Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Last week as a civilian guys!!!! How are you gonna spend it!?

Getting last few bits organised, have my cv fixed up, list of relatives is on the to do list tomorrow! And then one or two nights out next weekend as a last hurrah according to my friends! I'm already grateful for the bank holiday monday!)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Getting last few bits organised, have my cv fixed up, list of relatives is on the to do list tomorrow! And then one or two nights out next weekend as a last hurrah according to my friends! I'm already grateful for the bank holiday monday!)

What Cv is it you have to have? :) I'm trying to be organised as possible before I get going. My relatives should be ok I think I know most addresses. Enjoys your nights out... We might get a few come December in pollys ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Yeah I'm doing my cv and relative stuff this week! Unfortunately I've got only general areas for cousins but I'd imagine that's enough!!!! Yeah I'll have a drink or two with certain people to celebrate! Just wondering do we bring everything down the first day!?

Yeah I'm doing my cv and relative stuff this week! Unfortunately I've got only general areas for cousins but I'd imagine that's enough!!!! Yeah I'll have a drink or two with certain people to celebrate! Just wondering do we bring everything down the first day!?

What do you mean by everything? I'll be bringing all the paperwork they want plus essentially whats on the list they gave us apart what we buy down there....

You going down this round!?

• Advertisement

What do you mean by everything? I'll be bringing all the paperwork they want plus essentially whats on the list they gave us apart what we buy down there.
    Yeah I just mean the list, because it's a lot of stuff and I'd imagine it to be pretty quiet the first week you know!!!
    Screw it, I'll just drag it all in!:)

You going down this round!?

Unfortunately not this round but as my oom is in the 740's Its most likely December. I must ring tomorrow see if they will tell me is vetting done.

Yeah I just mean the list, because it's a lot of stuff and I'd imagine it to be pretty quiet the first week you know!!!
    Screw it, I'll just drag it all in!:)

Yea we may not need it all but sure we get the key to our room once we pay the deposit so anything not used and needing to be cleaned I'll leave there until the following week, after all I am driving down so it'll be easy enough to throw it all into the boot!

Yeah do!!!
    I heard that only75 are going down next week!

I heard that too. Odd its a low number. I wonder why they want a CV? Just wondering seen as you've got the job?

• Advertisement

Yeah I know!!!! Maybe it's jus to do with not your work exp but where you worked... Location wise! So they don't put you somewhere that you've worked! That's what I think!

Yeah do!!!
    I heard that only75 are going down next week!
    I heard that too. Odd its a low number. I wonder why they want a CV? Just wondering seen as you've got the job?

I think with the delays from vetting they just didn't have much more than 75 ready to go down so there will be 3 x 25pax classes or maybe they have more than 75 and it'll be 4 x 20? nothing will be confirmed until we all arrive down next Tuesday :)

As for the CV, I imagine it's for your file or just so they know any relevant previous history in your past jobs or studies etc

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

be
    What time are you planning on arriving at the college on Tue? Are you bringing your families with you?

Yeah some family want to come, I'll be hitting college at 9 suited and booted ready to move in ha! Anyone traveling from south drop me a pvt message.

we pay the deposit
    What's this deposit thing!?

Oh I've heard there is a €10 room key deposit, that way you can keep your room locked and avoid being the victim of light hearted pranks ;)

First I herd of it to be honest? Just getting everything sorted this week and looking forward to getting in and starting.

First I herd of it to be honest? Just getting everything sorted this week and looking forward to getting in and starting.

Heard it from one of the 152's and seems a reasonable thing to make sure keys are given back at the end of the 8 months!

I'm looking forward to getting stuck in alright! As much as I think I have what I need I know when I get down there I'll have a better idea of what I really need!

I think with the delays from vetting they just didn't have much more than 75 ready to go down so there will be 3 x 25pax classes or maybe they have more than 75 and it'll be 4 x 20? nothing will be confirmed until we all arrive down next Tuesday :)

As for the CV, I imagine it's for your file or just so they know any relevant previous history in your past jobs or studies etc

I assumed that they would have known your jobs from form B? Anyway not a problem to do it just thought it strange

I assumed that they would have known your jobs from form B? Anyway not a problem to do it just thought it strange

Form B went to vetting and appointments the college probably want their own record, but at least we have all the ground work done for form B so it's a quick enough thing to organise!

Form B went to vetting and appointments the college probably want their own record, but at least we have all the ground work done for form B so it's a quick enough thing to organise!

Yeah I have one on file so no problem to do.
    Who actually conducts the vetting ? Is it the vetting unit or what?

• Advertisement

I wish I knew when to expect to be paid though that is proving difficult personally! I know pay day is Thursday morning and our first week is unpaid so I am hoping we get paid on the 12th for a week and a bit...

Yea I'd imagine we get paid the following Thursday but I'd imagine be only for the bank holiday week!!!!!

Yea I'd imagine we get paid the following Thursday but I'd imagine be only for the bank holiday week!!!!!

But the garda pay is Wednesday to Wednesday paid on Thursday morning so because it would be Tuesday to Wednesday there could be a tiny bit extra the first pay cheque... suppose time will tell with it!

But the garda pay is Wednesday to Wednesday paid on Thursday morning so because it would be Tuesday to Wednesday there could be a tiny bit extra the first pay cheque... suppose time will tell with it!

Anyone know who actually conducts the vetting for us? Debating on wheather to ring HRM tomorrow to see if files ready

Anyone know who actually conducts the vetting for us? Debating on wheather to ring HRM tomorrow to see if files ready

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

Been wondering the same myself, hoping beyond hope that I'll be getting the call up in December, but I'm going to need to find out about vetting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Garda vetting unit would do it i suppose?. I reckon it's a very simple process actually. Just a matter of looking up names on pulse and probably chasing up old paperwork that might exist..

Speaking to the guys below the day of the oct they said it was about 3 weeks before their pay came through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

When you get in and get the employer number make sure to call revenue or your figures will be all over the place. All your doing is updating your employer to the Dept. Of Justice. Buzz during break time and get it all sorted as soon as you can... this might seem ridiculous but seeing as the wages are training wages you want to get as much as you can.

The €10 for your room key will be given back to you when you leave. A room key is a good idea ;)

• Advertisement

Turbo T wrote: »
    When you get in and get the employer number make sure to call revenue or your figures will be all over the place. All your doing is updating your employer to the Dept. Of Justice. Buzz during break time and get it all sorted as soon as you can... this might seem ridiculous but seeing as the wages are training wages you want to get as much as you can.

The €10 for your room key will be given back to you when you leave. A room key is a good idea ;)

Thanks turbo :-) yea I imagine the €10 deposit will be well spent for a key :-)

Advertisement