Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Is there any hope for someone who can't swim? I'm very bad in the water and can't swim at all, terrified of the water. What he being tested in?

Don't worry. Just do what you can. I think i was in the pool about 3 times. Maybe 4. Was definitely only in the 1st week anyway. I didn't set a toe back in it for the other 31 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

Just wondering is the form of your first cousins,has that to be given in on the first day of induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RumHam

Just wondering is the form of your first cousins,has that to be given in on the first day of induction?

Didn't need them this week. Won't need them until the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Any more news from the first week lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

VicMack wrote: »
    Any more news from the first week lads?

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

Can anyone who have been through the medical with similar experience give me some information ?

I have a varicose vein on my left leg and I have my medical in a week, is this a straight Fail for me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Nerves are starting to set in for tomorrow...anyone else coming for a pint after induction? Just to...em...settle the nerves and all that...ye....

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

Nerves are starting to set in for tomorrow...anyone else coming for a pint after induction? Just to...em...settle the nerves and all that...ye....

Be rude not ta

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Comeonisaid

Thurles for the Hurlers homecoming

• Registered Users Posts: 40 61_Eh123

I must start packing 😬🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Did everyone sign the pension forms and stuff or do we go through them tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

df14 wrote: »
    Did everyone sign the pension forms and stuff or do we go through them tomorrow?

I think they're only copies of what we actually have to sign but bring em just incase. Better to have em n not need em than need em n not have em

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

I think they're only copies of what we actually have to sign but bring em just incase. Better to have em n not need em than need em n not have em

Cool thanks see everyone tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

Good luck tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Can anyone who have been through the medical with similar experience give me some information ?

I have a varicose vein on my left leg and I have my medical in a week, is this a straight Fail for me ?

I done mine Friday, I've broken my femur bone before and had 3 surgeries, I mentioned it and she didn't even check my legs, so if you don't mention it they won't check, unless you think it will effect you then mention it, the questionnaire asks if you have them, so it's up to you, maybe see what the situation is on varicose veins. If it's a straight fail or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Valuevan13

Wax100 wrote: »
    I done mine Friday, I've broken my femur bone before and had 3 surgeries, I mentioned it and she didn't even check my legs, so if you don't mention it they won't check, unless you think it will effect you then mention it, the questionnaire asks if you have them, so it's up to you, maybe see what the situation is on varicose veins. If it's a straight fail or not.

What's the
    Dress code for the Medical? Wat to bring with u?

Valuevan13 wrote: »
    What's the
    Dress code for the Medical? Wat to bring with u?

Just casual, you don't need anything just remember your GP and the address.

Just casual, you don't need anything just remember your GP and the address.

Casual as in trackies or jeans and top?

Valuevan13 wrote: »
    Casual as in trackies or jeans and top?

I wore tracksuit bottoms just incase they needed to view my leg Handy, both are fine i suppose , I was in and out within 30 mins.

I wore tracksuit bottoms just incase they needed to view my leg Handy, both are fine i suppose , I was in and out within 30 mins.

That's great wax100 cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I fully understand the possibility of being stationed anywhere. I'm just curious if you get any say as to where you will be stationed? Are personal circumstance or results during training taken into account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

For anyone who has completed the recent induction week, could you give us a daily breakdown as to what ye did over the week?
    Be interesting to know for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    I fully understand the possibility of being stationed anywhere. I'm just curious if you get any say as to where you will be stationed? Are personal circumstance or results during training taken into account?

You may put in a request for welfare reasons, such as ill family members, dependants, being tied to a mortgage etc. expect to provide proof and also expect AGS to refuse.

Once you get your stations with the rest of your class, you can swap amongst yourselves before you begin in your station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Once you get your stations with the rest of your class, you can swap amongst yourselves before you begin in your station.

Just want to make a note hear, having gone through the college, you can attempt/ask to switch with another willing trainee but it is not a 100% guarantee but it is likely it will be permitted assuming you don't ask to switch to a station on your front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Killinator wrote: »
    Just want to make a note hear, having gone through the college, you can attempt/ask to switch with another willing trainee but it is not a 100% guarantee but it is likely it will be permitted assuming you don't ask to switch to a station on your front door.

You serious ? I was under the impression you were landed with station X and that was that'???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

You serious ? I was under the impression you were landed with station X and that was that'???

Nope, if you can find someone willing to swap and it's not a station right where you live (dublin excluded, and the other major cities to a lesser extent) you can request a swap. Not a 100% guarantee it'll go through though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

So the Trainees from this new campaign will be €579 better off than their 2013 and 2016 campaign counterparts.....

It was €23,171
    This new campaign states €23,750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

D Trent wrote: »
    So the Trainees from this new campaign will be €579 better off than their 2013 and 2016 campaign counterparts.....

It was €23,171
    This new campaign states €23,750

Maybe it's changed for every trainee going through over the coming months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

can ppl see rent allowance being restored?

Its a major stumbling block for myself not being able to afford to live in a big city without some support, especially Dublin,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

2013 Campaign - Is there anyone on here still waiting on the completion of Vetting who was part of the 2013 campaign? I keep getting fobbed off with the standard response "your vetting isn't complete". I'm near into the 4th year of this. I worked abroad which may have held it up, but holy god 4 years!!!!. Has anyone any advice on how to move this forward. I'm at my wit's end.

Advertisement