Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

61_Eh123 wrote: »
    I didn't get my information pack yet but got an email confirming that I got in and telling me about the induction week. Do we stay the week or is it whatever day suits you?

You stay for the 4 days (monday to thursday). The info pack should arrive by tomorrow or monday the latest I'd say. Did you email them your acceptance of the position?

Most of the stuff can only be bought in the college. If you have a laptop or tablet already then the rest of the stuff can be picked up for between €300-€500 depending in quantity and quality of the items you're getting

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Looking through the info pack and all.
    Wondering it if us best to bring everything down for the introduction week. Like I get we need stuff, but on the letter it says we only are doing water handling, first aid and something else for the intro week. So going by that only really need changed of clothes and swim suits.
    Laptop needed the first week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 61_Eh123

You stay for the 4 days (monday to thursday). The info pack should arrive by tomorrow or monday the latest I'd say. Did you email them your acceptance of the position?

Most of the stuff can only be bought in the college. If you have a laptop or tablet already then the rest of the stuff can be picked up for between €300-€500 depending in quantity and quality of the items you're getting

Yea I accepted it there.. I have a laptop omg that's a lot of money ain't it hahaha. I heard that we won't get paid until a month being there.

61_Eh123 wrote: »
    Yea I accepted it there.. I have a laptop omg that's a lot of money ain't it hahaha. I heard that we won't get paid until a month being there.

Not sure about the first paycheck. Ino we dont get paid for induction but surely after that its weekly? Its a fair bitta mula, im lucky enough to be paid monthly in work now so a nice fat paycheck is due at the end of the month. Should help with picking up the last few bits

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FN2187

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Looking through the info pack and all.
    Wondering it if us best to bring everything down for the introduction week. Like I get we need stuff, but on the letter it says we only are doing water handling, first aid and something else for the intro week. So going by that only really need changed of clothes and swim suits.
    Laptop needed the first week ?

I'll be bringing mine down to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement

Id say bring everything you think you'd need. Better to have to much stuff than to little

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Just got the offer to start Sep 5th that came from no where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Maybe its not them, or their system that's slowing things down.
    That time of year. Anybody who's applied for any sort of a job in a school has a vetting form in. Anybody who's been accepted onto a 3rd level course that requires vetting has a form in. I'd imagine you're form is an a big ol' pile o' forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

df14 wrote: »

Congrats! Did they say anything about the short notice and deferring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Congrats mate, I'd say you're delighted.:D

• Advertisement

AM11 wrote: »
    Congrats! Did they say anything about the short notice and deferring?[/

Nope just says deferring means you may not be called again

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

endacl wrote: »
    That time of year. Anybody who's applied for any sort of a job in a school has a vetting form in. Anybody who's been accepted onto a 3rd level course that requires vetting has a form in. I'd imagine you're form is an a big ol' pile o' forms.

Mines done and sorted. I was talking to people waiting. The hold up would appear to be with getting stuff other countries. But youre right. Probably big delays due to schools etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Yea I've heard that there is a big delay on vetting coming back from the UK, but I'm hoping I'll hear something before the Sept intake starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

If it's trouble from the uk God help me, I've a relative in Abu Dhabi and one in Australia and I'm hoping for November!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

If it's trouble from the uk God help me, I've a relative in Abu Dhabi and one in Australia and I'm hoping for November!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrick.pjoc

Congrats on the sept entry.....just wondering where about on the OOM are you?

60s

60s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

Fran1985 wrote: »
    I was waiting an age too. I eventually popped them an email and the meeting then happened very quickly. File was still with the Sargent at the time

Who did you email do you mind me asking??

Is the list of our relations we need to provide for the college just for blood relations or do we need to include all aunts and uncles?

• Advertisement

Is the list of our relations we need to provide for the college just for blood relations or do we need to include all aunts and uncles?

Id assume just blood relations, only the ones that live in the republic which halfs my list so im happy enough

Id assume just blood relations, only the ones that live in the republic which halfs my list so im happy enough

Thats what I went with anyway! When you down 29 August?

Thats what I went with anyway! When you down 29 August?

Nah I wasnt good enough for the first week...got bumped to the 5th of september instead hahah. You?

Nah I wasnt good enough for the first week...got bumped to the 5th of september instead hahah. You?

Haha i was lucky enough for the first week! Will report back with a summary and hopefully that helps anyone unsure on what to bring.
    We will need a way to spot other boardsies down there! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Haha i was lucky enough for the first week! Will report back with a summary and hopefully that helps anyone unsure on what to bring.
    We will need a way to spot other boardsies down there! :p

What's the dress code for the induction week?

cluedo123 wrote: »
    What's the dress code for the induction week?

Id say its suits n boots with casuals for the evening time. Maybe some sort of secret handshake to recognise other boardsies? Cant walk around with a nametag saying who we are...unfortunately

Went to the local station there and asked one of the new lads about the intro week. Said he was out a year.
    Said bring a laptop, couple of test during the intro week.
    Suits, clean shaven and short hair for when your down there. Will get hounded for it.
    Test on first aid.

Went to the local station there and asked one of the new lads about the intro week. Said he was out a year.
    Said bring a laptop, couple of test during the intro week.
    Suits, clean shaven and short hair for when your down there. Will get hounded for it.
    Test on first aid.

Sound for the heads up lad. Keep me updated if theres anything else they want us to bring down

Will post about what we done after the week to give yous all a heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 paulpaul85

Thinking someone here could help me out with a question, searched Google but couldn't find any information whatsoever.

A distant cousin of mine rang last night. Told me he has joined the Gardai and is going through the vetting process. He is looking for information on aunts uncles and cousins - name, address, D.O.B etc. But he also requested I tell him my place of work and job title.

Now I've just recently lost my job and haven't told very many people as I'm trying to get back on my feet ASAP. I told him to give me an email address and I would get back to him with the information. I have no convictions so I'm not worried there, but I just don't want to have to tell him I've been let go from work as I fear (through family gossip) it'll end up getting back to my folks who aren't well and in their 70s and I don't want them to know.

Do I really need to tell this cousin information like that so he can join the Gardai?
    Keep in mind until last night I hadn't spoken to this guy since we were 12 (I'm 31 now).

I considered asking him to leave me off the form but then I fear he'll think I'm into something much worse than being fired from work!

Advertisement