Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 itsjustme85

beaker4133 wrote: »
    Got a call to meet the super yesterday, half an hour after that I was offered a place starting the 5th! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Nice one, congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Got a call to meet the super yesterday, half an hour after that I was offered a place starting the 5th! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Good stuff mate. Delighted for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 61_Eh123

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Is there still places available for Sept ?

I don't think it's filled at all... Like I no there is pct on today so whoever passes that today will probably called to start September aswell.

61_Eh123 wrote: »
    I don't think it's filled at all... Like I no there is pct on today so whoever passes that today will probably called to start September aswell.

Ah sound. Jaysus I hope I get a call for it. I'm Still holding on ha

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Ah sound. Jaysus I hope I get a call for it. I'm Still holding on ha

Did you ring up or anything? Are there people in the same boat as you

• Advertisement

61_Eh123 wrote: »
    Did you ring up or anything? Are there people in the same boat as you

Yea I've been on to HR a few times regarding my vetting but they've told me its still outstanding. But my references were contacted during the week so I'm hoping that it's gonna be cleared next week

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Congrats! It's a pity about the short notice, but I doubt you care anyway!

Don't forget to post here and let us know what to expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Hows the packing the lads going!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Just reading the info pack again and it says induction is from 10 tomorrow but families are welcome from 9 am. I'll be going in alone so would you show up at 9 anyway or wait until closer to 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Show up at 9. You'll be checked in and taken to your room to unpack. Into a lecture theatre for 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dougie786

Hi guys,

Quick question, I placed 700 + in Order of merit after my interview (wohoo) Just wondering when would I be looking at starting (providing medical/vetting etc) >?

Also what happens now.. I got my interview results on the 24th so do I just patiently wait now for someone to contact me >?

Many thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

laotg wrote: »
    Show up at 9. You'll be checked in and taken to your room to unpack. Into a lecture theatre for 10.

Is the open day for family just on the Monday because it's not that clear on the letter? Is the lecture at ten just for us or do family sit in on it aswell? And do the family just stroll about the place having a look or what does it entail?

Good luck to all starting tomorrow. Enjoy the start of your new careers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Euro100

Good Luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Good luck to everyone starting today!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

All the best to guys starting today! Hope so see you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

All the best to guys starting today! Hope so see you all soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Keep the rest of us updated and best of luck folks. Ill see ye all on next monday or else the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Good luck to everyone starting today! Enjoy every minute of it and keep us posted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Best of luck guys!

• Advertisement

Best of luck today... Hope to see some of you on the 12th

If anyones looking for Navy swimming togs go to sportsdirect.com Just got a pair for 14euro. Not the ball strangler type but not the full short ones. Kind of like a pair of boxers. Bit snug but fairly aerodynamic hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Day 1 was good but very long. Full suits worn and a long day in the lecture theatre but it's good to get the boring stuff out of the way!

Trying to put together who's who from this but its going nowhere so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    Day 1 was good but very long. Full suits worn and a long day in the lecture theatre but it's good to get the boring stuff out of the way!

Trying to put together who's who from this but its going nowhere so far!

How have the last couple days been mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

How have the last couple days been mate?

They've been fairly intense, ofa and manual handling as well as being graded in swimming.
    It's good though, getting a good feel for the place.
    It's all coming to a head tomorrow so most people are studying a bit tonight.

They've been fairly intense, ofa and manual handling as well as being graded in swimming.

What are they studying for so soon? Is there tests on First aid or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

Not too bad what's the living like below, like the food and so on? Starting Monday so wondering abit about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If anyones looking for Navy swimming togs go to sportsdirect.com Just got a pair for 14euro. Not the ball strangler type but not the full short ones. Kind of like a pair of boxers. Bit snug but fairly aerodynamic hahah

Hydrodynamic. If you're flying, you're doing it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Montague4LC

Is there any hope for someone who can't swim? I'm very bad in the water and can't swim at all, terrified of the water. What he being tested in?

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Hydrodynamic. If you're flying, you're doing it wrong!

All about the slipstream pal

Advertisement