Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

By all accounts the 33% failure rate would be right. Thats roughly what failed while I was down. Even though plenty are passing the interview and medical there's alot failing PCT. Main downfall looks to be lack of training. Its easy enough to pass but you have to put in the training. Focus on cardio. Thats the most important part in my opinion. The bleep test is a mental excercise as much as physical. Just practice practice practice. When you think your about to give up you've got another 50% in the reserve tank just keep going until you drop

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

AM11 wrote: »
    Same. Hurt my calf this weekend though :( resting it and hopefully I'll be back up and running in the next day or two. Feeling confident?

Yeah me too! My right calf is killing me. I think I did to much yesterday. I managed to hit my level in the beep test, and then I really struggled with the sit ups and push ups afterwards.

I can do them easily enough on there own.

It would be much easier if we had the sit ups and push ups before the bleep.

Im confident enough, but it just comes down to mental strength on the day. How are you feeling about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I was reaching all my targets before hurting my calf so hopefully it doesnt push me back much. It pulled when I was doing sprints after the beep. Theres an 8 minute gap between the beep and situps etc right? Are you giving yourself some time before doing them?

I was reaching all my targets before hurting my calf so hopefully it doesnt push me back much. It pulled when I was doing sprints after the beep. Theres an 8 minute gap between the beep and situps etc right? Are you giving yourself some time before doing them?

Hopefully it doesn't affect you to much. You still have a week to go so don't rush back running on it incase you do more damage.

Yesterday was the first time I did everything together properly. I did have a few minutes break after I did the beep test, and then I did them. If it was the test I would of passed, but I still have more work to do.

There would be nothing worse then passing the beep test, and then failing the push ups

By all accounts the 33% failure rate would be right. Thats roughly what failed while I was down. Even though plenty are passing the interview and medical there's alot failing PCT. Main downfall looks to be lack of training. Its easy enough to pass but you have to put in the training. Focus on cardio. Thats the most important part in my opinion. The bleep test is a mental excercise as much as physical. Just practice practice practice. When you think your about to give up you've got another 50% in the reserve tank just keep going until you drop

It is a huge failure rate. The test is difficult, but I don't think they expect so many to fail it.

I should be ok on the day with a bit more practice. Its only 10 minutes of hell

• Advertisement

AudiKid wrote: »
    It is a huge failure rate. The test is difficult, but I don't think they expect so many to fail it.

I should be ok on the day with a bit more practice. Its only 10 minutes of hell

The first few are easy enough. I started to feel it at about level 6 and then was hell from 7ish. So only 2minutes of hell. The reason so many are failing is just a lack of preparation. If ye put in the work and you've no injurys there's no reason you shouldn't pass. Best of luck pal

• Registered Users Posts: 45 micjo123

Hi there, just wondering if someone can please tell me roughly how much time there is between each stage before you actually get accepted to Tipperary? So for example, if you make it through stage 1, is there a long time to wait until you go through stage 2, 3, 4 etc? I have some friends in the guards but they can't remember because it was about 10 years ago when they joined.

The reason I'm asking this is because I am doing a masters this september in psychology (as a back up plan in case I don't get into the guards) and I was thinking that if there are long gaps between each stage, then I might have enough time to do the masters before I start the policing course in Tipperary. This is assuming I get in of course!

Hopefully this makes sense. Any advice you can give me would be really appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

micjo123 wrote: »
    Hi there, just wondering if someone can please tell me roughly how much time there is between each stage before you actually get accepted to Tipperary? So for example, if you make it through stage 1, is there a long time to wait until you go through stage 2, 3, 4 etc? I have some friends in the guards but they can't remember because it was about 10 years ago when they joined.

The reason I'm asking this is because I am doing a masters this september in psychology (as a back up plan in case I don't get into the guards) and I was thinking that if there are long gaps between each stage, then I might have enough time to do the masters before I start the policing course in Tipperary. This is assuming I get in of course!

Hopefully this makes sense. Any advice you can give me would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Theres no real way of telling, I'm from 2013 and still waiting on a start date. Some people from 2016 have already started. It all depends on how many are in each stage, how many are passing/failing, if you get defferred for anything, your vetting and local station meets can hold things up too

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Tomorrow lads, I have a feeling in my waters!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

For iphone users, where beep test is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MsRoss1123

Same. Hurt my calf this weekend though :( resting it and hopefully I'll be back up and running in the next day or two. Feeling confident?

I'm in the same boat as you! Pulled my achilees muscle in my right leg last week and stupidly kept training! I was with the physio yesterday and he strapped my leg to take the pressure of my muscle ! My PCT is tomorrow so it's a bit of a disaster. I'm able to hit my target for the beep test on the sore leg , I'm just worried about the break between the beep test and the obstacle course because thats when I'm really going to feel the pain. Just going to have to power through and worry about it after

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Good luck tomorrow! Just push through. Altogether it's like 15 mins or something for the physical. No pain no gain. I'm icing it and hoping for the best.

Goodluck to everyone their fitness test tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Who's heading down tomorrow for the physical? Let's try and push each other through this bleep test!

I'll see you's down there and best of luck to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Hey guys just wondering how long does the medical take to do?few of us got dates today, thanks :)

VW73 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering how long does the medical take to do?few of us got dates today, thanks :)

Set aside 3 hours for waiting etc, could be faster but varies

Bopper88 wrote: »

Thanks for very!

Bopper88 wrote: »

Thanks for very!

Meant to say thanks very much!

Good luck to everyone doing PCT today. What time is it on, wonder if offers will be sent out after it....

What we thinking today,not likely. More of a Friday at 5 of clock job.

• Advertisement

RedmondHR wrote: »
    What we thinking today,not likely. More of a Friday at 5 of clock job.

Thats if any of us are down for infuction week 1. If we're induction week 2 then it wont be until next week. Love the optimism though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Would anyone know how long after interview is the Irish test if you don't have the LC langauge requirement? Also is the medical/physical test before it or what way is it worked.

What way is the Irish test marked?

Thats if any of us are down for infuction week 1. If we're induction week 2 then it wont be until next week. Love the optimism though

Fecking hell, delighted to be here and all but it's so difficult to plan anything with this. Have a notice to hand in as well as would like a week off before to sort everything out.

Fecking hell, delighted to be here and all but it's so difficult to plan anything with this. Have a notice to hand in as well as would like a week off before to sort everything out.

They know im leaving work since I passed the PCT haha. Got my notice ready to bring in as soon as I hear my start date. Im planung a week off before it as well. The waiting is nearly worse than the feckin test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

yea they are stretching it out alright. its gonna be tight with notices for work and sorting things out before the induction week. Just hope the vetting is back and that ill get word this week like the rest of ye.;)

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    yea they are stretching it out alright. its gonna be tight with notices for work and sorting things out before the induction week. Just hope the vetting is back and that ill get word this week like the rest of ye.;)

In the same boat, sure we will find out by Friday !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

Still waiting to meet the super! Hope we all get some good news soon:D

Jaysus I'd say if anyone else gets into this boat we'd f**kin sink. haha:D

So...pre-drinks in Dublin before heading down?? Gives us a chance to get to know each other before mixing with the non-boarsies =P

• Advertisement

Ha somebody is mad to hit the sauce. I'd say there is plenty of session down there. is there many people from the midlands waiting on offers?

Advertisement