Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potty time- poo

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys my daughter is 3yrs3 months now and is "potty trained" since January to do wees in the potty and is now using the toilet rather than potty. However she will not so poo. I have tried everything star charts, sweets, rewards, reading books, watching YouTube videos of potty use, dolly going potty, praise, sitting with her for hours on end... Everything I can think of and to no avail she just will not go and does it in her pants. She is due to start preschool in a few weeks so now I'm beginning to panic (not showing it obviously) anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,036 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Could be a number of things. My eldest would only do poo in a pull up. He used to wear them at bed time. As soon as I'd put it on he'd go. He soon grew out of it. But it was preferable to him holding it and becoming constipated.

My youngest was afraid of the splash of the water, so I has to put a layer of toilet paper in the toilet before he'd go!! He also grew out of it.

Have a chat with her. Try to find out exactly why she won't go in the toilet and then you can work around it. It is usually just a phase that they grow out of eventually.

Another thing I remembered, my friend's little girl was similar to yours. Refused to do poo in the toilet. Would hold it for days. Her mam eventually discovered that one of the other little girls in the creche had told her that doing poo in the toilet hurt. So she refused to try. Then when she did eventually have to go, she was constipated, from holding it for days, and then it DID hurt, which started the cycle all over again.

Talk to her. Find out why she doesn't like the toilet and ask her would she do poo in the potty instead (or in a pull up?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Sorry for late reply! I tried some of your ideas and thank you so much for replying! I think we *finally* might have it, fingers crossed.! Ended up having "poo races" sorry for tmi and being a very competitive little girl, she had to do her poo before anybody else!! 3 days in a row, but fingers crossed its going to work!

Hahahaha!!!!
    Whatever it takes!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is quite normal and I would not worry about it yet.My eldest took a month extra to potty train for poo. I left a packet of magic stars on a shelf in the bathroom when I was training my 2 eldest..it worked wonders!!
    My 18 month old has started coming up to me to inform me he is about to do a poo then comes back to tell me he is yucky after now if only we could convince him to use a toilet....

• Advertisement
Advertisement