Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

aido112 wrote: »
    Physical passed!!!! Back to the waiting game now hopefully will have a letter of offer in a couple of weeks!!

Well done, congrats! Was there many down there doing Physical? Any fails?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

kev-bt wrote: »
    Well done, congrats! Was there many down there doing Physical? Any fails?

39 of us 4 failed the bleep as far as I no

39 of us 4 failed the bleep as far as I no

Cheers, they must be near the 125 people who have everything done now for July intake. Hopefully offers will be out in the next two weeks or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Have my pct tomorrow! Hopefully am on the side of bein depressed over waitin for a place other then depressed over failin!!!!!

Hi all,

Of those that have got in what kinda time frame did ye have from physical to letter of offer??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Hi all,

Of those that have got in what kinda time frame did ye have from physical to letter of offer??

It's really hard to say, some would have done the physical last June but didn't get in until December because of vetting.
    In general, initial offers came out for all intakes approx 4 weeks before start date. If done similarly, offers mightn't come out for another few weeks.
    Just my opinion tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

Got info pack today and just a few things on it that it says to get down in templemore shop, just a question for those down there now how much did it all come to? Just trying to work out how much I'll need to bring down! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Bridel wrote: »
    Got info pack today and just a few things on it that it says to get down in templemore shop, just a question for those down there now how much did it all come to? Just trying to work out how much I'll need to bring down! Cheers

Keep about €120/€150 for all the bits. Parade shoes are the most expensive. The rest is just tracksuits and all.

Do they measure you for uniform and so on when you get down or am I missing stuff from the info pack?

Do they measure you for uniform and so on when you get down or am I missing stuff from the info pack?

Should be a measurement sheet in your pack. You fill it in, send it back and your uniform is sent to the college in a giant box.
    You'll need to change every single piece of it anyway because the sizes are always off.
    Give them a ring and they will surely email you a uniform size sheet.

• Advertisement

Turbo T wrote: »
    Should be a measurement sheet in your pack. You fill it in, send it back and your uniform is sent to the college in a giant box.
    You'll need to change every single piece of it anyway because the sizes are always off.
    Give them a ring and they will surely email you a uniform size sheet.

Thanks for that Turbo. What about bank details? Also the declarations to sign about pensions and so on do we bring them with us on the Monday??

Thanks for that Turbo. What about bank details? Also the declarations to sign about pensions and so on do we bring them with us on the Monday??

Send back your bank details to hrm and bring the other documents with you to the college. No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aoifeb2

I didn't get any uniform measurement sheet nor a bank details form. Were they supposed to come in the info pack?

aoifeb2 wrote: »
    I didn't get any uniform measurement sheet nor a bank details form. Were they supposed to come in the info pack?

Neither did I, they might follow in an e-mail maybe?!

kev-bt wrote: »
    Neither did I, they might follow in an e-mail maybe?!

Ours were in our packs. Give them a ring. Maybe they were left out by mistake.

We didn't get measured for uniforms here in the college because we had already given measurements

aoifeb2 wrote: »

I contacted hrm this morning they said bank detail and uniform size forms will issue shortly

Turbo T wrote: »
    Ours were in our packs. Give them a ring. Maybe they were left out by mistake.

We didn't get measured for uniforms here in the college because we had already given measurements

How long were you waiting on uniforms turbo

We got ours in January. We were waiting 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

We (Third Intake) got ours 2 weeks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

How strick are they on the predominately white runners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 aoifeb2

Bridel wrote:
    I was talking to one of the guys down there and he said they're not that strict unless they're very bright colours. But I just came out of Office on Henry Street & they have white Nikes on sale for 60 euro :-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mine were black and red. Nothing was ever said. Just make sure you have the white socks at all times.

Lad in my phase was nearly stopped from doing a fitness test because he didn't wear white socks. He had to borrow a pair from another lad who was finished. No-one wants that.

Bridel wrote: »

They're not strict on them at all... also you wont need your judo suit till about 10-15 weeks in so no rush there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kellydavid04

Does anyone know what the garda reg number is on the pack we were sent. All the forms seem to require it but no information on it specifically says garda reg number. Is it one of the two numbers above the name and address or is it our candidate number ?

Does anyone know what the garda reg number is on the pack we were sent. All the forms seem to require it but no information on it specifically says garda reg number. Is it one of the two numbers above the name and address or is it our candidate number ?

You probably wont get your reg number till the day you start... either way it will be a 5 digit number with a letter after.
    If there are forms to fill in, i.e. uniform size etc, just leave reg no. blank if you dont have it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Are they still telling ye to buy a gum-shield? Mine never saw the light of day.

Also they will ask you to buy the tracksuit when you're down. In my opinion you should hold off buying the zipped jacket top. I barely used mine and they aren't the nicest fit (they're a shell suit tracksuit top). They will only ever insist on the t-shirts and you're never too far away from changing that you will need the jacket for warmth.

Hi lads,

To all that's in already do you get your documents back (birth certs etc) at some point before you leave

Hi lads,

To all that's in already do you get your documents back (birth certs etc) at some point before you leave

They keep your birth cert FOREVER.... or until you leave/retire at least. All the rest of your documents and any spouse/child birth certs you get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

madbadger wrote: »
    They keep your birth cert FOREVER

"You now belong to us. To the rest of the world you never existed" :pac:

The main point re: parade shoes. Make sure you get the perfect size. Marching and standing on the square will be a nightmare otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

You definitely do get the birth cert back, a time frame on that I can not remember though

Advertisement