Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

But surely if you are currently working and need to give a months notice, you cant be expected to up and leave? Did you ask them about a deferral?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

VicMack wrote: »
    i-ron wrote: »
    Yep got mine today too. Gonna be expensive alright.

Could someone please explain what kind of things are listed in the information pack? Even just a brief list of what's needed so I can get working on it now rather than in November!

It's a breakdown of the gear we need tracksuits etc and prices for individual items. All available in the college shop so not much you can get at the moment until you get down there so I wouldn't worry too much. Things you can get now would be navy shorts, white gym socks, gum shield, couple pairs of slacks and shirts until we get set up with a uniform and general everyday clothes when your travelling to and from the college.
    The one thing people might not have which would be an advantage to know early is a windows compatible laptop.

After that it's general info in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

It's a breakdown of the gear we need tracksuits etc and prices for individual items. All available in the college shop so not much you can get at the moment until you get down there so I wouldn't worry too much. Things you can get now would be navy shorts, white gym socks, gum shield, couple pairs of slacks and shirts until we get set up with a uniform and general everyday clothes when your travelling to and from the college.
    The one thing people might not have which would be an advantage to know early is a windows compatible laptop.

Dont forget navy or black socks for the uniform, navy swimming trunks ( thank feck they got rid of the speedo rule) predominantly white running shoes and stationary equipment eg. Pens pencils etc. Think this more or less covers it. Thanks for doing most of the typing I-ron

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

Dont forget navy or black socks for the uniform, navy swimming trunks ( thank feck they got rid of the speedo rule) predominantly white running shoes and stationary equipment eg. Pens pencils etc. Think this more or less covers it. Thanks for doing most of the typing I-ron

Yeah the shop down there has pretty much everything so we'll be sorted. No reason for anyone to panic.......Just bring your bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Anyone know if we can leave some of our stuff up there for the induction week? Clothes towels ect.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Yaaay found out I passed my interview today in the Irish stream and placed 1-6 oom

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pt2016

Fran1985 wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat. I really could do with the next intake. I've got so many commitments to break :( just got the shout yesterday

What was approx oom if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Anyone know if we can leave some of our stuff up there for the induction week? Clothes towels ect.?

I'd imagine that the room you get will be yours for the 32 weeks, so I'd say yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭r_k.com

Hey everyone well done on getting this far. I was wondering to the people who got offers how far they are in order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

r_k.com wrote: »
    Hey everyone well done on getting this far. I was wondering to the people who got offers how far they are in order of merit?

Im at the high 100's but from what I've heard people upto the high 200's have recieved them. Some people with lower OOMs are still waiting due to vetting issues so if your OOM is 150 or so for example thats more than likely whats holding you up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Just some info re rooms in Templemore. You'll get assigned your room on induction week. However, you will only be in that room until the next intake starts. You will then be moved out to houses in the area that to college rents rooms in. You will most likely be living with a family. Some houses are within walking distance of the college. Most arent. The most recent intake have been told they will be vacating their rooms in the next few weeks in order to make room for the Spetember intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Has anyone's vetting came back yet?

Gnr_Iver wrote: »

Nothing yet :(

Yea same here, I've no idea why its taking this long. They've had plenty of time now to clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

Nothing yet... But I think they're still trying to fill September so there's still a small amount of hope.

Well if they start pushing papers through a bit quicker they would have no problem filling spaces.:D

Id be f**kin delighted if I got an offer for Sept.

Well if they start pushing papers through a bit quicker they would have no problem filling spaces.:D

Id be f**kin delighted if I got an offer for Sept.

Same as that, frustrating after getting ranked well in the oom to be told it's still ongoing and there's nothing they can do!

Pt2016 wrote: »
    Same as that, frustrating after getting ranked well in the oom to be told it's still ongoing and there's nothing they can do!

Yea frustrating to say the least. After passing all the stages with flying colours and having a oom in top 20 to be told I might not make Sept intake due to vetting, just seems ridiculous to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

Can someone please tell me what the oom is ? Have I completely missed something? Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FN2187

kellz1 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what the oom is ? Have I completely missed something? Thanks !

Order of Merit

• Advertisement

I phoned up today, and there's a problem with vetting coming back from England.

There's still places available for September, and we can still be called next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

Thanks and how do you find out what your oom is? Is it your ranking from the interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

AudiKid wrote: »
    I phoned up today, and there's a problem with vetting coming back from England.

There's still places available for September, and we can still be called next week.

Just goes to show the information can vary when you ring up! Stilllll waiting on the call from the super...!

Yea the information coming from HR isn't consistent at all. I'm really trying to stay positive but its starting to fade, if they could just give a straight yes/no answer at least we'd know were we stand.

beaker4133 wrote: »
    Just goes to show the information can vary when you ring up! Stilllll waiting on the call from the super...!

I am too.

I was told that if I can get recommended this week, then I'll be on the September class.

If not then it's November.

Yea the information coming from HR isn't consistent at all. I'm really trying to stay positive but its starting to fade, if they could just give a straight yes/no answer at least we'd know were we stand.

From talking to them today, they are trying their best to chase up people's vetting for the September class, but if it's coming from overseas they have to wait until it's back.

They can't give out offers until files are complete.

November won't be the end of the world, and we are lucky to be at this stage considering that over 16,000 people applied, and how difficult the competition has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

I'm just gonna put my mind on it being November now, September wouldn't really suit with work but I'd still be gone like a flash ha

Id say they are flat out trying to sort out vetting, but the system is far too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

beaker4133 wrote: »

I was waiting an age too. I eventually popped them an email and the meeting then happened very quickly. File was still with the Sargent at the time
    Id say they are flat out trying to sort out vetting, but the system is far too slow.

Something is slowing it down for you. A lot of other people who didn't live abroad or have relatives abroad have been cleared and that happened quite quickly. Maybe its not them, or their system that's slowing things down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 61_Eh123

I didn't get my information pack yet but got an email confirming that I got in and telling me about the induction week. Do we stay the week or is it whatever day suits you?

Advertisement