Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

The current campaign will be two years old in Febuary, publicjobs requirments campaigns usually last 2 years before being open for new applications. So I would say anyone left would have to re-do the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

danube wrote: »
    It could be a bit of both. There is a lot of rumours that there will be a new campaign late next year.

i'd say there will have to be a new campaign only 1294 people from band2/3 passed stage 2 so
    getting at least 600 out of that might be pushing it a bit probably a load will fail stage 3 this week as well could be less than 600 after stage 3 results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

I reckon it's October December March then a new campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Everyone gettin their stuff together for life on the farm!?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

I reckon it's October December March then a new campaign.

I imagine they'll start the campaign before a March intake given how long the process takes but it's hard to say before the recent stage 3 results come out!

• Advertisement

Have some stuff organised, getting more this weekend so hopefully next week I can just enjoy my week off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Cedric87 wrote: »
    The current campaign will be two years old in Febuary, publicjobs requirments campaigns usually last 2 years before being open for new applications. So I would say anyone left would have to re-do the test.

No one will be re-doing any test, its seemless recruitment. Everyone is ill informed when they think that public jobs just drops a panel. There are some courses out there who have said that the people in the process will just be dropped un-ceremoniously on announcment of a new campaign but its not how it works and shows lack of knowledge of the process.

This has only happend twice and both times there was a recruitment embargo for approx 5 years in 80s and in 2008, a panel of people who had most stages done were left sitting for 5 years, that meant medical pct, background checks were all out of date and people were 5 years older some nearly 40. And it was garda hq that dropped thoes people.
    In the case of this current campaign everyone has gone as far as at leased stage 3, and will continue to move forward until either passing all stages or being knocked out. This will be finalised early next year. They might announce a new campaign early next year but that dosent mean they are just going to drop people who are just after passing stage 4/5 a month before how would that make sence. The current campaign will be still active at the later stages while a new campaign will start and come in behind the current campaign to facilitate 'seamless' recruitment.
    I predict that all the rest of the 2013 campaign might fill 350/400 of next years places and a new campaign will fill the rest and whatever is taken in 2017/18 etc. Of course all this depends on how many are successful at stages 3-5 in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

thekopend wrote: »
    No one will be re-doing any test, its seemless recruitment. Everyone is ill informed when they think that public jobs just drops a panel. There are some courses out there who have said that the people in the process will just be dropped un-ceremoniously on announcment of a new campaign but its not how it works and shows lack of knowledge of the process.

This has only happend twice and both times there was a recruitment embargo for approx 5 years in 80s and in 2008, a panel of people who had most stages done were left sitting for 5 years, that meant medical pct, background checks were all out of date and people were 5 years older some nearly 40. And it was garda hq that dropped thoes people.
    In the case of this current campaign everyone has gone as far as at leased stage 3, and will continue to move forward until either passing all stages or being knocked out. This will be finalised early next year. They might announce a new campaign early next year but that dosent mean they are just going to drop people who are just after passing stage 4/5 a month before how would that make sence. The current campaign will be still active at the later stages while a new campaign will start and come in behind the current campaign to facilitate 'seamless' recruitment.
    I predict that all the rest of the 2013 campaign might fill 350/400 of next years places and a new campaign will fill the rest and whatever is taken in 2017/18 etc. Of course all this depends on how many are successful at stages 3-5 in the coming months

Well said.

We've been in the process for almost 2 years. Dropping us would if anything just be a huge waste of resources.

Went shopping last weeknd, think I have everything sorted now. Enjoying last 2 lazy weeks at work now haha, but not having much motivation :))

Btw, do you reckon one suit will be enough until we get our uniforms? I have only one decent set of formal clothes as it's all casual in the office, so just wondering if I should look for some bargain and get another one?

Went shopping last weeknd, think I have everything sorted now. Enjoying last 2 lazy weeks at work now haha, but not having much motivation :))

Btw, do you reckon one suit will be enough until we get our uniforms? I have only one decent set of formal clothes as it's all casual in the office, so just wondering if I should look for some bargain and get another one?

I'd get a second one be a pain to only have one and trying to keep it ironed and clean. Some of the better suit shops might have specials on.. I know a lad who got a suit in penny's and looks and fits fine but I don't know if it will last but hey worth a try if stuck for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

Hi, I'm new to this business, but I was just wondering is there anyone else here in the low 800's that has passed all stages and waiting on word? Any idea on what intake I'd be in? All help appreciated, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

TheBhoys wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to this business, but I was just wondering is there anyone else here in the low 800's that has passed all stages and waiting on word? Any idea on what intake I'd be in? All help appreciated, thanks!

If you have everything passed lad it's just your vetting that needs completed.

If it's done soon you could be there for December (if there is a December intake).

Cheers for that Turbo T, I've read that family living abroad slows that down big time, hopefully it'll be December then so! Cheers for that!

Cheers for that Turbo T, I've read that family living abroad slows that down big time, hopefully it'll be December then so! Cheers for that!

I'm in the 740's and I'm waiting too I have family in the states but they're there legally since the 1980s so I'm hoping it shouldn't slow me to much I was told to expect december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

I'm in the 740's and I'm waiting too I have family in the states but they're there legally since the 1980s so I'm hoping it shouldn't slow me to much I was told to expect december

Did your Super tell you December?

Did your Super tell you December?

Super came in to the room just before I did push pull he was asking how everyone was doing he said relax to me and that I was nearly there. He said you'll be here in October or December so?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Just wondering what age are you all? I am 20 and I was told that I should wait a few years to get "life experience".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Just wondering what age are you all? I am 20 and I was told that I should wait a few years to get "life experience".

Im 22 and have lots of life experience!! ha It depends what you have been doing with yourself.. If youve had jobs if youve been working what youve been doing in the community its all relevant

21 depends on what you've done. I've worked in went college. Lots of hobbies and community involvement. Lots of life experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Springlawn

Im 22 and have lots of life experience!! ha It depends what you have been doing with yourself.. If youve had jobs if youve been working what youve been doing in the community its all relevant

I'm oom 702 and have not got a start date yet anyone know is there anyone that got call with a higher oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Springlawn

Anyone know what the oom is at

Springlawn wrote: »
    Anyone know what the oom is at

Only way to know is rin HRM and ask where the OOM for October ended and see then

Keep me posted on how you're getting on with it, patience is a virtue!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

How is everyone getting on, finishing up current jobs? Getting the list of gear together as well as the 1st cousins? All sorted yet? I'm on holidays until start date.

How is everyone getting on, finishing up current jobs? Getting the list of gear together as well as the 1st cousins? All sorted yet? I'm on holidays until start date.

Yea I am on holidays now too, have most stuff organised just have a few more bits to get together. Haven't begun the list of relatives yet just because I know how awkward it will be as I just barely got the details for all my aunts and Uncles as I am not in touch with anyone on my fathers side at all....

I'm working until the end of next week, more less everything sorted. Just need to but last few pieces of gear and put together the list of family members, but that won't be a problem.

What time are you planning on arriving at the college on Tue? Are you bringing your families with you?

Hey I'm just wondering if any of you have any tips for the interview?
    Anything will be appreciated really. I see this as the last real hurdle for us behind ye!

JoeyJoe93 wrote: »
    Hey I'm just wondering if any of you have any tips for the interview?
    Anything will be appreciated really. I see this as the last real hurdle for us behind ye!

There should be some more helpful threads with the specific information you are looking for, but no harm in doing what we can!
    The only thing I could suggest is to make sure that you are well prepared on the topics asked, try and have an example or two for each of the sections, stay calm (the interviewers are very friendly from my experience anyway, and want you to do well), don't ramble on and stick to the questions asked. They might ask questions you weren't expecting, but that's all part of the process just to see how you react, just take a second and think before you say anything, and always remember to look them in the eye! That's all I can think of at the minute.

There should be some more helpful threads with the specific information you are looking for, but no harm in doing what we can!
    The only thing I could suggest is to make sure that you are well prepared on the topics asked, try and have an example or two for each of the sections, stay calm (the interviewers are very friendly from my experience anyway, and want you to do well), don't ramble on and stick to the questions asked. They might ask questions you weren't expecting, but that's all part of the process just to see how you react, just take a second and think before you say anything, and always remember to look them in the eye! That's all I can think of at the minute.

Thanks a lot.
    I say I'll be shaking like a leaf in there, hopefully there won't be negative marks for nervousness haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Last week as a civilian guys!!!! How are you gonna spend it!?

Advertisement