Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Does anyone know if there is any driver training done during your initial training in templemore ? Or do you have to apply for a drivers course through your super once stationed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is any driver training done during your initial training in templemore ? Or do you have to apply for a drivers course through your super once stationed?

There's no driving course done in Templemore for students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

easy tiger.. it'll be a long time before youre behind the wheel

easy tiger.. it'll be a long time before youre behind the wheel

Just a question I wanted to ask bud ha. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Just a question I wanted to ask bud ha. :)

some people in some stations have been over 10 years before even being offered the driving course, some never get it!!

• Advertisement

some people in some stations have been over 10 years before even being offered the driving course, some never get it!!

How are officers expected to patrol and be proactive if they can't drive the cars/vans ? Is Chiefs permission still used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

How are officers expected to patrol and be proactive if they can't drive the cars/vans ? Is Chiefs permission still used ?

Have you no licence at all, Gnr_Iver? I'm in that boat myself at the moment. Looking to get it before getting called up, if possible.

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Have you no licence at all, Gnr_Iver? I'm in that boat myself at the moment. Looking to get it before getting called up, if possible.

I do indeed, full license for a few years now. If I was lucky to start the career I'd love to complete an advanced drivers course.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

I do indeed, full license for a few years now. If I was lucky to start the career I'd love to complete an advanced drivers course.

From what i've heard (and im open to correction) there's 3 levels of licence within the garda structure. 1 regular patrol. 2 traffic corps. 3 eru etc. I'm personally gonna do wvery coarse that I can get my hands on

From what i've heard (and im open to correction) there's 3 levels of licence within the garda structure. 1 regular patrol. 2 traffic corps. 3 eru etc. I'm personally gonna do wvery coarse that I can get my hands on

Yea I'd have the same mentality bud. Get as many courses under your belt as possible.

• Advertisement

Yea I'd have the same mentality bud. Get as many courses under your belt as possible.

Hopefully we'll know by next week if we'll be in the same intake. Do we need to come up with a secret handshake to recognise each other😂

Hopefully we'll know by next week if we'll be in the same intake. Do we need to come up with a secret handshake to recognise each other😂

Haha if we get an offer we can discuss this covert handshake you speak of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

How many intakes are lined up for the next few months ?

I'm sitting stage 2 soon just want to know where I ll stand

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

The people doing stage 2 last week were told 150 in sept and 200 in Nov during their orientation talk.

So far for the September intake alone, we've heard 150, 175, 200 and even 250!

If the bunk beds really are in the intake could be easily be 200 or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Horza

Anyone hear anything about a December, as well as the November and September intakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Horza wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about a December, as well as the November and September intakes?

I think at the moment it's just September and November confirmed. I'd say there will be an intake early 2017 as well.

Hopefully there will be word this week lads on offers. fingers crossed and candles are lit.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Hopefully there will be word this week lads on offers. fingers crossed and candles are lit.:D

Man dont even start, going to be a wreck this week :p

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Man dont even start, going to be a wreck this week :p

haha, ah shhtop ill have my nerves shot if I hear nothing.

Anyone else still up checking emails?....just me? Ok....��

• Advertisement

Anyone else still up checking emails?....just me? Ok....��

I'm on the nightshift at the moment, so the emails are being checked every 10mins ha:D

Still nothing....boards is gonna explode as soon as emails start being sent out with offers

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I'm even constantly looking even though I dont have my physical until next week!
    Fingers crossed for everyone. I wonder if they're waiting for people to pass tomorrows physcial?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Can someone help me get my head straight...I got notification last week that I passed my interview (YAY) and my OOM is in the 300s.

Is that 300 AFTER the 150ish that are heading in September? Or including that 150?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

AM11 wrote: »
    I'm even constantly looking even though I dont have my physical until next week!
    Fingers crossed for everyone. I wonder if they're waiting for people to pass tomorrows physcial?

I heard that they are struggling to get numbers together for the next two classes. Thats why there are two extra physicals midweek. One tomorrow, and next week that they didn't expect to run.

The people that pass are starting in September.

I didn't do my physical yet, but I heard its a 33% failure rate overall, and some people turn up without doing any fitness beforehand.

I hope you get your offers soon, but just be glad that the competition is over now.

What kind of source are you hearing this from?!

What kind of source are you hearing this from?!

A serving Garda.

Good stuff. Is your physical tomorrow or next week?

Good stuff. Is your physical tomorrow or next week?

Wednesday the 10th, whens yours?

• Advertisement

Same. Hurt my calf this weekend though :( resting it and hopefully I'll be back up and running in the next day or two. Feeling confident?

Advertisement