Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help restoring data from cloud iPhone 4/4s

• 07-08-2014 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

hi, lost my iPhone but friend has loaned me his old one until my contract expires. Problem is neither of us knows how to get my data on to the phone while deleting his. Plugedmit into my laptop but when it got tomstep 3, downloading contacts it stayed on that for 2 hours so I stopped it. Can anyone direct me to a step by step guide for idiots? It has accepted my chip and is making calls etc for me and the fb app appears to have my email address but his old pics and contacts still on it. Many many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you have a backup of your phone (either on iTunes or iCloud) the easiest thing is to set it up as new. First you'll have to go to general->reset->erase all contents and settings. When that's done it will be like a new iPhone, so you just go through the step by step setup until it asks "setup as new" or "restore from backup" choose restore and connect to iTunes and select the backup file or use the iCloud one as applicable.

Advertisement