Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

Hi guys just want to know where we are with the order of merit.
    I was ranked around 1,000ish. So I presume I'm along way off getting an offer in Templemore.

Any response is most welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

I placed 54, have completed the physical and the interview with the Sergeant and Inspector/Super. Just waiting the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

Anyone know how many is getting recruited in sept?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

200 is the figure doing the rounds. The problem is going to be finding classrooms as 161 and 162 will be both still in the college.

Thanks Vamp369 54 is very high is that off the 2013 trawl or the 2016 trawl.
    If its 2013, its taken ages.

Oh and after you met the Sergeant and Inspector/Super did they let you know you had passed that stage.
    Or do you just find out whenever you receive the offer?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

belftw wrote: »
    Thanks Vamp369 54 is very high is that off the 2013 trawl or the 2016 trawl.
    If its 2013, its taken ages.

Oh and after you met the Sergeant and Inspector/Super did they let you know you had passed that stage.
    Or do you just find out whenever you receive the offer?

Thanks

From the 2016 campaign. When I met the inspector, after his questions, he said he was happy to approve my vetting, just had to be sent back.

Thanks vamp369 that's a relief as I'm on the 2013 trawl which must be drawing to a close. So hopefully meet up in Templemore if all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

I've all the stages passed thank god and I met with the local Sgt and super ages ago it seems. Super was more than happy to approve my application so fingers crossed we get some offers by the end of the month .

Hi Gnr_Iver are you on the 2016 trawl as well?

Hi Gnr_Iver are you on the 2016 trawl as well?

I am indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Anyone else have their PCT on saturday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

redout wrote: »
    200 is the figure doing the rounds. The problem is going to be finding classrooms as 161 and 162 will be both still in the college.

150 in September and 200 in December

Hi guys just a heads up on the PCT.
    You can practice the beep test on a phone app and also some can't do the press ups.
    So probably worth practicing.

Jaysus this waiting around will be the death of me:( come on to f**K ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robemurphy

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Jaysus this waiting around will be the death of me:( come on to f**K ha

Try being part of the 2013 campaign then you know what waiting around is. Almost 8 months since I done my interview. Many left on here from 2013 to get in

Hi robemurphy yes I'm in the same boat, from 2013 campaign and 8 months since the interview.
    Where are you on the order of merit list?

Hi robemurphy yes I'm in the same boat, from 2013 campaign and 8 months since the interview.
    Where are you on the order of merit list?

Early 1100s . You ?

Have you done your medical and physical? Im in the high 100's from 2016 campaign and I only have the physical left to do

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

How are you feeling about the physical? I had my medical yesterday but no date of the physical yet. I need the extra training time though. I was worried they would offer me Saturday. Part of me just wants it over and done with but I want to be confident too.

Hi Robemurphy we are in the same boat I'm 1101.
    Hopefully be called at the same time as you. This process is seriously long , from 2013?
    Passed the fitness ages ago and no sign of a call up.
    Hang in there chum won't be long.

• Advertisement

Im confident enough. Iv been training fairly hard for the last 2 months just incase. Expect a call soon, looks like theyre doing physicals every Saturday for the next few weeks. Only thing that might let me down is cardio but im fairly confident I've done enough for the bleep test. Strenght tests should be easy enough and the obstacle is handy if ye take your time

Have you done your medical and physical? Im in the high 100's from 2016 campaign and I only have the physical left to do

Yes done medical in Jan and pct in Feb. So been left waiting quite a while . Practice the press ups and sit ups a lot of people got caught out on them

robemurphy wrote: »
    Yes done medical in Jan and pct in Feb. So been left waiting quite a while . Practice the press ups and sit ups a lot of people got caught out on them

You should definately be going in September. Thanks for the advice. 2 more days and i'll know 1 way or another. I think i've done enough to prepare but time will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

With those numbers I won't be surprised if they bring back students staying outside of the college or bringing in bunk beds..

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

FGR wrote: »
    With those numbers I won't be surprised if they bring back students staying outside of the college or bringing in bunk beds..

Students are already out in digs. As for bunk beds that may be a future possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Students are already out in digs. As for bunk beds that may be a future possibility

Bunk beds are happening right now lads, they are in the rooms.

Are you having a laugh? bunk beds? that's ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? bunk beds? that's ridiculous carry on.

No, unfortunately I am not joking! I know several lads who've been down in recent months who have seen it with their own eyes.

I know if it was me going down when I did I would have to hated sharing a room with anyone, even with the lads I got on with best!!

How can they expect 2 people to live in those little rooms is a joke. surely you must be entitled to sure sort of privacy or comfort while living down there.

its grand and good recruiting again, but the housing of recruits needs to be sorted realistically.

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything from HR regarding the status of their vetting clearance? ive heard nothing and none of my references have been contacted yet either. I don't know why its taking so long. Id be heartbroken if I missed out on the September intake due to the vetting not being completed.:(

Advertisement