Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

One more week lads.. Say yous are so excited!! Cant wait to be joining yas.. Have everything finished after the weekend and vetting should be nearly done at this stage so seriously looking forward to joining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

One more week lads.. Say yous are so excited!! Cant wait to be joining yas.. Have everything finished after the weekend and vetting should be nearly done at this stage so seriously looking forward to joining :)

Have you any idea when you may be starting? And may I ask when you passed the fitness, just wondering were we around the same time. 👍

TheBhoys wrote: »
    Have you any idea when you may be starting? And may I ask when you passed the fitness, just wondering were we around the same time. 👍

I would be hoping December but that is if there is a batch in December.. It hasnt been confirmed yet so until it is its all just speculation.. I done my Medical on the 2nd of September and Physical on the 15th.. What about yourself? Have you everything completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

I would be hoping December but that is if there is a batch in December.. It hasnt been confirmed yet so until it is its all just speculation.. I done my Medical on the 2nd of September and Physical on the 15th.. What about yourself? Have you everything completed?

Have you any relations outside the state lad?

Have you any relations outside the state lad?

Nope nobody.. Only have about 5 people on my form and Super gave me the impression Vetting was completed.. He was sending my file back that day so should hopefully be with them and all now.. I really dont know if they will reach our OOM though.. Hopefully they do though

• Advertisement

Nope nobody.. Only have about 5 people on my form and Super gave me the impression Vetting was completed.. He was sending my file back that day so should hopefully be with them and all now.. I really dont know if they will reach our OOM though.. Hopefully they do though

If I knew where it ended I'd have an idea if they'll reach us? If a guy in the 730s got contacted by HRM for October regardless of wheather he started or not surely even with 75 in a class if not 100/125 they'd reach us. Considering he would have been 15 ahead of me on oom

If I knew where it ended I'd have an idea if they'll reach us? If a guy in the 730s got contacted by HRM for October regardless of wheather

Yeah only thing is he was contacted he wasnt invited down.. And im sure there will be people ahead of that will have file completed since and will be in first obviously.. Tough one

Yeah only thing is he was contacted he wasnt invited down.. And im sure there will be people ahead of that will have file completed since and will be in first obviously.. Tough one

Yeah true...my thinking I'd that let's say there's 20 files complete from others then the start at say 730 we're most likely to be reached?

Yeah true...my thinking I'd that let's say there's 20 files complete from others then the start at say 730 we're most likely to be reached?

Why would they be starting at 730 though?

Why would they be starting at 730 though?

I'm just guessing because the lad on here was contacted but not invited so say they stopped in the 720s... get my thinking? I could be way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

I'm just guessing because the lad on here was contacted but not invited so say they stopped in the 720s... get my thinking? I could be way off.

Person before him could have been 720's 700's or 690's, go easy on speculating so much it'll drive you mad over thinking it!

It could be speculated as follows;

Looking at the numbers taken into Templemore that's 400, plus the upcoming 75 that's 475.

Yet they have gone up to 730's with emails asking about availability so the numbers reveal a very large amount of people who did not take offers / fail medical or pct /deferred until next intake / waiting for vetting to come back.

From 475 to 730 that is 255 people. Assume max 100 are gone from failing medical pct and/or vetting or simply even deciding on not going forward at all. That's approx. 150 potentially deferred until December or waiting on vetting....

And these are just all very rough numbers and calculations and assumptions and maybe more or less than 100 didn't pass or take the offer but there is potentially a very long queue of people out there waiting on the same call/email....

As I said the above is pure speculation and guess work so who knows maybe December will be an intake of mostly people from 730's + with some people left from the 500's and 600's but try not kill yourself thinking about it too much...

Yeh, no confirmation of that, but it was stated a while back, think I may of read that on one of these threads. Yeh, passed my physical at the beginning of October, but I'm just above the 800 mark, so I may have a longer wait than yourself, depending on how many they bring on!

It could be speculated as follows;

Looking at the numbers taken into Templemore that's 400, plus the upcoming 75 that's 475.

Yet they have gone up to 730's with emails asking about availability so the numbers reveal a very large amount of people who did not take offers / fail medical or pct /deferred until next intake / waiting for vetting to come back.

From 475 to 730 that is 255 people. Assume max 100 are gone from failing medical pct and/or vetting or simply even deciding on not going forward at all. That's approx. 150 potentially deferred until December or waiting on vetting....

And these are just all very rough numbers and calculations and assumptions and maybe more or less than 100 didn't pass or take the offer but there is potentially a very long queue of people out there waiting on the same call/email....

As I said the above is pure speculation and guess work so who knows maybe December will be an intake of mostly people from 730's + with some people left from the 500's and 600's but try not kill yourself thinking about it too much...

This hurts my head.. I am gonna start thinking please let it be December.. If not please let it be the next intake haha From your calculations though it sounds like about 150.. And the calculations do sound pretty good.. So heres hoping :) Ever since I passed interview though I havent been losing sleep.. I know I have everything done and it will come when it comes.. Should prob be enjoying the last while in this chapter of our life.. Cause pretty soon our lives will change forever ha

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Yeh, no confirmation of that, but it was stated a while back, think I may of read that on one of these threads. Yeh, passed my physical at the beginning of October, but I'm just above the 800 mark, so I may have a longer wait than yourself, depending on how many they bring on!

I'm close to you in the OOM but I'm still waiting to do the PCT

This hurts my head.. I am gonna start thinking please let it be December.. If not please let it be the next intake haha From your calculations though it sounds like about 150.. And the calculations do sound pretty good.. So heres hoping :) Ever since I passed interview though I havent been losing sleep.. I know I have everything done and it will come when it comes.. Should prob be enjoying the last while in this chapter of our life.. Cause pretty soon our lives will change forever ha

Ha I know it's a bit much! but look it's the final wait before you'll be down so relax while you can :)

Ha I know it's a bit much! but look it's the final wait before you'll be down so relax while you can :)

Correct! I should relish the fact that I can sit on work on Boards all day haha Was looking at laptops in PC World nice little ones for 200 odd euro.. Have to get one soon I reckon

Correct! I should relish the fact that I can sit on work on Boards all day haha Was looking at laptops in PC World nice little ones for 2002 odd euro.. Have to get one soon I reckon

You can get good quality cheap laptops most places, shop around and make sure the spec is decent, they can fleece you with tech talk, but a lot of nonsense really!

You can get good quality cheap laptops most places, shop around and make sure the spec is decent, they can fleece you with tech talk, but a lot of nonsense really!

I wouldnt have a clue what he was talking about haha I just want something small and that you can get Microsoft on.. Would only be using it for college work.. And under 300 quid haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kickass22

I received an email saying my file was complete on September 23rd but have not received an email since, I was 716 in order of merit after interviews does this mean I will be waiting until December to hopefully get in to templemore if there is an intake then, thanks

• Advertisement

Kickass22 wrote: »
    I received an email saying my file was complete on September 23rd but have not received an email since, I was 716 in order of merit after interviews does this mean I will be waiting until December to hopefully get in to templemore if there is an intake then, thanks

Yeah you'll be in line for December so. Mind me asking do you have anyone in your family living abroad? I'm not far behind you on OOM but I'm worried my vetting might be slow with aunts in the US and UK

Have you passed the medical and fitness tests aswell?

Have you passed the medical and fitness tests aswell?

Yeah he would have to have gotten the email and be ranked 716

Yeah he would have to have gotten the email and be ranked 716

Surely it's only the vetting holding him up then so!

His vetting is done he's ready to go that's what he's saying

His vetting is done he's ready to go that's what he's saying

My bad.. Late night. Just surprised that he wasn't called up for the October intake with the OOM and having passed everything. Especially when someone in the 800s has been through PCT aswell this stage. Only a matter of time for him

Yes have medical and physical passed, no relatives outside Ireland, I assumed when it said my file was complete that my vetting had returned, and was hop full to get in October as I heard they were struggling to fill places

Yes have medical and physical passed, no relatives outside Ireland, I assumed when it said my file was complete that my vetting had returned, and was hop full to get in October as I heard they were struggling to fill places

It's really hard to know what the story is I heard from several people that's they were struggling to fill places. I was told I'd be in for October or December? When I met my Supt he said HRM were on to him to get my file sent back to them asap. When I done pct a Supt in the college said I'd be in line for December and when I was finished I was told HRM would be in contact about starts in due course..

It's really hard to know what the story is I heard from several people that's they were struggling to fill places. I was told I'd be in for October or December? When I met my Supt he said HRM were on to him to get my file sent back to them asap. When I done pct a Supt in the college said I'd be in line for December and when I was finished I was told HRM would be in contact about starts in due course..

Thanks I'm just at a loose end personally left my part time job and left college expecting October but this looks to have back fired on me

• Advertisement

Thanks I'm just at a loose end personally left my part time job and left college expecting October but this looks to have back fired on me

I'm in the same boat myself, left the part time job and planning on leaving college really soon, hoping for a December intake, but all motivation for college has dropped having passed everything.

Advertisement