Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is how you don't do a thread ( DSP Edition)

Options
  • 07-08-2014 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

I like to clarify first I do not condone bullying or anything of the sort but part of the gaming community on youtube and the let players Dspgaming ( Darksydephil ) is perhaps the most hated on youtube and has been a internet meme to say the least regarding with what he says , how he views his lets plays as art and his low level skill playing games.

The Fighting game community might know him better as he has said multiple times he is a pro fighting game player only winning once at one of the street fighter titles.

People who dislike him have made what I regard as pure comedy gold , his oblivious nature as to what goes on around him , his questionable and downright stupidity at times has made him to me the funniest thing since Monty Python movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is that not just blatant trolling? He's hardly being serious in those vids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

krudler wrote: »
    Is that not just blatant trolling? He's hardly being serious in those vids?

He is , he also does giveaways where he just gives steel booklets without the game itself , he is a train wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sorry, but having just watched the full MGS3 one, there's simply no way he can be serious. He has to be taking the p*ss. He tried to fight The End with a shotgun, The Fury with a sniper rifle, and The Boss with a rocket launcher. He shouted about tits and boobs over every cutscene with Eva. He cancelled Codec calls and then complained the game wasn't telling him what to do.

There is absolutely no way that could have been real. He has to be trolling. Please tell me he's trolling...

Did get some good laughs out of the video though, mostly from the comments that come up on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Watched a bit of the Vice City one. I have to lean on the side of a masterful troll. There's no way in hell someone would be that inept, or not be blatantly obvious about playing terribly. I've never heard of this guy before today (although Pat from Two Best Friends Play allegedly quoted about him!) and already I think he's doing this for the negative attention. I'll admit still funny though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

His videos scream "clickbait" , he is a troll end of :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

calex71 wrote: »
    His videos scream "clickbait" , he is a troll end of :mad:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat's the term I was looking for! Thanks!

I compare this to Kevin trolling CoD Kids. Genius! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

This is 100% trolling. very obviously. So very obvious

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DSP is a very well known "personality" in the fighting game world. He first rose to ... noteriety playing Street Fighter 4.

I actually think he started out honestly behaving scrubby, but soon realised it was why people watched.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Fighting game community might know him better as he has said multiple times he is a pro fighting game player only winning once at one of the street fighter titles.

This explains that.

By the same token I am the highest ranked Street Fighter player in Ireland (I won a tournament last weekend).

For the record, I would expect to be rightfully ridiculed for saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Doom is ranked number 1 in Ireland at Air throwing. We all know that. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement