Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

1808182838486»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 abz54

is anybody still waiting to get In from batch 9?? 
    I’ve completed all the stages , last year. I just have to repeat my medical this month as I got a new diagnosis with some medication. 

Is anyone in the same boat? 
    and when should I expect a call for an intake? Would it after my repeat medical review? 

Any advice I really appreciate it if anyone knows anything or was in a similar situation.

Thanks so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

You won’t get the call until after you pass your additional medical .

When did your vetting start? It’s very hard to say , vetting can take anywhere from a month to 2 years , depending on family abroad , where you lived and what station reviews your file.

Average vetting would be 3-9months id say. Vetting generally starts after you pass your PCT. I’m batch 1 from 2023 campaign and only got mine towards the end of June.

is anybody still waiting to get In from batch 9?? 
    I’ve completed all the stages , last year. I just have to repeat my medical this month as I got a new diagnosis with some medication. 

Is anyone in the same boat? 
    and when should I expect a call for an intake? Would it after my medical review? 

Any advice I really appreciate it x

did pct last June 2023. And met the supers etc.

thanks for the reply. When I submit my medical info that’s needed do I contact someone or email?
    or what’s best?

Thanks for the advice it’s just such a long process waiting 9 months before I can to be reviewed on medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

I think the crowd doing the actual medical complete the paperwork. What you could do is call up HR and ask them did they receive it. HR would also be able to give some guidance and tell you an update on you application. They’ll be able to tell you how far along your vetting is , or even better if it is complete. There number is (01) 666 2571. You can also email them , but I think you get more information over the phone. They are usually very good in my experience.

Medical typically takes around 8 weeks to be signed off by HQ. I’d just keep ringing Garda HR every 3 weeks or so and seeing if there are any updates.

• Advertisement

thank you so much. ^ also, they said they’re waiting on a suitability check and I asked was it vetting? And they said they can’t disclose? What is a suitability check does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 tomc796

does anybody know do they check your medical history with your doctor or is it only there own medical review they do on you? Or do they do both?

Advertisement