Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Lads last minute packing here, do they provide us with bed sheets down there? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

They give you bed sheets but you can bring your own if you want single size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

You'll be in tracksuits the first week for first aid and swimming and other training.

I'd bring my own bed sheet. Home comforts and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

Is the gym open in the evenings? Is it well equipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Lads last minute packing here, do they provide us with bed sheets down there? Cheers

Yes, but you can bring your own if you prefer, but if you do bring your own, you have to wash them....

• Advertisement

Does anyone have an idea about what we'll be wearing all week during the day? I only have one suit but do you think you'd get away with smart casual?

Until you get your uniform, more than likely suit for the week. Pants shirt & tie is ok, you don't need suit jacket.

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    Is the gym open in the evenings? Is it well equipped?

Its open officially till 9, but most nights not locked till a good bit after. You can go in the morning before class too. Its ok. Not the best / most modern equipment in the world but it does the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Best of Luck to everyone starting today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Good luck today hope to see ye in Oct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

Best of Luck to everyone starting today! I'm planning on seeing you all in October :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ginge_2013

Ok I'm down now with no parental units. Who is also around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Good Luck Everybody!! You will have to tell us everything! Did everyone go down with family??

How is everyone getting on??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jarvisk12

How is everyone getting on??

Grand so far,in track suits since Tuesday as we have first aid and first aid practicals all week

jarvisk12 wrote: »
    Grand so far,in track suits since Tuesday as we have first aid and first aid practicals all week

Cool! What's that like? How much did you need for tracksuits and shoes and stuff? :)

Any word on a date for the October intake? Is it likely to be early October or late October??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

Any word on a date for the October intake? Is it likely to be early October or late October??

26th of October judging by the January intake earlier this year .

26th of October judging by the January intake earlier this year .

That intake is finishing up on September 11th... but a start date of October 26th would mean more time to save! And also means i'll be able to take two weeks off before heading to templemore!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

That intake is finishing up on September 11th... but a start date of October 26th would mean more time to save! And also means i'll be able to take two weeks off before heading to templemore!

I know just going by the trend of 26th start dates

I know just going by the trend of 26th start dates

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll know more... but the 26th of October is a Bank holiday, and HRM could only confirm that the intake will be in October so the 5th, 12th and 19th are likely the options they have open to them...

• Advertisement

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll know more... but the 26th of October is a Bank holiday, and HRM could only confirm that the intake will be in October so the 5th, 12th and 19th are likely the options they have open to them...

Any idea how many people are finished up everything and ready to go in in October? Theres 125 places so wondering how many from my round of interviews will likely go in in October

Any idea how many people are finished up everything and ready to go in in October? Theres 125 places so wondering how many from my round of interviews will likely go in in October

It's impossible to know for sure.... I think the OOM is at least at the high 600's based on a poster on here saying they were in the 690's.

Only 425 people from the OOM so far have gone to Templemore so potentially there are roughly in the region of 275 people on the OOM who haven't gone down so are either; held up by vetting or awaiting re-test dates for the physical or saving for laser eye surgery or possibly even left the competition as they had a better job offer or did not pass medical or physical.

I wish I could stop thinking about it all and stop driving myself mad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Anyone know what the next intake will be after this October one?

It's impossible to know for sure.... I think the OOM is at least at the high 600's based on a poster on here saying they were in the 690's.

Only 425 people from the OOM so far have gone to Templemore so potentially there are roughly in the region of 275 people on the OOM who haven't gone down so are either; held up by vetting or awaiting re-test dates for the physical or saving for laser eye surgery or possibly even left the competition as they had a better job offer or did not pass medical or physical.

I wish I could stop thinking about it all and stop driving myself mad....
    Exactly what I need to do.. Driving me mad!
    Could all be for no reason as well if the result isnt what I am hoping for.. Worst part is they already know if I passed or not haha

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the next intake will be after this October one?

Spotted this on Kildarestreet.com from the Minister about garda recruitment;

"The Deputy will be aware that the first intake since 2009 of 100 new recruits entered training at the Garda College, Templemore, on 15 September 2014. As part of Budget 2015, a further intake of 200 recruits in two batches was announced. On 15 December 2014, the first 100 of these batches commenced their training. The remaining 100 entered the college in February this year. In addition I received sanction from the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform for the further intake of 250 recruits in 2015. It is expected that there will be a further intake into the Garda College of 100 trainees later this month, with two further intakes scheduled for October and December of this year. This will bring the number of new recruits to 550 by the end of 2015."

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gardapa

Just looking to get some advice off someone who has gone through the college and in phase 2. If anyone is willing to can they please PM me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Has anybody sent back their bank details and uniform sizes yet? I'm guessing we should email these back seeing as An Post are on strike?

Also for anyone who is already in Templemore, do you have a choice of sizes when you get there or do you have to go with the sizes you gave them? I'm only asking as I've tried on some of the uniform before and the sizes are way out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Just a bit of advice needed from someone one through recently, I have like probably 40 cousins, how important is exact addresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Just a bit of advice needed from someone one through recently, I have like probably 40 cousins, how important is exact addresses

40... is that all??

Just give aunts/uncles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

40... is that all??

Just give aunts/uncles

You have to give all relations living in Ireland including 1st cousins

Advertisement