Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband without landline

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm about to move into a rental property. I would need a respectable broadband connection, ideally 10mb or upwards with unlimited usage.
    The only issue is, there has never been a landline connected. I don't know if I'm correct in assuming that, this would mean I can't get Vodafone, Eircom etc
    If I am right, could anyone recommend a provider? Or correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Imagine are in Carlow , they offer a wireless service up to 10mb. I was with them for a few years but their service was hit and miss so I got efibre in.

Other than that your probably looking at mobile broadband from the likes of Vodafone and three.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Imagine give up to 10mb just recently got rid of them , the best I ever got was 4mb . Changed to UPC and I now get upwards of 30mb wireless and 120mb with a wired connection. It's costing me half the price of imagine for the first nine months and after that it's still eight euro cheaper than imagine . Best move I've ever made ideal for heavy downloading .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nd81

I rang Vodafone on the 8/8. 5 follow up phone calls, a few private messages on this and two engineer calls outs and still no internet.
    Brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Cancel order and go with UPC - they don't need a landline, not in Carlow town anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Cancel order and go with UPC - they don't need a landline, not in Carlow town anyway.
    Not all areas are covered for their Fibre broadband though, only the TV cabled areas otherwise I would go with them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Sonner this is done the better

http://www.esb.ie/main/innovation/telecoms.jsp

Advertisement