Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

AudiKid wrote: »
    JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Same. So disappointed. OOM between 20 and 40 so I was pretty hopeful. I guess it's at least another two months in a job I hate!

What is the holdup with your vetting guys?

Have you lived abroad or do you have family abroad?

I'd expect that your vetting in Ireland should be quick

Yeah, I live in the UK at the minute! I imagine that's the problem.

robemurphy wrote: »
    Just guessing by yere oom numbers ye are in the 2016 campaign? There is still a lot of 2013 still to get through and it may be a long wait for vetting regardless of your oom.

I think it's just vetting that's the problem, not the campaign. People from this campaign with higher (50+) OOMs have gotten offers for September. But it's just a delay, we're all in eventually! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

What is the holdup with your vetting guys?

Have you lived abroad or do you have family abroad?

I'd expect that your vetting in Ireland should be quick

I had a lot of people of mine but mainly Ireland and a few in England didn't think it would take this long though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

The vetting procedure as a whole needs to be sorted, it's far too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

Holy god your so right. Passed interview last December and physical in May.
    Why is this process so long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

The vetting problem I'd hazard a guess at is having relatives abroad unfortunately. I'm 50s in the OOM, passed all, met the Super and still waiting. Although November suits myself better. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Ah stop! I don't have my medical for another week!! I heard April was third intake ..... I don't wanna wait til then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

I have a close family member living in Asia. How are they suppost to vet them? Contact the police over there? I know it's going to f*ck me up big time.

I've seen some people on this forum waiting 8 months to be cleared.

I haven't even met my local Gardai yet, but I have my fitness on Wednesday.

Yea it's abit ridiculous, fair enough some people get through and fair play but it doesn't seem consistent to me at all.

It can really hinder people's chances of progressing, after waiting this long and then to find out you've to wait longer is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I just have one relative in America and my vetting isn't complete. 2 more months in work I'm not looking forward to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

Anyone thats curious about why they didnt get an offer today and were expecting it should give HRM a call. Worked out for me, ill be getting an email some stage next week inviting me down for the 2nd induction week

Done what you done half an hour ago, was told the same thing, delighted! Made my day !!

Done what you done half an hour ago, was told the same thing, delighted! Made my day !!

Congrats mate, were you told that your vetting was outstanding prior to ringing them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Congrats lad/lass( really wish boards had a gender identifier haha) even though ino Im in I just wanna get the email. Handed in the notice today so I'll be finished the end of the month. Hopefulky the email arrives soon

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Congrats mate, were you told that your vetting was outstanding prior to ringing them today?

I just rang them and asked how am I looking and they told me I should be expecting a email this week for induction week 2

Congrats lad/lass( really wish boards had a gender identifier haha) even though ino Im in I just wanna get the email. Handed in the notice today so I'll be finished the end of the month. Hopefulky the email arrives soon

Haha it'd be handy alright ,lad I is! Yeah same as just to confirm it like. Great stuff, I dno when il hand in my notice, still have plenty holidays to take too haha! When is induction week 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mou2016

Can anyone tell me the dates for the next few intakes ? Where does this information come from ? I have my pct on wed and just wondering when I can hope to receive an offer for all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Mou2016 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the dates for the next few intakes ? Where does this information come from ? I have my pct on wed and just wondering when I can hope to receive an offer for all going well.

Once you vetting is back then you will be in the September class

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mou2016

Once you vetting is back then you will be in the September class

but how do people know when the intakes are ? like how do people know that theres also one in november ? been looking for information online but cant find any mention of intake dates. Id like to know the next few intakes dates to see what is handiest for work/ currently renting a house on a lease.

Haha it'd be handy alright ,lad I is! Yeah same as just to confirm it like. Great stuff, I dno when il hand in my notice, still have plenty holidays to take too haha! When is induction week 2?

As far as ino induction week one is the 29th and two is the 5th. Hand it in sooner rather than later id day. Im just gonna take the holiday pay instead of the time

Mou2016 wrote: »
    but how do people know when the intakes are ? like how do people know that theres also one in november ? been looking for information online but cant find any mention of intake dates. Id like to know the next few intakes dates to see what is handiest for work/ currently renting a house on a lease.

The instructors told us when we were down for the PCT and id say the sargeants are telling people at stage 2 induction talks by now

• Advertisement

Hopefully my vetting will be back by the time the second induction offers are out. That's the last chance for September so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ravidoo9393

Anyone able to tell me what is the likely time for intake if you have your medical this week??? Still to do the Physical test and meeting my local sergeant at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Hey I have my medical Monday but haven't heard anything about meeting the local sergeant? I never knew it was a thing we had to do in general until I read these threads. Do they contact you or how did you get a meeting? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

They'll call you to arrange it. Theres no specific time frame for it, it varies by the station. I dont think anyone would know about the meetings if it wasnt for this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Anyone able to tell me what is the likely time for intake if you have your medical this week??? Still to do the Physical test and meeting my local sergeant at the weekend

Most likely November intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

Anyone, who's in for induction 29th Aug, get their Info Packs today? I hoped they'd be here this morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

Rang up today just to see what the story with my application was. Lady on the phone said they were still waiting on the local checks to come back which makes sense, because I haven't met the super yet. Everything else is done though...she said that if I managed to meet the super in the next week there is only a very slight chance I could make September, so I'd imagine they must nearly have the numbers. So for people who've met the local lads a while ago etc., it doesn't necessarily mean all your vetting has been completed...Anyway just the info I got today so said I'd share! Here's to waiting for November...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I called yesterday and my vetting wasn't complete....just got the email inviting me to induction week 2, delighted!

baldshin wrote: »
    I called yesterday and my vetting wasn't complete....just got the email inviting me to induction week 2, delighted!

Anybody else get invites for week two?

• Advertisement

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    Anybody else get invites for week two?

Yep, got it there an hour ago! Delighted

Advertisement