Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dcw2016

Hi

I have received an invitation to attend the open day but I haven't received a date for my medical yet. Is this normal?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

belftw wrote: »
    2013 Campaign - Is there anyone on here still waiting on the completion of Vetting who was part of the 2013 campaign? I keep getting fobbed off with the standard response "your vetting isn't complete". I'm near into the 4th year of this. I worked abroad which may have held it up, but holy god 4 years!!!!. Has anyone any advice on how to move this forward. I'm at my wit's end.
    How long did you live away? Where abouts? I'm concerned I'll be in the same boat as you. When you call up HRM maybe as to speak to someone senior. I have called up a couple of times and the 1st person was really friendly and gave me updates straight away. The next person said they are not allowed give updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 belftw

Hi AM11 are you from the 2013 campaign as well?
    I lived in Australia for a about a year.
    I have rang and spoke to someone senior and got nowhere.
    At a loss as to what to do now.
    Everyone says just wait but 4 years would try the patience of a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

That's a crazy time to be waiting for vetting ' hope you get sorted soon,
    I d be ringing every week for an update
    Keep the pressure on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭AudiKidd

2013 Campaign - Is there anyone on here still waiting on the completion of Vetting who was part of the 2013 campaign? I keep getting fobbed off with the standard response "your vetting isn't complete". I'm near into the 4th year of this. I worked abroad which may have held it up, but holy god 4 years!!!!. Has anyone any advice on how to move this forward. I'm at my wit's end.

That's nuts! You'd wonder what they're waiting on, or why they won't just progress you.

I'm going to ask the obvious question. Have you been in any type of trouble in Ireland or Australia? Or any members of your family?

If not then I don't know.

I hope you hear soon. Hopefully you get November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Just a quick question for anyone that might know. I've heard that after 2-3 months of training you are moved out of college accommodation to make room for the next intake. You are put into housing around the local area, does the college cover this expense ? and how does it usually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Yes the college covers this expense. Some of my intake got moved out after 2 months, some left in for another 2 months. All luck of the draw. No way of requesting to be kept in etc. Some of the houses within walking distance, some are up to 10km away.

laotg wrote: »
    Yes the college covers this expense. Some of my intake got moved out after 2 months, some left in for another 2 months. All luck of the draw. No way of requesting to be kept in etc. Some of the houses within walking distance, some are up to 10km away.

Ah not to bad, do you share these houses with other trainees or are you alone with families?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

is the 184 training allowance for the time in templemore gross or net?

I'd like to think they wouldn't tax you on €184 ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

I was thinking of applying ,at 32 would I be old going into force, I know age limit is 35.

fire_man wrote: »
    I was thinking of applying ,at 32 would I be old going into force, I know age limit is 35.

Sure your still only a young lad ha If you want it then deffo go for it. You'll have plenty of life experience as well which will stand in your favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks.Do you have to spend 30 years in the force?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Thanks.Do you have to spend 30 years in the force?

Minimum of 30 years service and be 55 to retire. Mandatory retirement at 60 so youd have to contribute towards a pension. Not sure exactly how it works but im sure the info is out there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

If it's what you want , go for it while you still have the chance , if you wait it might be too late! You have plenty life experience which they will love! Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Chris14

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Ah not to bad, do you share these houses with other trainees or are you alone with families?

Fingers crossed for sharing with other trainees ! The contrast in what the experience would be like if we were on our own compared to with a family !!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mandymo

I'm 31 female and applied today! Might as well give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

how long till you are fully trained, lads?

Hi AudiKidd no not as much as a parking fine.
    To top it all they have announced another recruitment drive.

Anyone have the number for HR ?

• Advertisement

Hi AudiKidd no not as much as a parking fine.
    To top it all they have announced another recruitment drive.

And when did you hand in your form b?

I hope you hear something soon. Youve waited far to long

I thought you'd have it on speed dial at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

(01) 666 2571

AudiKidd wrote: »
    I thought you'd have it on speed dial at this stage

Hahaha I got a good chuckle out of that one :) It should be top of my contacts

Hi Audikidd I handed form B in a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Hi Audikidd I handed form B in a year ago.

Being deadly serious I'd write a letter and send it be registered post to head of hr in the guards. Ask for an explanation for the delay. Let them know your serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

It took me 5 years to get in. Done an entrance exam in 1978 but failed maths. Tried again in 1981 when there was another recruiting campaign. Walked through the gates of Templemore in January 1983. I do recall writing a carefully worded encouragement letter at some point in the proceedings when I thought they were forgetting about me. I still have the original draft written in pencil. So don't ever give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I lived in the states for about 6 years. I was in a few different places so I'm worried mine will take ages too. You must have the patience of a saint. I can't imagine waiting how long you have. I know its something I've always wanted but I'm not sure I could wait that long. I think I'll keep my eye out for other opportunities in the meantime.

And I'm from the latest campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Hey guys

Has anyone or know of anyone that was in training and worked in a bar PT at weekends? Is this allowed until passed out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Working in a pub is a prohibited activity once your join. If you are reported for doing this you won't last very long.

Advertisement