Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aggressive door to door sales man

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

One of your door to door salesman called to my house this evening, I told him straight off that I am not interested, as I went to close the door he stuck his foot in the door, I live alone with my daughter and I found this behavior unbelievably aggressive. I had to tell him twice to leave.  I would like to know what kind of vetting do these men have? Are these the sort of sales tactics that Electric Ireland employ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

kate357 wrote: »
    One of your door to door salesman called to my house this evening, I told him straight off that I am not interested, as I went to close the door he stuck his foot in the door, I live alone with my daughter and I found this behavior unbelievably aggressive. I had to tell him twice to leave.  I would like to know what kind of vetting do these men have? Are these the sort of sales tactics that Electric Ireland employ?

Report him straight to the Garda. EI will have a record of who he is if he's a genuine sales rep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I will have to, He was wearing some sort of identification around his neck, but to be honest I didn't ask to see it, my mistake.  But it was his whole demeanor that just didn't feel right, even down to the way he stood at the door.

He possibly was EI's salesman and just an arse. But always safer reporting these things. You may find someone has done the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Are these sales people not normally employed by direct sales and marketing companies?

Not sure they are direct employees of electric Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kate357

Report him straight to the Garda. EI will have a record of who he is if he's a genuine sales rep
    I will have to, He was wearing some sort of identification around his neck, but to be honest I didn't ask to see it, my mistake.  But it was his whole demeanor that just didn't feel right, even down to the way he stood at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi kate357,

Thank you for contacting us with this information. We will certainly investigate this matter fully, could you please PM us with your address and we will escalate this to the relevant persons. Once we have this information, we will able to check whether we had agents in your area last night, and address the matter.

I sincerely apologise if you found the behaviour of our agent unacceptable. I can assure you that Electric Ireland in no way encourages or condones harsh selling techniques like the ones you've described.

Please PM us when you can with your address, and any other information you think is relevant.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement