Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

Sonas123 wrote: »
    Is there anything that has to be filled in immediately as I wont be back in the country until the 2nd November?

If I remember well, we were asked as to send it back to the college within a week.

Can anyone here shed some light on how strict they are about the white runners??
    I just splashed 80 quid on black ones with white soles and don't want to buy another pair!

Search the thread history for details, but according to some people they were not strict at all. They were quite strict on the white socks, though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Can anyone here shed some light on how strict they are about the white runners??
    I just splashed 80 quid on black ones with white soles and don't want to buy another pair!

They aren't strict on the runners. You'll be fine. As above though - white socks mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Can someone give me a good estimate on how much money we need the first week!?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Can someone give me a good estimate on how much money we need the first week!?

Well I'm bringing about €250 for the shoes and pe gear. It's probably too much but I'd rather have too much ☺

• Advertisement

That sounds good to me!!!!!! I wonder if anyone has the price list of the stuff! Would help a lot o ppl out!!!!!

That sounds good to me!!!!!! I wonder if anyone has the price list of the stuff! Would help a lot o ppl out!!!!!

I think the shoes are pricey enough and well with the pe gear it depends on how much of it you're going to buy as one person may buyo ne top one tracksuit bottom and leave it at that but others may want a couple of tops and maybe shorts as well? I know I've plenty of gym stuff for outside class time so one set may do me but I'm over budgeting to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Peter2.0

Has anyone read the form where it calculates pensions and says in year 1 a new recruit earns €50k ???

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Peter2.0 wrote: »
    Has anyone read the form where it calculates pensions and says in year 1 a new recruit earns €50k ???

Haha we can dream.. no haven't read it properly yet was going to sit down with a cup of tea and go through it all in abit. Going to start getting the few bits off the kit list this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Full pay scale here on the G.R.A website lads

http://www.gra.cc/payscales.shtml

• Advertisement

That's not the scale we are starting on, we will be starting on €23,171

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

This is the current payscale:

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2015-02-10a.551

That's not the scale we are starting on, we will be starting on €23,171

Found the new pay scale as per Frances Fitzgerald;

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2015-02-10a.551

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

havnt been onto it in a long time, I just assumed it was up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

Kerrbear92 wrote: »
    Where in Donegal are you coming from? Thought I could be the only one down there haha! I'll be in the 'can't swim to save my life' group...

Around the Letterkenny area, what about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

So is everybody wearing a full suit Tuesday morning? Anyone know what happens Tuesday? Introduction with family from 9 till 10 but after that are we straight into the upskilling courses or are we shown our rooms and sent to the shop to buy our gear etc

jwm85 wrote: »
    So is everybody wearing a full suit Tuesday morning? Anyone know what happens Tuesday? Introduction with family from 9 till 10 but after that are we straight into the upskilling courses or are we shown our rooms and sent to the shop to buy our gear etc

Wearing suit up, no idea what to expect but it's going to be a long day! Can't wait though :-)

Who knows what's gonna happen!!!! If I have to jump in the pool with a full suit on..... I'm jumpin!!!! Sure me togs are under me trousers... Down there for dancin!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kerrbear92

Did anyone fill out any of the forms in the info pack? Two of mine said there to be signed on once we've passed then the other is about pensions I think? Not sure whether we've to sign any of them or just keep them?

Kerrbear92 wrote: »
    I'm down in Milford :)! Did anyone fill out any of the forms in the info pack? Two of mine said there to be signed on once we've passed then the other is about pensions I think? Not sure whether we've to sign any of them or just keep them?

Yeah I was wondering that to do we fill them out or are they just an example? I'd assume we'll get our uniform and bank details to sent back during the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

jwm85 wrote: »

I'm not bringing a suit. Trousers, shirt and tie should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Corkrunner35

redout wrote:
    I'm not bringing a suit. Trousers, shirt and tie should be grand.

The info pack does say a suit, during my PCT the previous class were all in full suits so I'll definitely be in a full suit on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Lads ye need about 180-200 for shoes and pe gear. I would suggest ye get 2 "workout" t-shirts to cover ye for the week. Just relax and enjoy the week they ease u in very slowly so don't be worrying!! Looking forward to meeting ye down there next week!

Quick question... do we get a choice between long or short sleeved uniform shirts or whats the story?

Cheers man! See you down there

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Quick question... do we get a choice between long or short sleeved uniform shirts or whats the story?

U will get 3 short sleeve n 2 long sleeve

Am headin down tomorrow!

Am headin down tomorrow!

Looking forward to it? With the winter weather in full swing with weather warnings etc I imagine we'll have some tough days of parade ahead of us!

Going down by myself tomorrow what about you?

Yeah I never even considered that!!!!! I may be purchasing thermals over the next few weeks! Least we get one of them rain covers for our caps!
    My partners coming down with me, I'm sure there'll be a huge mix of who's coming with or with out people! What date did you do your physical, wondering if we had it the same day!?

• Advertisement

Yeah I never even considered that!!!!! I may be purchasing thermals over the next few weeks! Least we get one of them rain covers for our caps!
    My partners coming down with me, I'm sure there'll be a huge mix of who's coming with or with out people! What date did you do your physical, wondering if we had it the same day!?

I was down the last Tuesday of June, feels like ages ago!

Advertisement