Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

TheBhoys wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat myself, left the part time job and planning on leaving college really soon, hoping for a December intake, but all motivation for college has dropped having passed everything.

Very hard to know. I heard from a friend who's in templemore that they were looking for 2 classes of 125 each for October and December? I've heard that there's only 75 starting on Monday? I'd live to know who on the oom has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kickass22

Very hard to know. I heard from a friend who's in templemore that they were looking for 2 classes of 125 each for October and December? I've heard that there's only 75 starting on Monday? I'd live to know who on the oom has started.

I may ring them tomorrow and see what info they have,

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

I've heard it's only 75 myself, more than likely 75 in December again (if there's an intake)? I've read somewhere the cut off for last recruitment was 737, but that could be false, if that was the case, and they just brought on 75 more, I'd miss out in December again. Have you had confirmation of vetting being passed too? Haven't had that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kickass22

I've heard it's only 75 myself, more than likely 75 in December again (if there's an intake)? I've read somewhere the cut off for last recruitment was 737, but that could be false, if that was the case, and they just brought on 75 more, I'd miss out in December again. Have you had confirmation of vetting being passed too? Haven't had that myself.
    Just got confirmation saying my file was complete and iv everything passed and all was good with super when we spoke, I was putting my vetting as part of my file but maybe I am mistaken

No I've heard nothing since I passed the pct and met Supt. Only thing I was told was what I said above and best of luck with the career and see you soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

One week today lads.. So jealous! haha

Girl I know who got deferred at medical has PCT today. Her OOM is in the 690s she said that HRM said on the phone to her end of November early December she hasn't met Supt yet

Girl I know who got deferred at medical has PCT today. Her OOM is in the 690s she said that HRM said on the phone to her end of November early December she hasn't met Supt yet

Thats looking ok for us then isnt it.. It will defo be a December intake.. I have an awful feeling im not gonna make December though.. They are gonna email us when file is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Thats looking ok for us then isnt it.. It will defo be a December intake.. I have an awful feeling im not gonna make December though.. They are gonna email us when file is complete

My file is complete but I never got an email confirming it.? I just rang appointments and they told me it was complete

conzcro wrote: »
    My file is complete but I never got an email confirming it.? I just rang appointments and they told me it was complete

Really?? Its mad like they will tell some people its complete and tell other people that they can not give out that information ha When did you ring?

• Advertisement

Really?? Its mad like they will tell some people its complete and tell other people that they can not give out that information ha When did you ring?

I rang them 2 weeks ago.. I was ringing them every week for about 4 months I'd say they were suck of me ha

I rang them 2 weeks ago.. I was ringing them every week for about 4 months I'd say they were suck of me ha

hahah Maybe thats why they told you then haha I assume my vetting will be done either now or very soon but ya just dont know like.. You be defo looking at December anyway wont ya?

hahah Maybe thats why they told you then haha I assume my vetting will be done either now or very soon but ya just dont know like.. You be defo looking at December anyway wont ya?

Hopefully December ya. My oom is between 600-610 should have nearly made the July intake if vetting had been done don't know what the hold up waa very frustrating process

Hopefully December ya. My oom is between 600-610 should have nearly made the July intake if vetting had been done don't know what the hold up waa very frustrating process

Yeah the vetting seems to be killing a good few people.. And the October intake! Did your vetting come back just after that intake? So surely the OOM is in and around the late 600's isnt it

Yeah the vetting seems to be killing a good few people.. And the October intake! Did your vetting come back just after that intake? So surely the OOM is in and around the late 600's isnt it

Ya I missed the October intake by around 2 or 3 weeks. I don't know really a friend of mine is starting next week and hus oom was around 680

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

I have a friend who is mid 500's and a relation in Australia is delaying their vetting....

Ya I missed the October intake by around 2 or 3 weeks. I don't know really a friend of mine is starting next week and hus oom was around 680

Yeah so they have started to reach in and around the 700's then.. Obviously anyone whos file is complete above that will get preference but would still leave a few places for people in the 700's.. Good to know.. 75 is such a low number ha

How do you know they're emailing us when it's complete?
    I hope mines done soon but with aunts abroad I'm not sure. I'm hoping the fact that they're citizens and all love in the one area will speed it up but I'm sick thinking it could delay me

How do you know they're emailing us when it's complete?
    I hope mines done soon but with aunts abroad I'm not sure. I'm hoping the fact that they're citizens and all love in the one area will speed it up but I'm sick thinking it could delay me

I was on to them the other day and they said they will be on to us as soon as our file has been completed.. I suppose this doesnt 100% mean they will email us but sounds likely seen as some other people got emails..

I was on to them the other day and they said they will be on to us as soon as our file has been completed.. I suppose this doesnt 100% mean they will email us but sounds likely seen as some other people got emails..

Back to checking emails so haha...I hope it's soon mad to start

• Advertisement

It used to be that before offers went out people would be called to see if they would be able to accept an offer for X date.

Before our offers went out though they emailed people about a week before offers went out asking to confirm if we would hypothetically be able to take a position for the provisional date of X should you place on the OOM be reached.

It also asked how much notice you would need for your current employer. The email also stressed that the offers would be strictly given in the order of the OOM and the email was no guarantee an offer would be issued to you.

That is why some here know their file is ready as they were contacted for the last intake but the offers didn't reach their OOM.

My guess is they didn't want to take 100 for october then 50 for december so they decided to take 75 and 75 so that is why some people ready to go missed october....

It used to be that before offers went out people would be called to see if they would be able to accept an offer for X date.

Before our offers went out though they emailed people about a week before offers went out asking to confirm if we would hypothetically be able to take a position for the provisional date of X should you place on the OOM be reached.

It also asked how much notice you would need for your current employer. The email also stressed that the offers would be strictly given in the order of the OOM and the email was no guarantee an offer would be issued to you.

That is why some here know their file is ready as they were contacted for the last intake but the offers didn't reach their OOM.

My guess is they didn't want to take 100 for october then 50 for december so they decided to take 75 and 75 so that is why some people ready to go missed october....

Ah I see I see.. So when people who say they got emails about their vetting being complete they mean they were contacted about going in if their place was reached

So they dont email everybody as soon as theyre vetting is complete they email you to see if you are available

And obviously if youve got an email that means your vetting is complete

Ah I see I see.. So when people who say they got emails about their vetting being complete they mean they were contacted about going in if their place was reached

So they dont email everybody as soon as theyre vetting is complete they email you to see if you are available

And obviously if youve got an email that means your vetting is complete

Yea it doesn't specify that your vetting is done it simply says your file is complete as in you're ready and waiting for an offer to go down to Templemore but they go off the OOM, so although they emailed up as far as 730's if before the offers went out people's vetting comes back in for those higher up in the 500's or 600's they get the places first so this is possibly why some didn't get an offer or also they may have emailed 100 pax knowing only 75 offers would issue so they would get feedback off people not in a position to take a spot in October...

But they don't email people individually about vetting. You can try ring and ask for an update on your vetting but it's hit or miss whether they will give you information, generally when they aren't giving info it's a sign they are too busy...

Yea it doesn't specify that your vetting is done it simply says your file is complete as in you're ready and waiting for an offer to go down to Templemore but they go off the OOM, so although they emailed up as far as 730's if before the offers went out people's vetting comes back in for those higher up in the 500's or 600's they get the places first so this is possibly why some didn't get an offer or also they may have emailed 100 pax knowing only 75 offers would issue so they would get feedback off people not in a position to take a spot in October...

But they don't email people individually about vetting. You can try ring and ask for an update on your vetting but it's hit or miss whether they will give you information, generally when they aren't giving info it's a sign they are too busy...

Ah I see

I was getting confused because they said to me that the appointments office will be in contact with you as soon as your file has been completed. So that sounds like as soon as its finished we will be contacted to let you know its complete

Yeah obviously those people would be first and certainly should be the way.. It must of been horrible having such a long wait.. I hope to god I dont have that long a wait haha

Ah I see

I was getting confused because they said to me that the appointments office will be in contact with you as soon as your file has been completed. So that sounds like as soon as its finished we will be contacted to let you know its complete

Yeah obviously those people would be first and certainly should be the way.. It must of been horrible having such a long wait.. I hope to god I dont have that long a wait haha

Yea I mean maybe they plan on contacting people as the files are ready in the future but seeing how quickly they are going through numbers to try get the numbers to go down means they don't have the chance to yet...

Ah I would be surprised if I don't see you down in Templemore within one of the next two intakes considering your small family all in Ireland plus with you being in the reserves!

Yea I mean maybe they plan on contacting people as the files are ready in the future but seeing how quickly they are going through numbers to try get the numbers to go down means they don't have the chance to yet...

Ah I would be surprised if I don't see you down in Templemore within one of the next two intakes considering your small family all in Ireland plus with you being in the reserves!

Yeah I would hope that would stand to me alrite but you never know.. Have to see do they reach the OOM and stuff.

Cant wait to be contacted to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

In relation to the vetting and without getting to personal, is there anyone here that passed who have had family members that were in trouble in the past?

Reading through the posts they seem very strict on your aunts/uncles ect... which is a bit unfair..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bluebonbon

Just wondering can any women recommend a good make of shoe to wear with the suit? I'm 20 and I've never worn a suit in my life :p

It's going to look like I'm moving in for a few years with the amount of stuff I'll be hauling in on Tuesday morning :p

Anyone see the press release from the DOJ saying a new campaign will be launched shortly to recruit a further 600 Gardai? Why then are they calling band 2 & 3? And what about the rest of us with all passed just waiting to start?New Garda recruitment campaign to be announced shortly, under which 600 new Gardaí will be recruited in 2016.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR15000544

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Anyone see the press release from the DOJ saying a new campaign will be launched shortly to recruit a further 600 Gardai? Why then are they calling band 2 & 3? And what about the rest of us with all passed just waiting to start?New Garda recruitment campaign to be announced shortly, under which 600 new Gardaí will be recruited in 2016.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR15000544

The bands have been called now. There's no one left to do aptitude tests.

You will start don't worry. They'll work their way through the people at the various stages and fill classes with those people, like yourself.

The new recruitment drive will be for 2016. By the time they start it will be late 2016. Most people from the 2013 drive will be in Templemore by then or if they are delayed will join the new group.

Seemless recruitment is what was said initially.

Advertisement