Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Currently relaxed to the extent that you can return Monday morning instead of Sunday night. Monday to Thursday it's in by midnight like a bunch of Cinderellas.

Obviously subject to change though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Monday to Thursday it's in by midnight like a bunch of Cinderellas. QUOTE]

:D:D:D

But seriously it's 8 months, and heading back on a Monday I imagine would leave you a bit wrecked for the day ahead and a midnight curfew is still fairly reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

But seriously it's 8 months, and heading back on a Monday I imagine would leave you a bit wrecked for the day ahead and a midnight curfew is still fairly reasonable!

Yeah exactly 12 is fine... and I'll defo br back on a Sunday no way I'd do that trip on a Monday morning I'd be wrecked

Yeah exactly 12 is fine... and I'll defo br back on a Sunday no way I'd do that trip on a Monday morning I'd be wrecked

Exactly Monday morning traffic outta Dublin before a day of classes.... no thanks!

• Advertisement

Anyone see this ?
    http://www.careersportal.ie/news/news.php?Heading=75+Additional+Gardai+for+November+intake&ID=1806201724#.VhZX-hk1jqA
    Seems an odd number and they've there figures wrong ? The minister herself said in the Dail it was October and December 2 intakes? 75 seems a low number seen as there's a few om here with all passed.
    And aren't bands 2 & 3 going stage 3/4?

Anyone see this ?
    http://www.careersportal.ie/news/news.php?Heading=75+Additional+Gardai+for+November+intake&ID=1806201724#.VhZX-hk1jqA
    Seems an odd number and they've there figures wrong ? The minister herself said in the Dail it was October and December 2 intakes? 75 seems a low number seen as there's a few om here with all passed.
    And aren't bands 2 & 3 going stage 3/4?

Think they have edited it since that first went up as there were mistakes but now;
    The recruitment process for Garda Trainees is ongoing, with interviews to
    commence in late October 2015 for those who were successful in the last call for
    applications to An Garda Síochana.

That refers to Groups 2 and 3.
    To date, 200 Garda Trainees have entered Garda College in 2015. A further 75
    trainees will commence training on 2nd November 2015. A further intake of 75 is
    proposed for late November/early December, bringing to 350 the total intake for

This would be correct, 200 went into Templemore in 2014, and so far 200 in 2015. I think the 'in 2015' was missing when this article was up at first but they have now corrected it and it now reads more accurately.

Think they have edited it since that first went up as there were mistakes but now;

That refers to Groups 2 and 3.

This would be correct, 200 went into Templemore in 2014, and so far 200 in 2015. I think the 'in 2015' was missing when this article was up at first but they have now corrected it and it now reads more accurately.

Ah ok I must have read the first article. Do you not think 75 is a low number considering the other intakes were 100 each? And that they were trying for 125 per class? Considering what medical last 6 months?

Ah ok I must have read the first article. Do you not think 75 is a low number considering the other intakes were 100 each? And that they were trying for 125 per class? Considering what medical last 6 months?

Yea it is quite low.... But they've been having issues getting the numbers due to vetting so I suppose they figured take the 75 ready to go now then get another75 down once they're ready?

As for the medical only being valid for 6 months I don't know about that but they likely have some discretion with it I imagine?

Yea it is quite low.... But they've been having issues getting the numbers due to vetting so I suppose they figured take the 75 ready to go now then get another75 down once they're ready?

As for the medical only being valid for 6 months I don't know about that but they likely have some discretion with it I imagine?

I heard was only 6 month's but maybe Im wrong yeah could be a case of take 75 and take another in February or whatever. Time will tell. Anyone actually know what the October intake ended at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

There is a planned intake of reserves for late November.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Did anyone get an email confirmation when sending bank details and uniform sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

I never get confirmation immediately, but if I ask I usually get it!

jwm85 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an email confirmation when sending bank details and uniform sizes?

Same here, I don't think they've ever sent me anything after I'd emailed them with all those forms or personal details. Except, obviously, the emails where I asked questions - then they would normally come back to me pretty quickly.

What could be delaying peoples vetting I'm just curious like if you've never being in trouble or involved in anything then why would it be delayed? Surely 99% of those who applied wouldn't have ever spoken to a garda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

What could be delaying peoples vetting I'm just curious like if you've never being in trouble or involved in anything then why would it be delayed? Surely 99% of those who applied wouldn't have ever spoken to a garda

Out of thousand more than 99% could have had some interaction i'd imagine. Plenty of people go through the process with minor things like cautions, arrests, court appearances. motoring offences ect..

Doesnt necessarily mean these people are bad people and as far as I know the only thing that really knocks you out of the competition is actual criminal convictions.

Not sure if it's true but in the previous competition I read many Garda got through with motoring convictions like no insurance, nct, tax...

carzony wrote: »
    Out of thousand more than 99% could have had some interaction i'd imagine. Plenty of people go through the process with minor things like cautions, arrests, court appearances. motoring offences ect..

Doesnt necessarily mean these people are bad people and as far as I know the only thing that really knocks you out of the competition is actual criminal convictions.

Not sure if it's true but in the previous competition I read many Garda got through with motoring convictions like no insurance, nct, tax...

What I mean was like struggling to make numbers towards classes. I don't understand how?

What I mean was like struggling to make numbers towards classes. I don't understand how?

Doesnt make sense to me either.. Is it possible that many people are dropping out and are just not interested anymore? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Random question have ye been told when the 2 weeks off are?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Peter2.0 wrote: »

I'm guessing obviously Xmas for 1 week and possibly Easter for the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Peter2.0 wrote: »

Two weeks off will be between first phase in the college when your attested then your get your 2 weeks before you go to your station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Two weeks off will be between first phase in the college when your attested then your get your 2 weeks before you go to your station

There are reading weeks off from the college. Your 2 weeks aren't just limited to the 2 weeks between phase one and two.

You'll be told when you go down. There will be days off over Christmas alright and New Year.

Two weeks tomorrow guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bluebonbon

Does anybody know the dress code for the 27th? Are we to turn up in our suits or a bit less formal?
    And also what happens when we get down? Like the families are allowed to come, but what happens from 9am-10am?

bluebonbon wrote: »
    Does anybody know the dress code for the 27th? Are we to turn up in our suits or a bit less formal?
    And also what happens when we get down? Like the families are allowed to come, but what happens from 9am-10am?

Personally I'll be arriving suited, best to arrive over dressed than under I imagine. Not going to bring anyone down with me as it's a bit of a journey for an hour of free time to show them around between 9am-10am, as I assume from 10am we'll begin our induction etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

I'll be suited too!!!! Better off!!!!! Maybe I'll wear trackie bottoms and a suit jacket to make sure I'm covered ha ha!!!!!!
    I'm bringing ppl down for the look around!!!! Families dyin to see the college!

I'll be suited too!!!! Better off!!!!! Maybe I'll wear trackie bottoms and a suit jacket to make sure I'm covered ha ha!!!!!!
    I'm bringing ppl down for the look around!!!! Families dyin to see the college!

Yea my family is keen too but they can wait until I'm passing out!:p

Budget Day: 600 Gardai for next year.....

carzony wrote: »
    Budget Day: 600 Gardai for next year.....

I take it that doesn't include those of us most likely entering in December? So that 600 is it from panel or new campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I take it that doesn't include those of us most likely entering in December? So that 600 is it from panel or new campaign?
    It could be a bit of both. There is a lot of rumours that there will be a new campaign late next year.

Advertisement