Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

AudiKid wrote: »
    Who told you that if you don't mind me asking?

150 or 200 were the original numbers that where being said. I do hope your correct though.

There are fitness tests on Wednesday the 3rd, and 10th. I think they will be out soon after them.

I'd imagine we should hear tomorrow, they have to give a months notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

Seeing as Monday is a bank holiday but would be 4 weeks notice to the first induction week I'd say those in that first induction week could expect emails tomorrow or Tuesday! And Gnr_Iver a friend of mine did his PCT on the 30th of May and was down for induction on the 13th of June so even if your vetting takes another 2 weeks if September still isn't full they will probably offer you a place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Ah I know its a possibility but I cant see it happening, the vetting takes far to long to clear and if its not done by now then that's it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Ah I know its a possibility but I cant see it happening, the vetting takes far to long to clear and if its not done by now then that's it.:(

It's not even August yet!

Anything can happen over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FN2187

Vetting still isn't cleared yet according to HR. They couldn't say if I'd make the sept intake. I don't think I'll be getting an offer next week so.

Absolutely f**king bullin

I wouldn't loose hope just yet and if you don't make September, you'll make November and have one extra month to yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

FN2187 wrote: »
    I wouldn't loose hope just yet and if you don't make September, you'll make November and have one extra month to yourself!

Agreed. You'll be in this job for long enough and have been goin through this process for long enough. An extra month or 2 wont kill anyone. Don't panic. Im pretty much in same boat. Still no word from my super :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FN2187

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Agreed. You'll be in this job for long enough and have been goin through this process for long enough. An extra month or 2 wont kill anyone. Don't panic. Im pretty much in same boat. Still no word from my super :(

Same here, no word from local station yet

I've met with the Sgt and super ages ago and they've said there's no problems regarding my vetting. its annoying to think id miss out though, being stuck in a dead end job doesn't help either. :(

id rather not waste another month doing nothing. I'm sure there's people out there in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

I've met with the Sgt and super ages ago and they've said there's no problems regarding my vetting. its annoying to think id miss out though, being stuck in a dead end job doesn't help either. :(

id rather not waste another month doing nothing. I'm sure there's people out there in the same boat.

Do you a big family or anyone is anyone in your family living abroad?

September still a possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Ya I'm wondering why the sgt and super said that at all, he said I was grand on vetting but appointments office say it's still ongoing, God knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

df14 wrote: »
    Ya I'm wondering why the sgt and super said that at all, he said I was grand on vetting but appointments office say it's still ongoing, God knows

I'm only guessing but maybe they would have meant your local vetting is cleared.

df14 wrote: »

it would be easier if they just told us out straight what stage the vetting is at. being told two different things would put your head into meltdown

it would be easier if they just told us out straight what stage the vetting is at. being told two different things would put your head into meltdown

Exactly I understand it takes time to get done but the constant state of being in limbo is getting annoying, can't imagine what it's like for those left from 2013

Exactly I understand it takes time to get done but the constant state of being in limbo is getting annoying, can't imagine what it's like for those left from 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Calm down lads..
    Its not too late until the phase has started.

I got 8 days notice to start.

Keep saving the €€€'s. You'll need them. Believe me !

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Thats how i'm looking at it. I have my physical coming up soon and although I'd love to get down to Templemore ASAP I know I can save a good bit from now til November, if that is the next intake. If I get down there in Sept, Nov or Dec. I dont really mind, once I get there!

Has anyone been in contact with their references to see if they have been contacted yet? None of mine have recieved any calls from HR. Is that normal? Do they necessarily have to contact them if they are already happy with your application ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Has anyone been in contact with their references to see if they have been contacted yet? None of mine have recieved any calls from HR. Is that normal? Do they necessarily have to contact them if they are already happy with your application ?

It was the sergeant who contacted my three referees and asked them for written references. He did all that before he met up with me.

The super was on holidays so had to wait til he was back. That could also be why some people are waiting.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    It was the sergeant who contacted my three referees and asked them for written references. He did all that before he met up with me.

The super was on holidays so had to wait til he was back. That could also be why some people are waiting.

When I met with the super he said he had to problem with my vetting and would be sending it back to HQ the following day. This was a while ago now and i asked my references have they been contacted and none of them have.

It's a bit strange as I would have thought that the Sgt would have done it as you said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

When I met with the super he said he had to problem with my vetting and would be sending it back to HQ the following day. This was a while ago now and i asked my references have they been contacted and none of them have.

It's a bit strange as I would have thought that the Sgt would have done it as you said

Did you attach written references to your form b?

Have you lived abroad/changed address/have family abroad?

I was told my references appeared to be in order. Wouldn't think that counts as vetting though.

• Advertisement

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Did you attach written references to your form b?

Have you lived abroad/changed address/have family abroad?

I was told my references appeared to be in order. Wouldn't think that counts as vetting though.

Yes, I supplied all the required info and they said everything's good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

My local sarg called my references (2 at least) before he met me. I havent met with the super yet. I wouldnt worry, I know its hard not to but it'll be grand. Maybe the paper work hasnt been filed yet or something simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

I think it's mainly down to the individual sergeant who they contact. At my meeting the Sarge said she would only be contacting certain references. Eg she wouldnt contact my current employer but would contact Garda referees. Some sergeants might contact all of them and some might contact none. I guess it's up to each person and how they decide to handle it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

Has anyone got the email address for HR.
    I'm told by HR I'll be straight in when the vetting is is done but its now taken 4 months since I passed the PCT.

Is this normal?

belftw wrote: »
    Has anyone got the email address for HR.
    I'm told by HR I'll be straight in when the vetting is is done but its now taken 4 months since I passed the PCT.

Is this normal?

appointmentsATgardaDOTie

Were you or any relations livingabroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Just sit back, relax, and wait for your offer!

You've all the hard work done now

• Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

Bopper88 yes I'm working in Australia

Just sit back, relax, and wait for your offer!

You've all the hard work done now

I know mate. Like everyone I'm just mad to get the career moving Yano

belftw wrote: »
    Bopper88 yes I'm working in Australia

Thats explains the delay, in Ireland, all info is at hand, outside of Ireland, they've to apply for the info and wait yada yada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Laffs_a_lot

Who told you that if you don't mind me asking?

150 or 200 were the original numbers that where being said. I do hope your correct though.

There are fitness tests on Wednesday the 3rd, and 10th. I think they will be out soon after them.

The people doing stage 2 last week were told 150 in sept and 200 in Nov during their orientation talk.

Advertisement