Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What keyboard settings do you use?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Personally I like my @ symbol to be under the 2 key so I use USA International.
    When using a keyboard with Irish settings I constantly make typos.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have Irish settings, with the @ along with the apostrophe near the Enter key.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I have everything put correctly. I like mine set to Ireland. This allows my to go Alt Gr (Ctrl + Alt) for fadas, and the symbols follow the keyboard. I like the @ symbol being beside the downspace & shift key for instance. I suppose I'm so used to typing that way without needing to look for the keys that I prefer it that way.

I have yet to find someone who doesn't use the regular Querty keyboards. Usually when I see the keyboard setting set to US, I think it wasn't set up correctly and in all cases I have been right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I use the US/international keyboard layout - the @ symbol up at the 2 key, and the " and ' down beside the shift key. Learned to type on an AZERTY keyboard, took long enough to get used to QWERTY, so don't plan on changing again any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

mike_ie wrote: »
    I use the US/international keyboard layout - the @ symbol up at the 2 key, and the " and ' down beside the shift key. Learned to type on an AZERTY keyboard, took long enough to get used to QWERTY, so don't plan on changing again any time soon.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

:eek:

Learned and worked on a French computer for years - was in college before I used QWERTY. Fingers still wander towards the wrong key sometimes when I'm tired.

Cyrillic keyboard... Now *that* was fun....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

In before Dvorak freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

srsly78 wrote: »
    In before Dvorak freaks.

Tried to use one of them once for a French customer, drove me nuts. He said it's much better than qwerty for French language

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

My laptop in work has a US layout, but I've the region set to English (Ireland).

At home I have keyboards with our layouts, unsure if it's called a UK layout...

But also set the region to English (Ireland).

The odd time my region settings got messed up and switched to US, I've had no issue adapting to them. But I've seen a few US users try to use our keyboards and they were completely flabbergasted by'em.

Advertisement