Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

jwm85 wrote: »
    You have to give all relations living in Ireland including 1st cousins

I think I read on here that the cousins are just mentioned so they can pick a suitable district for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

carzony wrote: »
    I think I read on here that the cousins are just mentioned so they can pick a suitable district for you...

Well yea I'm guessing that's what it's for. Still have to mention them all though even if you have 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

If they say cousins they mean them all and it's for stations.
    As for the runners I'd go for asics they can be got in both male and female they're mainly white and have excellent support for running. Although I was told they take a more lacked attitude towards runners but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Also for anyone who is already in Templemore, do you have a choice of sizes when you get there or do you have to go with the sizes you gave them? I'm only asking as I've tried on some of the uniform before and the sizes are way out!!

The original uniform set you will get will be the sizes you enter but you will have a chance on the day you receive it to try it all on and change sizes if anything doesn't fit properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Well yea I'm guessing that's what it's for. Still have to mention them all though even if you have 40!

Thought all these lists would of finished with the form B, I too have lots and lots of cousins and so does my other half so it should be fun compiling them NOT ha!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

hought all these lists would of finished with the form B, I too have lots and lots of cousins and so does my other half so it should be fun compiling them NOT ha!
    Think I'll be usin my form be info and addin cousin names and general areas!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

Think I'll be usin my form be info and addin cousin names and general areas!

Yeah same same cut and paste into the new excel sheet! just waiting to get more information back to fill it all in! not too bad once you start it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Yeah same same cut and paste into the new excel sheet! just waiting to get more information back to fill it all in! not too bad once you start it to be honest.
    I like you have loads, but I don't talk to a single one and haven't in years, so to call them out of the blue askin for addresses and occupations might be a bit forward!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

I like you have loads, but I don't talk to a single one and haven't in years, so to call them out of the blue askin for addresses and occupations might be a bit forward!!!!

What about 2 cousins from an uncle's (who I haven't seen in 5 years) first marriage who I last seen when they were 5 and 3 over 20 years ago and who the uncle also hasn't seen since god knows when..... whose first names we know but who knows what last name they use, their mothers, their step dads.... pretty sure I'll have an incomplete list :confused:

What about 2 cousins from an uncle's (who I haven't seen in 5 years) first marriage who I last seen when they were 5 and 3 over 20 years ago and who the uncle also hasn't seen since god knows when..... whose first names we know but who knows what last name they use, their mothers, their step dads.... pretty sure I'll have an incomplete list :confused:

I'd ring HRM and tell them the situation I'm sure you'll be fine omitting them if you don't know them.
    As for runners if you haven't gotten them yet buy asics they're mainly white and come in both male and female and are excellent to run in.
    I heard they're easy going on runners but not 100% sure

• Advertisement

I'd ring HRM and tell them the situation I'm sure you'll be fine omitting them if you don't know them.
    As for runners if you haven't gotten them yet buy asics they're mainly white and come in both male and female and are excellent to run in.
    I heard they're easy going on runners but not 100% sure

Yea I mean I don't speak to that entire side of the family so anything on those cousins on that side will be rough guess work for the most part...

Cheers the womens asics that I seen were mostly colourful so I went with an adidas pair that were on sale - I know I'll get down there and likely realise I would have gotten away with my original pair but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Less than 3 weeks to go now.... can hardly believe it!

Yea I mean I don't speak to that entire side of the family so anything on those cousins on that side will be rough guess work for the most part...

Cheers the womens asics that I seen were mostly colourful so I went with an adidas pair that were on sale - I know I'll get down there and likely realise I would have gotten away with my original pair but I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Less than 3 weeks to go now.... can hardly believe it!

Yeah better safe than sorry! Although a friend in the 142 class told me loads wore different colours?
    Yeah I'd give them a buzz tomorrow and say look we're estranged so I don't know much about them and ask what they advise.
    Yeah not long atal! Hope the offers for the December or January intake come sooner rather then later I'm mad to get started

Yeah better safe than sorry! Although a friend in the 142 class told me loads wore different colours?
    Yeah I'd give them a buzz tomorrow and say look we're estranged so I don't know much about them and ask what they advise.
    Yeah not long atal! Hope the offers for the December or January intake come sooner rather then later I'm mad to get started

Yea well I went with a pair I like and know are good so I'll get the wear out of them in templemore and sure I can leave my original pair back home it'll be one thing I won't have to bring up and down from the college every week I suppose!

I do feel like I am wrecking HRMs heads but that is what they are there for Ii guess!

Well hopefully once they have us in they can look to the next intake and get you guys organised... I imagine it'll be a January intake as I can't see them bringing another intake in only a month after us and then it's Christmas so it may be a start of January intake like the 151's who from reading on here got their offers just before Christmas last year!

Yeah could be January... I'm only going by what the minister said in the Dail about there being 2 intakes one in October and one in December.
    Who knows?
    Is there much kit and stuff to be bought? I'll have to start saving abit harder won't find December coming and Christmas in between...
    I know I'll need a laptop.

Yeah could be January... I'm only going by what the minister said in the Dail about there being 2 intakes one in October and one in December.
    Who knows?
    Is there much kit and stuff to be bought? I'll have to start saving abit harder won't find December coming and Christmas in between...
    I know I'll need a laptop.

Yea but seeing how the October intake is technically November because of delays in getting numbers... time will tell!

There is a few bits and pieces, a windows compatible laptop or tablet is required but least you may get some good pre christmas deals coming up?

And college pe gear plus parade shoes you buy at the college and I've been advised to keep 200-250 aside for that, also the induction week is unpaid so budget for that too in your savings!

Yea but seeing how the October intake is technically November because of delays in getting numbers... time will tell!

There is a few bits and pieces, a windows compatible laptop or tablet is required but least you may get some good pre christmas deals coming up?

And college pe gear plus parade shoes you buy at the college and I've been advised to keep 200-250 aside for that, also the induction week is unpaid so budget for that too in your savings!

Ok cool! Might get the other half to look into laptops maybe I'll get one as you said in a deal.
    So I'd want around 400 give or take plus a laptop?
    Yeah so could be a January intake so with offers in December that would mean before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Ok cool! Might get the other half to look into laptops maybe I'll get one as you said in a deal.
    Yeah so could be a January intake so with offers in December that would mean before Xmas.

I was talking to a girl in appointments yesterday and she was saying it will be December she didn't mention january

QUOTE]

Yea I'd try have about 400 for the first week, also you need to have a plain suit to wear while waiting for the uniforms - an issue for me as I work in a casual office so just putting it out there to also factor in if needs be!
    conzcro wrote: »
    I was talking to a girl in appointments yesterday and she was saying it will be December she didn't mention january

Well that's something then cause they've not mentioned anything like that before so they must be sure of peoples files being ready in time for a December intake so!

Oh great so they're still all go for December? Is that all she said?

QUOTE]

Yea I'd try have about 400 for the first week, also you need to have a plain suit to wear while waiting for the uniforms - an issue for me as I work in a casual office so just putting it out there to also factor in if needs be!

Well that's something then cause they've not mentioned anything like that before so they must be sure of peoples files being ready in time for a December intake so!

When I met my Supt he told me HRM were on to him to get my file recommend and back to them asap so they must be trying to get them done. The only thing that could slow me is aunts living in the states but again maybe it won't as they've been there since their teens...

• Advertisement

Oh great so they're still all go for December? Is that all she said?

She told me my file was ready and December was next intake my oom 607 surely il get on this time round

She told me my file was ready and December was next intake my oom 607 surely il get on this time round

Ah not so bad... so yours wasn't ready for October intake? Shouldn't you have bring in October?

Ah not so bad... so yours wasn't ready for October intake? Shouldn't you have bring in October?

Going by oom I should have been but my vetting was only clear this week and I missed it

Going by oom I should have been but my vetting was only clear this week and I missed it

Ah that's a pain but look December isn't that far and sure there'll be a few of us there.
    I'm just at the start of the oom after you so December here too

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Can you commute to templemore each day or do you have to stay down there Monday to Thursday and come home on Fridays for the weekend?

pp1401 wrote: »
    Can you commute to templemore each day or do you have to stay down there Monday to Thursday and come home on Fridays for the weekend?

Used to be that you need to just be there 9-5 Monday to Friday however the curfew has recently been brought back meaning you need to be back by midnight Sunday and you leave Friday after 5.

Maybe with extenuating circumstances e.g. family commitments there may be exceptions to it but as far as I am aware you are in Templemore Sunday to Friday evening.

Open to being corrected if this isn't 100% accurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Used to be that you need to just be there 9-5 Monday to Friday however the curfew has recently been brought back meaning you need to be back by midnight Sunday and you leave Friday after 5.

Maybe with extenuating circumstances e.g. family commitments there may be exceptions to it but as far as I am aware you are in Templemore Sunday to Friday evening.

That's what I gained from the introduction also.

Yeah was told at my PCT that curfew is back not sure if it means you need to be back on Sunday as you previously did? But as far as I know curfew Monday- Thursday and I think they let you finish abit early on Fridays but again due to other circumstances this could change or be different

Yeah was told at my PCT that curfew is back not sure if it means you need to be back on Sunday as you previously did? But as far as I know curfew Monday- Thursday and I think they let you finish abit early on Fridays but again due to other circumstances this could change or be different

Well a friend was annoyed with the curfew coming back as it meant one less night with the OH before heading back so I took that to mean Sunday night have to be back at the college and he also said you may get off 15 minutes early on a Friday but if you are expecting a 4 or 4.30 finish forget it.

• Advertisement

Well a friend was annoyed with the curfew coming back as it meant one less night with the OH before heading back so I took that to mean Sunday night have to be back at the college and he also said you may get off 15 minutes early on a Friday but if you are expecting a 4 or 4.30 finish forget it.

Ah ok so maybe it is a case of be back on Sunday.
    Yeah I wouldn't be expecting any early Fridays I'm just going on hear say... sure 5 still early I'd be home by 7 at latest. I'm sure everyone else is the same...besides it's only a few months be grand

Advertisement