Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Meath95

Does anyone know if the increments on the pay scale are still in place for new trainee Gardai if they have a degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Meath95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the increments on the pay scale are still in place for new trainee Gardai if they have a degree?

Increments are frozen until 2018 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JimmyBreen

I think pretty much all issues with pay are soon to be addressed, though, including increments, rent allowance, etc...

I think we hear on Monday with regard to industrial action from the GRA, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

JimmyBreen wrote: »
    I think pretty much all issues with pay are soon to be addressed, though, including increments, rent allowance, etc...

I think we hear on Monday with regard to industrial action from the GRA, right?

No.

Ballot papers are to be in by Monday. Gra having meeting the 28th to discuss ballot result and to hopefully make proposals on action. As yet there are no plans in place for any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KingCon90

Does anyone know if you've passed your pct and interviews are you definitely going to be offered a place in February? Getting tired of people asking me when will I be starting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

KingCon90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you've passed your pct and interviews are you definitely going to be offered a place in February? Getting tired of people asking me when will I be starting

Passing all stages and filling all the criteria does NOT guarantee you a position on the next intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

KingCon90 wrote: »
    As long as you pass everything and have vetting cleared you'll be offered a place eventually going on your order of merit. February is almost full afaik and there in the 500s OOM.
    I heard there are 4 intakes of 200 this year, Feb/May/Aug/Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Anyone know the story with keeping PT work at weekends??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gerrard2121

Hi all, does anybody know if the people who are doing there medical/fitness tests in January/February will be taken on in May or is there still a lot of people cleared and waiting for the may intake?

Anyone know the story with keeping PT work at weekends??

you'll be grand to do that if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

hi all , if I have quesrtion to ask on stage 2 date , whom I can contact any idea, I have to plan 2 weeks holidays and dnt want tomiss my stage2 exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

eraj wrote: »
    hi all , if I have quesrtion to ask on stage 2 date , whom I can contact any idea, I have to plan 2 weeks holidays and dnt want tomiss my stage2 exam.

Public jobs office, if you Google public jobs details for contact number there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi

Can anybody shed some light on the station placement?
    For instance for the 34 week block can you be in Station X and then for the final 34 weeks be sent to station Y? Or is the one station for both ?
    I would be interested to hear from recent trainee experiences

Also do the additional allowances Eg night time ,boot ,uniform add up to much ? Or is not worth taking about ?

Many thanks and a happy new year

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anybody shed some light on the station placement?
    For instance for the 34 week block can you be in Station X and then for the final 34 weeks be sent to station Y? Or is the one station for both ?
    I would be interested to hear from recent trainee experiences

Also do the additional allowances Eg night time ,boot ,uniform add up to much ? Or is not worth taking about ?

Many thanks and a happy new year

I'm not a recent trainee but I know that its rare to happen but yoursecond 34 weeks can be chaned.

night allowance is worth a lot in comparison to the rest which as you say isnt worth talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi guys, a little off topic from this thread but did anyone hear anything about the Garda reserve recruiting again, I heard they were going to be recruiting again in January 2017 but I haven't heard anything yet, anyone any ideas, or is what I heard just nonsense talk. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the story is with carrying over pension and years service?

As in if you are coming from another public sector job, can you carry over your pensionable years service? Or do you start off the same as everyone else?

killer91 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the story is with carrying over pension and years service?

As in if you are coming from another public sector job, can you carry over your pensionable years service? Or do you start off the same as everyone else?

I didnt do it but I know it gets carried

I didnt do it but I know it gets carried

Thanks, is it only you're pension contributions that are carried or can you carry your years service over?

I.e if you've three years service in a previous public service job, would you have 3 years less to do with the Gards?

As in you do 27 years service instead of the 30 years required to retire on a full pension?

Thanks, is it only you're pension contributions that are carried or can you carry your years service over?

I.e if you've three years service in a previous public service job, would you have 3 years less to do with the Gards?

As in you do 27 years service instead of the 30 years required to retire on a full pension?

Yes a long as you have hit the golden age of 55 :D

Talking pensions, there is serious talk about that the current position of the pension contributions for us is about to change. I dont know the ins and outs of it though.

• Advertisement

Yes a long as you have hit the golden age of 55 :D

Talking pensions, there is serious talk about that the current position of the pension contributions for us is about to change. I dont know the ins and outs of it though.

Thanks, really appreciate it. Means I'll be able to retire at 55 if I get in this year or even next year.

Well I thought the post 2013 public service employees have a career average earnings based pension anyway unless it's different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 docst

Depends if your in the single public service pension or not

docst wrote: »
    Depends if your in the single public service pension or not

Yes I would be in the single public pension scheme as I joined in 2014.

So would that mean I could carry over the three years and I'd have 3 years less to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭weadick

Yes I would be in the single public pension scheme as I joined in 2014.

So would that mean I could carry over the three years and I'd have 3 years less to do?

I think with something like this you might be better off contacting HR directly yourself and sussing it out that way. Ppl on here may be well intentioned but could be giving you the wrong info. I am actually in a similar situ as yourself and I have yet to find out what the story is. Being able to retire at 60 would be a big incentive to join. As it stands at the moment I will be working until I am nearly 70!

weadick wrote: »
    I think with something like this you might be better off contacting HR directly yourself and sussing it out that way. Ppl on here may be well intentioned but could be giving you the wrong info. I am actually in a similar situ as yourself and I have yet to find out what the story is. Being able to retire at 60 would be a big incentive to join. As it stands at the moment I will be working until I am nearly 70!

Well as far as I know you've to serve 30 years or a minimum age of 55.

I called Appointments and they couldn't really she'd any light on it, they told me to ring Garda pensions.

It depends on what public service department you're in also.

Some departments would not pay the same amount into you're pension I.e the prison service or the defence forces would pay higher than civil service departments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bullonabike17

Just wondering folks, is there anywhere to store a bicycle in the college ? I wouldn't mind being able to get out on the bike after classes.

Just wondering folks, is there anywhere to store a bicycle in the college ? I wouldn't mind being able to get out on the bike after classes.

There is a bike shed/smoking shed around the back on the left when you go in the gates.. alternatively your room...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Edmundomee

Might seem like a random question but I'm starting a job in the college from mid September. I'll be commuting from Limerick Monday-Friday. Wouldn't mind sharing the commute with someone. From your time in the college would there be many commuting from Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Edmundomee

Might seem like a random question but I'm starting a job in the college from mid September. I'll be commuting from Limerick Monday-Friday. Wouldn't mind sharing the commute with someone. From your time in the college would there be many commuting from Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Edmundomee wrote: »

It would only be students posting in these forums and TBH nobody who enters the college as a student would post here anymore.

Your best bet would be to find someone to commute with when you start working.

best of luck

Advertisement