Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thornthorn

I'm heading down Tuesday and my OOM is 494. I should've been in the July intake but like many here, my vetting wasn't back in time. As annoying as it is to wait, they'll get to you so keep the faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

I would love to know what OOM number the October intake stopped at.. Least would have an idea if I could be in next one or not ha I dunno if my number really should be December or not

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kickass22

I would love to know what OOM number the October intake stopped at.. Least would have an idea if I could be in next one or not ha I dunno if my number really should be December or not

Just received email confirming my start date on the 23rd of November, so not long to wait for next intake, a happy man right here

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

Kickass22 wrote: »
    Just received email confirming my start date on the 23rd of November, so not long to wait for next intake, a happy man right here

Same boat myself, I'll be seeing you there! Can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Awesome Job guys.... Am heading down next week... See you down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Well alls I can say is I am over the moon!! I can't believe it! Unreal feeling! Now to sort out my kit list when it comes! See ye all on the 23rd! Also I'd like to thank everyone here for all their help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I must say seeing lads reactions here is class, enjoy the college lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

I know this has been mentioned lots before but what is the first (induction week) like? What is the water safety?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    I know this has been mentioned lots before but what is the first (induction week) like? What is the water safety?

There's water safety, in and out of the pool.
    1st Aid, defibrillators etc...
    Maunal handling, moving objects and people.

You'll be in tracksuits for the first week doing all that..

Anyone get a confirmation of your attendance emailed back to you when you sent HRM your acceptance? Worried that I didn't

• Advertisement

Anyone get a confirmation of your attendance emailed back to you when you sent HRM your acceptance? Worried that I didn't

Didn't receive any messages back, but I haven't done before either so I assume there won't be?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kerrbear92

Sent my acceptance email yesterday as soon as I got the offer but haven't heard anything back either! I'd say it'll be ok at this stage 😁 Bring on the 23rd November!!

Anyone receive info packs yet?

Anyone receive info packs yet?

Nothing yet, hopefully they'll be out next week

Where ye all coming down from?
    Hopefully info packs tomorrow or Monday!
    I waa panicking about not getting email of confirmation

Coming all the way down from the hills in Donegal, going to be a serious trek every weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kickass22

Was wondering about confirmation email myself, coming from mayo myself

For the induction and water safety thing would you need to know how to swim?

Kerrbear92 wrote: »
    Coming all the way down from the hills in Donegal, going to be a serious trek every weekend!

I'm coming from Donegal myself! Be good to hear a common accent! Haha

Kerrbear92 wrote: »
    For the induction and water safety thing would you need to know how to swim?

I think you're split into 3 groups depending on how confident you are in water. Beginners for those who can't or are weak swimmers

• Advertisement

Pack is at home for me :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CS1234

Anybody who got the induction pack know if we write are list of cousins on blank A4 paper ??

CS1234 wrote: »
    Anybody who got the induction pack know if we write are list of cousins on blank A4 paper ??

I assume so? I only had a quick look at it but think so?
    Am I right in saying there was nothing about uniforms and sizing in the pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CS1234

I assume so? I only had a quick look at it but think so?
    Am I right in saying there was nothing about uniforms and sizing in the pack?

Yep nothing about sizing in mine either

Ok good thought I was missing bits!

TheBhoys wrote: »
    I'm coming from Donegal myself! Be good to hear a common accent! Haha

Where in Donegal are you coming from? Thought I could be the only one down there haha! I'll be in the 'can't swim to save my life' group...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

When or how do we give bank ac details? It doesn't say in the pack

conzcro wrote: »
    When or how do we give bank ac details? It doesn't say in the pack

You'll get a separate email about that with 2 forms to fill in and send back - the bank details and uniform sizing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ceatharlach abu

Can anyone here shed some light on how strict they are about the white runners??
    I just splashed 80 quid on black ones with white soles and don't want to buy another pair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Sonas123

You'll get a separate email about that with 2 forms to fill in and send back - the bank details and uniform sizing.

Is there anything that has to be filled in immediately as I wont be back in the country until the 2nd November?

Advertisement