Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Yep, got it there an hour ago! Delighted

Congrats, lads! I'm a jealous bastard, though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Got my email just over a half hour ago. Must have been the last one sent before they went home for the evening. Over the moon that im starting induction on the 5th. Anyone from Dublin direction need a lift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Nope I didn't get anything yet. Still waiting for an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

With people deferring their offers there will probably be some more offers given out over the next few days.

AM11 wrote: »
    With people deferring their offers there will probably be some more offers given out over the next few days.

God willing there will be some news over the coming days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 FN2187

Do they give an option to defer in the email? Also, congrats to all heading down September, hope to work with you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robemurphy

Many heading from mayo starting in September

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

robemurphy wrote: »
    Many heading from mayo starting in September

I is mate, starting the 5th, wbu?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robemurphy

I is mate, starting the 5th, wbu?

Same as . What kinda area possibly split driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Congrats to everyone who got offers today.

See you in Templemore in November!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

Got my email yesterday inviting me down for induction week from August 29th to 1st September. Starting then from the 12th of September.

Looking to deffer however due to being in my final year of college, anyone else in the same situation..?

How does it work..? All I know is that if it goes beyond a year from your deferral you have to redo the Medical & PCT..?

My calculations have me finishing college between late April 2017 and early May 2017 (Will have exact date later today). Has anyone calculated or may be in the know if they would be intaking around then..? Very fearful of losing my place completely and I have worked so very hard to get this hard in college and this recruitment process would be depressed losing either.

Worst of all I have to give my decision by 3 p.m today...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bopper88

FN2187 wrote: »
    Do they give an option to defer in the email? Also, congrats to all heading down September, hope to work with you soon!

Please note if you are unable to accept this offer of attending the above Induction week, there is no guarantee of you being given a second offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

TdiReddi; if you defer this offer, you will get called the next time, which people are saying is November. You only get one chance to defer. I know it's a tough decision when you've worked hard in college but I guess this is how they get the candidates who really want to be there. This has been my experience anyway. I guess it boils down to which you would regret more? Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Anyone get info packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭caza182

Got the info pack this morning there's a good bit of stuff in it! Anyone else from Waterford starting in september?

Does anyone have the Garda HR number handy? I've sent afew emails to them but I'm thinking if I ring them they might tell me what the hold up is.

Don't want to be annoying them either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

caza182 wrote: »
    Got the info pack this morning there's a good bit of stuff in it! Anyone else from Waterford starting in september?

Got mine! Coming from Dublin.

caza182 wrote: »

Post or email ?

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Garda HR number handy? I've sent afew emails to them but I'm thinking if I ring them they might tell me what the hold up is.

01-6662571 the number they gave me in my email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Post or email ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

As hard as it is, I'd say just leave it, Gnr_Iver.

When I rang them I asked if there was anything I could do to speed up the vetting process (like contact the local police here in the UK and ask them to send info or something) and HRM told me that there wasn't anything that could be done and that it all has to go 100% through them.

It's rough, but I think the best bet is to just wait it out for the moment. They know you're waiting (and know how well you did in the aptitude tests, etc), they want you in there as much as you want to be there, it's just a matter of time.

cluedo123 wrote: »
    Thanks, work at the moment so killing me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

Jimmy Breen great advice. I have been waiting on vetting now for 8 months.
    I asked the same questions i.e. could I contact authorities in Australia where I am now to speed things up.
    I'm from 2013 campaign so nigh on 4 years waiting. So another few months won't hurt.

Might here something tomorrow, trying to stay positive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Might here something tomorrow, trying to stay positive :)

Hahaha you're going to give yourself a stroke!!!

AudiKid wrote: »
    Hahaha your going to give yourself a stroke!!!

haha, youre probably right, but if I don't hope for the best ill end up a broken man :D

Vetting is still "outstanding" or being "Finalised", can never get a straight answer from HR.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

haha, youre probably right, but if I don't hope for the best ill end up a broken man :D

Vetting is still "outstanding" or being "Finalised", can never get a straight answer from HR.:mad:[/

Same as, very annoying in just gonna try and put it aside for now and see what happens for November

df14 wrote: »

Vetting is still "outstanding" or being "Finalised", can never get a straight answer from HR.:mad:[/

Same as, very annoying in just gonna try and put it aside for now and see what happens for November

yea its probably the harsh reality of it. As each day goes by its becoming less likely to be starting in September. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrick.pjoc

AudiKid wrote: »
    I have a close family member living in Asia. How are they suppost to vet them? Contact the police over there? I know it's going to f*ck me up big time.

I've seen some people on this forum waiting 8 months to be cleared.

I haven't even met my local Gardai yet, but I have my fitness on Wednesday.

Hey,

I lived in China for two years between 2012 and 2014...do you know has your vetting come through yet.

I am really concerned that the Chinese will take an absolute age to respond.

Cheers.

P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

df14 wrote: »

yea its probably the harsh reality of it. As each day goes by its becoming less likely to be starting in September. :(

At least there's no distance between September and November! It will come in good time just focus on saving money or take a nice holiday if you have already done that :D

Advertisement