Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Sure if you're not mad for it should ye be contemplating a career in the guards? Its all about uniformity right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

It is indeed and I do enjoy a few sups but I think if I get in I'll be found more so in the gym than in the local ha. That said, I'd be open to persuasion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    It is indeed and I do enjoy a few sups but I think if I get in I'll be found more so in the gym than in the local ha. That said, I'd be open to persuasion :)

Like one of my friends say 'there's always time for a pint' ......also also raging alcoholic but that's aside the point.

I'm very interested to see what the evenings are like down in the college. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

they're definitely leaving us hanging here with the offers, every other intake the emails started rolling out almost exactly 4 weeks before the first induction week and here we are coming near 3 weeks till the first induction!

• Advertisement

Ah I know the feeling bud. It really is getting to me now.

Most evenings shall be spent in the gym or studying but im sure a few of us will be able to find a bit of quiet time for an alcoholic beverage or 3 in order to destress ourselves and avoid getting burnt out. Really its in the best interest of our psycological development as members to have a way of relaxing. I think most people would agree.....

Oh its definitely a psychological issue. "Look after your mental health, drink pints". I can see the slogan now haha. Yea deffo be living In the gym no doubt

I'm more thinking the social side of things without over doing it�� not as if any of us is gonna have the money to be on the rip all the time. Imagine sitting through lectures with a hangover...no thanks, few social ones be grand

Yea I get what ya mean bud. I've been in lectures before absolutely dying and I've learned my lesson a long time ago. haha.

• Advertisement

Say it's like college, your evenings are whatever you make of them. Head gym, swim, study, drink ect. Fingers crossed for today lads! I can feel it!

Yea I hope it's today lads, God willing

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Just to finish the bunk bed rumour.

There is no bunk beds.

There is talk of bunk beds in the female halls in the future but there is none presently in the college.

VicMack wrote: »

There is no bunk beds.

There is talk of bunk beds in the female halls in the future but there is none presently in the college.

Nice to see equality is foremost at the college haha. I was looking forward to jousting for the top bunk...oh well....

VicMack wrote: »

There is no bunk beds.

I've heard some of the rooms have had bunk beds put in and I have seen a photo of one of the rooms in the females dorm with a bunk bed in it but maybe they're just seeing how they could work it in the future, tis a strange one!

caza182 wrote: »
    I've heard some of the rooms have had bunk beds put in and I have seen a photo of one of the rooms in the females dorm with a bunk bed in it but maybe they're just seeing how they could work it in the future, tis a strange one!

How'd you see pictures? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

RedmondHR wrote: »
    How'd you see pictures? Just curious.

I'd hazard a guess that he used his eyes in that instance

haha i know a few people in the college at the moment so when I was asking about the bunk bed rumour I was sent the photo but there's no official word on it yet so I would assume they're just seeing if it's possible, the bunk beds look fairly tiny aswell!

I think they must be sending the offers by carrier pigeon at this rate! Cmon ta f**k ha

caza182 wrote: »
    haha i know a few people in the college at the moment so when I was asking about the bunk bed rumour I was sent the photo but there's no official word on it yet so I would assume they're just seeing if it's possible, the bunk beds look fairly tiny aswell!

Alright, what the rooms look like? Bare minimum?

• Advertisement

I feel like harry potter waiting for my offer to go to hogwarts...where is my damn owl!?!?

You'd want to be outside getting the smoke signals ready. I'd say if we don't hear by tomorrow it'll be another agonising wait till next week.

It has to be tomorrow, guessing most people's notice are two weeks. I have already been wrong 3 times this week, let's not make it four :p

The level of hope over the last few weeks has been diminishing:) we should write a strongly worded letter, with a few fighting words, demanding answers!

Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

I'm thinking at this stage if we haven't been told then it's November for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Vamp369 wrote: »
    I'm thinking at this stage if we haven't been told then it's November for us.

No offers have been sent out for September yet. So don't lose hope. They're probably just firming up details. My guess is tomorrow afternoon or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

I passed the PCT recently and as I was leaving the sergeant said "see you in September... maybe". So I think the first batch of the 2016 campaign will be going in in September. I think the addition of "maybe" was more of a "if you pass vetting" rather than "if we have to make use of your batch for numbers".

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

Does anyone know how many trainees are being taken in next month. Have they even announced a September for definite yet?

Its Ranging anywhere between 150 and 250. Only people that know for sure are HRM unfortunately

• Advertisement

Hopefully today will be the day lads. God lets hope so

Advertisement