Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

EveAlex wrote: »
    incorrect - no stations yet

both will get students, 5 each id say

11 going to Cork as well.. to be split between Cork North, West and City..

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

rocky911 wrote: »
    11 going to Cork as well.. to be split between Cork North, West and City..

I would be sceptical that cork are getting that many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭pah

5 to the city I heard that's only 1 per unit in Anglesea Street

Hopefully that will be one more every few months now though. Badly needed.

I was too to be very honest but according to a Super I spoke with that they were confident to get 11 as numbers across the units in the city are gone so bad but wait and see I guess. Best of luck with it.

pah wrote: »

Dont know why Anglesea St would get the priority seeing as unit numbers on the North side are dire but to be fair thats a different topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭pah

rocky911 wrote: »
    Dont know why Anglesea St would get the priority seeing as unit numbers on the North side are dire but to be fair thats a different topic.

They're bad everywhere in fairness. Big units in Anglesea street but no one to spare on the regular on a daily basis.

thats more on the money I would say

They're bad everywhere in fairness. Big units in Anglesea street but no one to spare on the regular on a daily basis.

Yep,..not just Cork either !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I'd say members in B Branch will be flat out dealing with transfers now for the foreseeable and about time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Blaireness

Cork is highly unlikely to get 11. It's more likely that they're going to allocate stations in groups of 5. Also, rumour has it that Anglesea St. is the only Cork Station on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Students are going to stations for training first before being assigned to stations properly - to get to know the ropes so to speak. I was talking to a CPD person today and thats what they said. We'll know sooner or later i guess!

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    Students are going to stations for training first before being assigned to stations properly - to get to know the ropes so to speak. I was talking to a CPD person today and thats what they said. We'll know sooner or later i guess!

yes thats expected

but they will be assigned to stations in the divisions they currently are once the 60 odd weeks with a tutor is up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

yes thats expected

but they will be assigned to stations in the divisions they currently are once the 60 odd weeks with a tutor is up

Yes, we were told that your training station will be your based station for 2 years after your t/o is finished with you

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Is there anyone in Garda HQ or Templemore who help the students/new recuits find accomodation near their stations or is it completely up to the students/recuits?

I was speaking to one of my mates who said he is trying for two months to get a house to rent in Dublin and still has nothing secured.

kev-bt wrote: »
    Is there anyone in Garda HQ or Templemore who held the students/new recuits find accomodation near their stations or is it completely up to the students/recuits?

I was speaking to one of my mates who said he is trying for two months to get a house to rent in Dublin and still has nothing secured.

totally your own individual responsibility

Are the tutors going to be Garda or Sergeant rank? Haven't heard of any tutor course going on anywhere.

Gerry G wrote: »
    Are the tutors going to be Garda or Sergeant rank? Haven't heard of any tutor course going on anywhere.

Garda

and i think the selection process is being finalised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

kjbsrah1 wrote: »

Training could be summed up as follows. Forget everything they told you in Templemore.

Training could be summed up as follows. Forget everything they told you in Templemore.

Ain't that the truth kaizer. Apart from the obvious legal references that they teach you down there, everything else is pretty much useless information in the real world. I went out as a phase 2 student thinking in 1999 thinking that things were gonna be as we were thought in the college. What a surprise I got when I realised how things actually work. Nothing beats on the job experience, same as every roll in life I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Ain't that the truth kaizer. Apart from the obvious legal references that they teach you down there, everything else is pretty much useless information in the real world. I went out as a phase 2 student thinking in 1999 thinking that things were gonna be as we were thought in the college. What a surprise I got when I realised how things actually work. Nothing beats on the job experience, same as every roll in life I suppose.

I think all college is the same though. I've found that any college course i've done isnt really relevant to the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Garda

and i think the selection process is being finalised

Was there applications out for that...?

I don't think there were applications. It was more a case of being a job for the junior man on the unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I don't think there were applications. It was more a case of being a job for the junior man on the unit.

The junior man! Ah here, some junior men are now permantent post men in my place!!!

I think so!

The junior man! Ah here, some junior men are now permantent post men in my place!!!

True that. There'll be many's a junior man breathing a sigh of relief when the new recruits arrive all the same. 5 years is a long time to spend at the bottom of the totem pole :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

will there just take from band 1 and 2 or will they start a new drive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Hey, just wondering is there any people here doing medicals/physicals this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DUB142

Did they ever make there way as far down to band 3? Im sure they have to let the people who got into that band try and get through to the next stage before they go back to the public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

DUB142 wrote: »
    Did they ever make there way as far down to band 3? Im sure they have to let the people who got into that band try and get through to the next stage before they go back to the public.

I'd say your right man .

Advertisement