Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I'd imagine in the next week or so. Most people will have to hand in a notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

belftw wrote: »
    Bopper 88 well done I'm in the same boat, 3 years and 100,000 miles of travel back and forth from Oz for tests etc.
    Hoping some time soon, vetting is still holding me up.

Wonderful news to all those who got over the line. Its a life changer go and have a brilliant weekend.

Congratulations, was it worth the wait :p be easy enough to spot you out anyway,the one with the tan !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Well done all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    I wonder when they will send out the offers for the second induction week ?

There's another fitness test on Wednesday. So I'd imagine it will be the end of next week, or the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Jaysus the thoughts of more waiting around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Anyone thats curious about why they didnt get an offer today and were expecting it should give HRM a call. Worked out for me, ill be getting an email some stage next week inviting me down for the 2nd induction week

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

Anyone thats curious about why they didnt get an offer today and were expecting it should give HRM a call. Worked out for me, ill be getting an email some stage next week inviting me down for the 2nd induction week
    Congratulations mate. What number were you in the oom?

Af88 wrote: »
    Congratulations mate. What number were you in the oom?

Cheers lad. Between 180-200. Such a relief knowing I'm in, just have to get my stuff in order before September now

What did they say about your vetting ? Did they say it was done or being finalised ? They said that mine was being finished off so I'm hoping it'll be done by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Af88

Cheers lad. Between 180-200. Such a relief knowing I'm in, just have to get my stuff in order before September now
    Nice one, I'm 368 so going by that I should make the November intake. Fair play, it's a long process that causes a lot of anxiety in the build up waiting on calls and emails but at least your pretty much there now!

• Advertisement

They just said everything came back clear for the vetting and that id get my email next week. Id say anyone less than 600 should make the November intake. Vetting pending

They just said everything came back clear for the vetting and that id get my email next week. Id say anyone less than 600 should make the November intake. Vetting pending

Ah once they've said you're clear that's it like. This vetting is a joke like, with my OOM I should have got one of the first offers that went out. Might not make the September intake at all now. Don't think I'll be hanging around until November

Ah once they've said you're clear that's it like. This vetting is a joke like, with my OOM I should have got one of the first offers that went out. Might not make the September intake at all now. Don't think I'll be hanging around until November

Give em a call and see what the hold up is. If its a particular uncle or aunt you might be able to give them more information to help finish the vetting. I wouldnt lose hope for September just yet though. HRM might not work weekends but I'd bet the central vetting unit still do

Give em a call and see what the hold up is. If its a particular uncle or aunt you might be able to give them more information to help finish the vetting. I wouldnt lose hope for September just yet though. HRM might not work weekends but I'd bet the central vetting unit still do

Yea mate I asked them was there any other info I could provide to help but I was told there was nothing I could do at this stage. It's very frustrating that I'm potentially gonna miss out due to paperwork after all the hard work. Like I know there is a chance I could get an offer later on in the month but I'd need lots of Time for work etc Yano yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

In the same boat as yourself...thought September would have been likely but still waiting to meet the super. Hopefully something happens in the next week though, and they have been known to send out late offers so here's hoping!!

beaker4133 wrote: »
    In the same boat as yourself...thought September would have been likely but still waiting to meet the super. Hopefully something happens in the next week though, and they have been known to send out late offers so here's hoping!!

Yea you prob feel the same as me mate, but I've everything done , met with the super and Sgt almost 2 months ago and it's still delayed. The thoughts of being stuck in work for another 2 Months is killin me ha

Yea you prob feel the same as me mate, but I've everything done , met with the super and Sgt almost 2 months ago and it's still delayed. The thoughts of being stuck in work for another 2 Months is killin me ha

Ha yea I can understand that alright if you've everything done. But hang in there! I was in the 2008 campaign, passed everything, but then the moratorium came in:/ Think I've mastered waiting at this stage just like the lads who got offers form the 2013 campaign haha!! Just keep the mind busy, your time will come, and as I said, I'd say offers will be going out up until induction starts!:)

Ha yea I can understand that alright if you've everything done. But hang in there! I was in the 2008 campaign, passed everything, but then the moratorium came in:/ Think I've mastered waiting at this stage just like the lads who got offers form the 2013 campaign haha!! Just keep the mind busy, you're time will come, and as I said, I'd say offers will be going out up until induction starts!:)

Aye I'd say that's the trick just to get the mind off it and sure if it comes, it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Everything done also but still waiting to meet Super! Hopefully can meet the Super this week and speed things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Silvester04

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I got the email on Friday for September.

Two things if anyone can help.

1. It says in the email to confirm my acceptance before 1pm on Monday 8th of September. Is this a mistake and does it mean Monday 8th of August as the 8th of September is not a Monday and is after the induction week ?

2. Will I be able to take a day for my college graduation or should I be considering deferring until the November intake ?

Thanks in advance and congrats to all who got offers. :)

• Advertisement

VicMack wrote: »
    Everything done also but still waiting to meet Super! Hopefully can meet the Super this week and speed things up!

When did you meet the sergeant?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

When did you meet the sergeant?

About two weeks ago. You?

VicMack wrote: »
    About two weeks ago. You?

Week and a half ago myself

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Hopefully we get our Info packs today lads. Going to need a **** load of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

My vetting isn't done so that's September out the window id say, best of luck to everyone, roll on November hopefully

df14 wrote: »
    My vetting isn't done so that's September out the window id say, best of luck to everyone, roll on November hopefully

Same boat lad , gutted !

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

df14 wrote: »

Same boat lad , gutted !

Same. So disappointed. OOM between 20 and 40 so I was pretty hopeful. I guess it's at least another two months in a job I hate!

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Same. So disappointed. OOM between 20 and 40 so I was pretty hopeful. I guess it's at least another two months in a job I hate!

Yea I was between 15-20 bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

JimmyBreen wrote: »

What is the holdup with your vetting guys?

Have you lived abroad or do you have family abroad?

I'd expect that your vetting in Ireland should be quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 robemurphy

Just guessing by yere oom numbers ye are in the 2016 campaign? There is still a lot of 2013 still to get through and it may be a long wait for vetting regardless of your oom.

Advertisement