Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Couple of questions, what sort of documentation does one need for the induction week? I know there is a pack that ya have to fill out but besides this, is there other things I'll be asked for, ie, proof of degree birth certs and all that stuff?

Another question I have is in relation to the meals, is it 3 a day and what kinda stuff is there to eat? Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Annk1839 wrote:
    Is induction 1/2 weeks? I was told induction starts 13th June, and intake is 27th June? Do you stay in templemore during induction?

Induction is a week and yes u stay in Templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Hi just at medical stage now myself so jumping the gun a bit, I believe there's a form about cousins you have to fill in, does that form include your partners cousins? Because I haven't a notion of getting them ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wassy11

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Couple of questions, what sort of documentation does one need for the induction week? I know there is a pack that ya have to fill out but besides this, is there other things I'll be asked for, ie, proof of degree birth certs and all that stuff?

Another question I have is in relation to the meals, is it 3 a day and what kinda stuff is there to eat? Thanks a lot

You will need your original degree, long version of birth cert and P45 but not really essential for the induction week more for your first proper week..the meals are breakfast (boiled eggs, toast, porridge and most kinds of cereal) lunch which is a dinner really has soup, some sort of meat and mash and a custard desert) then dinner at 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aquinn1792

Would someone be able to tell me how essential long form birth cert is for first day of induction week! My mom assured me that birth certs were at her house but arrived on Friday and she couldn't and still can't locate it, cert office was also closed then on Friday so couldn't get a copy. Best I can do at this stage is have someone get it Monday morning and post it upto me but actually been worried sick about not having it. Really don't want to look bad on the very first day, how essential is it? I'll bring my passport but I know it's not the same!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 kartkrazy

You won't need it induction week but will for week 1 along with all other certs degree p 5 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Have any of you guys heard anything about the ramping up of recruitment into the college? I take it that they don't even have the space up there to take on larger groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

FGR wrote: »
    Have any of you guys heard anything about the ramping up of recruitment into the college? I take it that they don't even have the space up there to take on larger groups.

In the old groups there were 4 phases all of just under 300 there at a time as well as other courses that were run from the college...
    There is space alright.. However the new way of training is all classroom based and that now means there is no longer enough space...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

FGR wrote: »
    In the old groups there were 4 phases all of just under 300 there at a time as well as other courses that were run from the college...
    There is space alright.. However the new way of training is all classroom based and that now means there is no longer enough space...

Theres talk of groups of 200 from the September intake on, but until 200 actually get offers and arrive down who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SKW17

Does anyone know if there are any groups scheduled after September? I passed my interview in May in the first 50 but due to injury I'm still awaiting my medical and PCT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

Hey guys, so as it stands I am in the September intake (I asked for a deferral from the June intake). Just wondering, from those who have recently started in the college, can you give us an idea what kind of costs we're looking at in the first few weeks; judo suits and that kind of thing?
    Any info much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Yea I'd like to know the costs involved aswell , just to have an idea of what's possibly ahead .

go back through the posts lads, almost all questions are answered already, you dont need judo suits for first few weeks anyway

Plenty of info there alright, but I couldn't find anything covering initial costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Is the gym open to trainees in the morning before lectures or or only in the evenings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Remmy wrote: »
    Is the gym open to trainees in the morning before lectures or or only in the evenings?

Open in the morning man.. ye can go real early if you wish or late in the evening too.

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Plenty of info there alright, but I couldn't find anything covering initial costs

Roughly around 130e for initial supplies like tracksuit, pe gear and the parade shoes.

Judo Suits wont be needed before week 10 and the phases usually sell them on to the phase behind them for 10/15e.

I'd advise having about 200-250 for the first week so you can get the supplies and then have money for the few pints in pollys or meals down the town while getting to know classmates etc

Also have a couple of hundred to survive on for the first few weeks before you get paid especially now with two induction weeks involved there is half a phase starting on week 0 not being paid then having a week off before week 1 and it takes a few weeks before you get paid so I'd recommend saving in advance so you aren't stuck!

Roughly around 130e for initial supplies like tracksuit, pe gear and the parade shoes.

Judo Suits wont be needed before week 10 and the phases usually sell them on to the phase behind them for 10/15e.

I'd advise having about 200-250 for the first week so you can get the supplies and then have money for the few pints in pollys or meals down the town while getting to know classmates etc

Also have a couple of hundred to survive on for the first few weeks before you get paid especially now with two induction weeks involved there is half a phase starting on week 0 not being paid then having a week off before week 1 and it takes a few weeks before you get paid so I'd recommend saving in advance so you aren't stuck!

Thanks for the info, it's shocking to think that you have to pay for your own parade shoes. What brand are they? I have a brand new pair from my time in the DF

Thanks for the info, it's shocking to think that you have to pay for your own parade shoes. What brand are they? I have a brand new pair from my time in the DF

God I can't remember... look at them every day in the locker ha hmmm it's a dark green box with gold writing maybe it begins with a W but can't say for sure.... I'll check on monday and PM you. Army guys in the intakes just bought them though so you may need to get them and yea at 70e they're very pricey!

God I can't remember... look at them every day in the locker ha hmmm it's a dark green box with gold writing maybe it begins with a W but can't say for sure.... I'll check on monday and PM you. Army guys in the intakes just bought them though so you may need to get them and yea at 70e they're very pricey!

Ah the ones I have are Linkers. I'm hoping they'll be fine. Great shine on them . Many a tin of kiwi was used :) yea €70 is abit steep

• Advertisement

Ah the ones I have are Linkers. I'm hoping they'll be fine. Great shine on them . Many a tin of kiwi was used :) yea €70 is abit steep

Well sure bring them and ask the drill staff if they'll pass inspection sttyle wise for the inspector or super and they'll let you know for sure what to do!

Well sure bring them and ask the drill staff if they'll pass inspection sttyle wise for the inspector or super and they'll let you know for sure what to do!

Sound bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Parade shoes are Winstanley. Cut the feet off ye :(

I looked that brand up, they would be quite close to the linkers. I would be surprised if they weren't accepted for parade. Especially if they are standard issue now in the DF

I looked that brand up, they would be quite close to the linkers. I would be surprised if they weren't accepted for parade. Especially if they are standard issue now in the DF

Parade is uniformity not wear what you want....

I would be shocked if you got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SKW17

I just wondered if anyone knows when the next class will be after September?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

SKW17 wrote: »
    I just wondered if anyone knows when the next class will be after September?

I think it's September, November, and January?

I hope someone has more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

AudiKid wrote: »
    I think it's September, November, and January?

I hope someone has more info?

Pure speculation unless someone works in HQ and can enlighten the rest of us. Im hearing november january and march....roughly every 3 months. Dont take it as gospel though

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Pure speculation unless someone works in HQ and can enlighten the rest of us. Im hearing november january and march....roughly every 3 months. Dont take it as gospel though

I heard September and November are looking very likely!

Where did you hear about Jan and March?

Could be true if they are taking in small intakes of 75?

• Advertisement

VicMack wrote: »
    I heard September and November are looking very likely!

Where did you hear about Jan and March?

Could be true if they are taking in small intakes of 75?

The wont do 75 again. It's phases of 150 or more. There are rumours of trying to get 200 in September down but until offers are actually issued this wont be known for sure.

Advertisement