo :-)

Wooooohoooooo :-)

See you all in a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

looks like we've lost another 100 to this thread hahahah best of luck lads and lasses hope you all do well in templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭IgniteFitness

Quick question on tax credits, did anybody whos down in templemore transfer their tax credits to their other halfs and is your wage down there taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Just wondering guys how much money in and around i will we need for the tracksuits etc. and money on me for the first week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chirper

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Just wondering guys how much money in and around i will we need for the tracksuits etc. and money on me for the first week??

The tracksuit and the parade shoes cost around €160-€180. Cant remember what i payed but its around that figure. Thats the only thing you're required to spend money on.

Advertisement