Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Top Up meter installed, still receiving bills.

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Basically, I had a PAYG meter installed couple of week ago. Yet I am still receiving bills, with standing order charges and charges on my arrears. I had problems with arrears which alerted me to go PAYG, but I honestly don't know how I can be charged standing order charges, and arrears fines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Lord Nikon,

Thank you for your post. Though you have a PAYG meter installed, you are still liable for a daily standing charge and PSO Levy. 

Though you are receiving invoices, you should regard them as statements rather than bills. To check the most up to date status of your account and balance, you should check your meter. The credit and debit screens will show you this information. For electricity PAYG customers, Electric Ireland will shortly be ceasing the distribution of bi-monthly invoices. They will be replaced with a statement issued every four months to customers who have a debt on their meter and once a year to customers with no debt on their meter.

If you'd like me to look over the invoice you've received, and explain any of the charges to you, please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Quick question if I may hijack this post for a minute please,is the daily standing charge and PSO Levy included in the PAYG electricity unit price,or is it just taken separately out of the top up credit?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi wiz569,

The daily standing charge and the PSO Levy are deducted on a daily basis from your meter. The top up that you put into the meter covers any arrears and your usage. On a daily basis we will deduct any other charges incurred through your meter. As a PAYG customer anything that you owe is charged through the meter itself and this accounts for all your usage, standing charges and the PSO Levy. If you press number 7 on your keypad you can see the unit rates and the standing charges charged to you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

Advertisement