Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Any idea how long it'll be until we get uniforms? Also, I know everyone will be in suits on Monday but do you think shirt and pants is acceptable for the rest of the week after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 robemurphy

RumHam wrote: »
    Any idea how long it'll be until we get uniforms? Also, I know everyone will be in suits on Monday but do you think shirt and pants is acceptable for the rest of the week after that?

I think it's mostly the track suits we have to buy for induction week. Bringing plenty of shirts and that just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Your first week here will be just first aid and water safety and some other informational lectures. Day 1 you will wear suits. The remainder of the week will be the Garda tracksuit which you have to buy on day one. The last intake had to wait 4 weeks for their uniforms so it was full suits every day until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Anyone know if the Sept intake is full yet? I'm assuming so

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Sept intake is full yet? I'm assuming so

Id say so, first group for this intake go down on Monday and the 2nd half go down on the 5th. Anyone else should be November or early next year

• Advertisement

Yea I should be November now at this stage. Bit annoying but sure what can you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Extra time to save lad. Thats the way id be looking at it. Ill keep ye updated on how things are once I get down, as much as I can anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kellz1

Just wondering can anyone advise me please, I just had my meeting with the super today and everything else is done. What are my chances for November intake at this stage? Really need to know whether to register for final year of college or not 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I would say the chances of November are fair but I would take a long look at giving up your degree.

Finishing a third level qualification could end up benefiting your career in the long run.

Not trying to change your mind but it would be sad to see those years wasted :)

Extra time to save lad. Thats the way id be looking at it. Ill keep ye updated on how things are once I get down, as much as I can anyways

Yea its extra time to save which is fair. Being stuck in a crap job is the hard part ha. Need to get started on my career.:D

• Advertisement

I know, thing is I hate my course unfortunately ! All I've ever wanted to
    Do is the guards , praying for November, when might the offers be out does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

kellz1 wrote: »
    I know, thing is I hate my course unfortunately ! All I've ever wanted to
    Do is the guards , praying for November, when might the offers be out does anybody know?

Usually within four weeks of the first induction week, so Mid October.

Quickly adding it up, it looks like the first round of offers for the November intake will be out around mid October.

open to correction on that one.

Thanks! So second intake is not until mid November then would that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

kellz1 wrote: »
    Thanks! So second intake is not until mid November then would that be right?

If you have a level 8 degree you can skip 2 increments on the pay scale. 2 years for the sake of an academic year. But at the end of the day comes down to you! Best of luck with your decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 beaker4133

It goes up three increments for a degree/diploma, and one further increment if you meet the leaving cert requirements...well at least the GRA website says so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Super B

So everyone that's going for induction Monday are ye going full suit or just shirt and slacks. Tried on the suit after a few weeks of training and would fit two people in it so a new one will have to be obtained but don't fancy buying a full one considering the amount we will be giving the garda shop when we arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 docst

beaker4133 wrote: »
    It goes up three increments for a degree/diploma, and one further increment if you meet the leaving cert requirements...well at least the GRA website says so!

Increments are currently frozen till July 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Anyone else travelling alone on Monday? My parents are out of the country so it'll just be me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

RumHam wrote: »
    Anyone else travelling alone on Monday? My parents are out of the country so it'll just be me.

Yeh, I'm going alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 61_Eh123

Do you think they are strict on colour of items... I couldn find a navy swimming togs any where in my home town (female btw). So I ordered one online which said navy and got it there and I wouldn't call in navy but blue hahaha

61_Eh123 wrote: »
    Do you think they are strict on colour of items... I couldn find a navy swimming togs any where in my home town (female btw). So I ordered one online which said navy and got it there and I wouldn't call in navy but blue hahaha

I went to the local garda station and he more or less said its grand.
    I have a black pair with a yellow stripe and said they are fine. If not will get a new pair over the week off. No harm in trying your luck.

Looks like I'll be joining you in September!

Last day of work there. The next time I will be working is for the Garda! It's all coming in now !

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Last day of work there. The next time I will be working is for the Garda! It's all coming in now !

Fair play mate. Good luck to you and keep us posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 61_Eh123

I went to the local garda station and he more or less said its grand.
    I have a black pair with a yellow stripe and said they are fine. If not will get a new pair over the week off. No harm in trying your luck.

I rang up the college and they said it was fine that it don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Brilliant, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

Did you get called today for September?

Is there still places available for Sept ?

• Advertisement

Got a call to meet the super yesterday, half an hour after that I was offered a place starting the 5th! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Advertisement