Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Turbo T wrote:
    Probably best to have everything that you need sorted before you get here so you're not worrying about the small things you know

Turbo how much does tracksuits etc cost including parade shoes if u can remember? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

aido112 wrote: »
    Turbo how much does tracksuits etc cost including parade shoes if u can remember? Thanks

Parade shoes were the most expensive. €70 odd quid.
    Depends how much tracksuit bits you buy.There's bottoms, top and 2 types or tshirts. Shirts aswell. €200 should cover you.

I'd say to anyone who knows they are on the way here to save save save ! The extra few €uros is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Totally jealous of every one starting this month!!! Good luck new recruits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Totally jealous of every one starting this month!!! Good luck new recruits

Hopefully we'll be down joining them in October :D

Hopefully we'll be down joining them in October
    Hopefully Dublin girl!!!!!! Gonna have to be a pest about my vetting!!!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 nonnac

Hi, I'm heading down on the 27th anyone have an idea about when we have to be on campus during the week, i.e do we have to be in by 11pm on Sunday or can we travel from home Monday morning in time for lectures etc. Thanks.

nonnac wrote:
    Hi, I'm heading down on the 27th anyone have an idea about when we have to be on campus during the week, i.e do we have to be in by 11pm on Sunday or can we travel from home Monday morning in time for lectures etc. Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure they allow for one renegade cop that does things his own way but always gets the job done!!! Solidify your self as this guy and it's all up to you

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You can travel from home Monday morning (or any morning for that matter) as long as you're on time for 9am. Many would go home on a Tuesday or Wednesday to split the week up.

I'm pretty sure they allow for one renegade cop that does things his own way but always gets the job done!!! Solidify your self as this guy and it's all up to you

Hahas Thanks murraychrisg, I'll bear that in mind. :D
    and thanks ShiverinEskimo for the info. I appreciate the heads up.

Haha Thanks murraychrisg, I'll bear that in mind. :D
    and thanks ShiverinEskimo for the info. I appreciate the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcnulty101

Hopefully Dublin girl!!!!!! Gonna have to be a pest about my vetting!!!!!!:)

Any word back on vetting?! Last I heard from them they were still waiting to hear back from Australia to complete my vetting but that was 3 weeks before the July intake, hoping it will be completed by October but has anyone heard back from HRM about outstanding vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

nonnac wrote: »

Once you're there 9-5, you can come and go as you please... You can stay on or off campus as many nights as you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

3 dropped out of the 142 intake for one reason or another, 97 graduated today.

Go n'eiri an t-adh libh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Lads, just looking at your timetable. I think it's ok for you to arrive anytime before Noon on monday. I'm not sure what the email invitation said for you guys, but for my intake we were allowed bring the family into the college to have a look around before they leave you there for 9 months :)
    Just make sure before you come in late and get in trouble.

Your first class is scheduled for 2pm which is Registration.

Don't forget to bring your original Birth Cert and any Marriage certs you may have.

Can't remember if you need all your other qualifications and documents, but might not hurt to have them with you.

Good news for Class 3(C), you're the first ones to be graded in the swimming pool on tuesday, have fun :)

Xios wrote:
    Lads, just looking at your timetable. I think it's ok for you to arrive anytime before Noon on monday. I'm not sure what the email invitation said for you guys, but for my intake we were allowed bring the family into the college to have a look around before they leave you there for 9 months Just make sure before you come in late and get in trouble.

Do the family get a tour or what happens??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Do the family get a tour or what happens??

When I came into the college, I was shown to my room by a member of the 142 intake. He didn't give a tour, but if I'd asked, he probably would have.

Since the 142's just passed out today, my intake is now the Senior phase. We have not been timetabled to greet you guys, but usually here's a last minute request for us to show you to your room or around the campus.
    Actually, two classes have an hour timetabled for welcoming the new trainees from 11am to 1pm.

If there are 151 students showing you to your room, ask them for a quick tour for your family. They'll do it if they've time.

There's a Museum that might be open, which is quite interesting, there should be free Tea/Coffee and biscuits, maybe sandwiches if they're generous. You can get lunch in the Canteen (not free) or go down the town to get food.

For food, go to Murphy's or the Templemore Arms hotel, or for a smaller lunch + coffee, go to Cafe en Main. They're all on the main street near enough to the Garda Station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

From what I gather from the email we cam show up anytime from 11 till 2(when reg starts)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Should we be suited and booted for Monday?

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    Should we be suited and booted for Monday?

Yea. Go with the suits. 100%. You want to look smart. Plenty of time to be wearing tracksuits and runners in the evening.

You'll be in the uniform when you get it so may get used to getting properly dressed.

Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Turbo T wrote: »
    Yea. Go with the suits. 100%. You want to look smart. Plenty of time to be wearing tracksuits and runners in the evening.

You'll be in the uniform when you get it so may get used to getting properly dressed.

Best of Luck
    Cheers, I better learn how to do a tie quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 unknown 85

Hey is anyone going on their own without the family on the 27th? If so what time are yous going down for?

Anyone know they breakdown of where the class that passed out yesterday were sent

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ginge_2013

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    Cheers, I better learn how to do a tie quick!

Don't worry I'll be there starting with you and I'll show ya..... 10 years of wearing a tie to work under me belt

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ginge_2013

Anyone know they breakdown of where the class that passed out yesterday were sent

I heard today four dubs are in Waterford and 1 Donegal guy is in cork but not confirmed by people's in power

ginge_2013 wrote: »
    I heard today four dubs are in Waterford and 1 Donegal guy is in cork but not confirmed by people's in power

No Donegal lads were sent to Cork.
    2 Dubs going to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

bit of advice, dont bring a load of stuff on monday. just bring enough clothes to last you the week and bring what u need week to week. the room is too smal to fill it with stuff you dont need. any questions about the college, send me a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭thelongwait

unknown 85 wrote: »
    Hey is anyone going on their own without the family on the 27th? If so what time are yous going down for?

Yeah, aiming for 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Turbo T wrote: »
    No Donegal lads were sent to Cork.
    2 Dubs going to Waterford.

Is it still the case you can state your two preferred districts and they aim to locate you somewhat close to where you put down? or is it a random allocation?

Is it still the case you can state your two preferred districts and they aim to locate you somewhat close to where you put down? or is it a random allocation?

That's not the case at all. Its random.
    If you have kids or a welfare issue you can send a welfare report and hope you get close to home. You'd need all your documents for that though. Marriage certs, children's birth certs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Does anyone have an idea about what we'll be wearing all week during the day? I only have one suit but do you think you'd get away with smart casual?

Advertisement